🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Emeraldinho":1ftwyibu said:
Wow, that's some haircut!!
Nothing wrong with the club's secretary's hair. :)

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
The club article states that he was scouted while playing against an Argyle side. Does that count as scouting?! Nothing against the player, I just hope we cast the net further afield than our opponents.

May 8, 2011
Green_Matt":3l1fw49m said:
The club article states that he was scouted while playing against an Argyle side. Does that count as scouting?! Nothing against the player, I just hope we cast the net further afield than our opponents.

It looks like they do:

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2017/septem ... baby-burn/

Both these signings have to be an indication that Argyle’s better financial situation is leading to an expansion and development of the youth system.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Does a L1/2 team really have a strong scouting network? I imagine it is more down to managers contacts and seeing players in friendlies. I don't think our infrastructure allows for a plethora of scouts to attend many games outside of those we are involved in.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
He adds to the now rich array of surnames at Argyle. Good Luck to him. Let's hope that Kevin Hodges has identified a Greek diamond. I have yet to see in print his preferred position. Does anyone know?

Jul 29, 2010
Quintrell_Green":2yp13zfw said:
He adds to the now rich array of surnames at Argyle. Good Luck to him. Let's hope that Kevin Hodges has identified a Greek diamond. I have yet to see in print his preferred position. Does anyone know?
Is the clue not in the title?...(genuine question/observation, lest that come over as sarcasm).

There are more Greek tragedies than diamonds, wrong rock.

I have also learned to pay little attention to apprentices since we signed Shane 'The next George Best' Fogarty in the late 80's. So very rarely does early promise develop into genuine talent.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Watch Mark Matthews' head explode with this news!

Aug 22, 2006
Klaidi's idol is Zlatan and was listed in a metro article titled "Top 50 Under 20's" last year. He was among the likes of Tammy Abraham, Moussa Dembele, Ryan Sessegnon, Gabriel Jesus, Reece Oxford, Iwobi, Rashford, Renato Sanches, Leroy Sane and Anthony Martial. Not quite sure if he's Greek, a separate article suggests that he is Albanian but born in Greece. The opposite can be said of the "Greek Lionel Messi" Sotiris Ninis who was born in Albania but grew up in Greece. So much talent wasted (sorry irrelevant bit of information there.) Hopefully Klaidi gets a good welcome from the players. Who'll be his mentor? Nadir Ciftki would be interesting. ;)

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Mazza26":3gv0afnv said:
Klaidi's idol is Zlatan and was listed in a metro article titled "Top 50 Under 20's" last year. He was among the likes of Tammy Abraham, Moussa Dembele, Ryan Sessegnon, Gabriel Jesus, Reece Oxford, Iwobi, Rashford, Renato Sanches, Leroy Sane and Anthony Martial. Not quite sure if he's Greek, a separate article suggests that he is Albanian but born in Greece. The opposite can be said of the "Greek Lionel Messi" Sotiris Ninis who was born in Albania but grew up in Greece. So much talent wasted (sorry irrelevant bit of information there.) Hopefully Klaidi gets a good welcome from the players. Who'll be his mentor? Nadir Ciftki would be interesting. ;)

Interesting read actually.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/09/05/metros-to ... s-6104974/