Brief synopsis Blackburn | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Brief synopsis Blackburn

German Shepherd

🚑 Steve Hooper
Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
Blood & snotters from Argyle. No one can complain that they're not playing for the manager (no matter what his tactics are like). I thought I was watching Wigan all over again until Carey scores a wonder goal with Argyle's first meaningful attack. Blackburn were all over Argyle to start with but posed little threat towards half-time & so it was galling that they equalised in stoppage time. To add insult, Letheren was clearly knackered & I looked at Cooper warming up during the break & thought he looks about 15 & we're gonna get mullered in the 2nd half. How wrong was I ! Cooper was outstanding & the defence were taking blow after blow but kept standing. In between Argyle actually looked threatening on the break. Then enter Taylor-Sinclair with an unbelievable last second, literally, goal line clearance. If that had gone in after all the effort they put in, I think I probably would have blubbed all the way back to Preston.
Well done lads.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
On such games do seasons turn ?

Much as expected we were under the cosh for long periods in this one, yet I felt that every time we broke away we looked threatening. Some heroic performances in defence again but also some glimpses of quality going forward.

Early doors we were under pressure and the central triumvirate of Songo’o in front of Bradley and Edwards were solid. The mark of this was that Letheren was rarely called into action due to a variety of block challenges and wayward shooting. Both full-backs were fragile at this stage for different reasons – Sawyer obviously out of position and Taylor-Sinclair seemingly nervous.

Our inability to hold on to possession was costing us and only Carey and the wise old heads of Fox and Diagouraga were able to use the ball wisely. Jervis battled away at centre-forward but as expected struggled to hold on to the ball and wasn’t physical enough.

So it seemed we were in for the long haul hoping for some Carey magic. And it came. Gaining possession from Jervis he was baulked but continued to evade a few defenders and curl deliciously into the far side of the net. Pure quality and not dissimilar to Saturday’s goal.

Blackburn then seemed to lose their way, shooting from silly positions and generally not threatening. Then Letheren injured himself on a routine kick out under no pressure. It looked as though he may have caught the turf and was clearly in trouble.

Their goal came from an aerial ball which the forward beat Bradley too. I read some rubbish about Bradley on the match thread at HT – he was as good as anybody in the back four and attention should also be paid to how Dack was able to ghost between defenders and anticipate the header into his path. Letheren’s injury could not be blamed.

The second half was a battering for the first 20 minutes and Carey wisely went down ‘injured’. Jervis had run out of puff, but still when we broke away we had real threat – Grant and Carey with good attempts.

Blackburn huffed and puffed and must have broken a record for corners. Right at the death their left midfield broke clear of Sawyer with the ball eventually going across the 6 yard box and Cooper committed. I’d given it up and accepted more heartbreak but Taylor-Sinclair performed a miracle block and was surrounded by team-mates in appreciation.

So on such instances are seasons changed ? Well, there was no doubt that they were all playing for each other and I dare say the manager. Moments like that along with the team spirit shown will get the fans back on side and that is the way to turn things around.

As for Blackburn, they were decent but comparing them to their near neighbours they had nowhere near the quality of Wigan.

Adams gameplan was good. The shape was held well throughout. I would have changed Jervis earlier due to fatigue but that’s about it.

And special mention for Cooper who was excellent. No signs of nerves, some good saves most notably a tip over from a close range header. A big well done from me.

Letheren 6
Sawyer 7
Bradley 8
Edwards 8
Taylor-Sinclair 7
Songo’o 8
Fox 8
Diagouraga 8
Grant 7
Carey 9
Jervis 6

Subs:
Cooper 8
Blissett N/A

So, MoM = Carey (seems to have lifted those dark clouds. Not so angry and oozed quality at times.)

Feb 2, 2007
Seen highlights and have to say Well done Songo'o, ATS, Cooper in particular- the defensive side is definitely getting bodies on line message. Great to hear eyewitness accounts of the workrate. Same for last three games. In fact last game work rate was possibly an issue was Doncaster.

Great goal GC10, he's the one man who can turn our season with the whole team galvanised.

Just need 3 points Saturday to get momentum...l

Jul 6, 2009
Credit where it is due. Carey more focused, perhaps his off the field problems are behind him, and two brilliant goals in two games. Every player giving everything. Young GK stepped up and the players protected him well. A point away at Blackburn does not get a team relegated, let us hope brighter days are ahead and surely our luck must change soon.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
That block from Taylor-Sinclair was incredible. I couldn't care less what Doncaster fans voted him as, keep playing like that with that commitment and he'll make that spot his own.

May 3, 2017
Brilliant point in the circumstances with so many injuries. I get the feeling things might be starting to turn for the better. It’s baby steps but the confidence is gradually returning. Diagouraga seems to have made a difference, it’s no coincidence Carey has looked much sharper in the last couple of games since the big mans artival. Great effort lads, we just need that long awaited win on Saturday now.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Thanks for the reports, our unbeaten run continues. :)

Avoiding relegation in the position we are in with all the injuries and suspensions will be a bigger achievement than winning promotion last season and this could just be the start of our revival.

Does Miller now return to the team as our only recognised right back and move Sawyer over to left back, which would be unfair on Taylor-Sinclair?

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
PL2 3DQ":13c19jfw said:
Thanks for the reports, our unbeaten run continues. :)

Avoiding relegation in the position we are in with all the injuries and suspensions will be a bigger achievement than winning promotion last season and this could just be the start of our revival.

Does Miller now return to the team as our only recognised right back and move Sawyer over the left back, which would be unfair on Taylor-Sinclair.

I'd leave it the same Posty. Taylor-Sinclair was nervy to begin with but grew into the game and that goal line block will give him a real boost. Sawyer looked uncomfortable but was competent - I'm not sure Miller brings anything more than that.

Apr 6, 2009
Thought we looked good. Diagouraga made a big difference and carey got some confidence back. Defence looked fantastic. Songoo especially and well done to Cooper

The problem with corners is because we defend with 11 so even if we clear it the ball always comes back and then often put out then for a other corner and so on

Aug 10, 2006
very good point, thought taylor-sinclair had a good game also pleased cooper kept a clean sheet just one thing and I know it's supposed to be funny but it's not, all this stupid chanting small town in burnley and bus stop in Bolton ffs.

Jul 6, 2009
loyal1970":3cxu3e2e said:
very good point, thought taylor-sinclair had a good game also pleased cooper kept a clean sheet just one thing and I know it's supposed to be funny but it's not, all this stupid chanting small town in burnley and bus stop in Bolton ffs.

If it is irritating you, think how irritating it is to the Blackburn fans and players. Why don't you just let the fans who have travelled half the country on a Tuesday sing what they want?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Sky Sports have made a separate story on that goal line block by Taylor-Sinclair including slow motion footage.