Michael Cooper | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Michael Cooper

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Good luck for the rest of tonight's game and any that are forthcoming. I'm sure he's happy to play but surely can't have been expecting it. In a season that has already thrown up a freakish run of red cards, what are the chances of having three senior goalies out injured simultaneously?

Apr 12, 2016
That's four keepers we've used now this season. Must be close to a record for this time of the season ? Anyway best of British to the lad and er....don't get injured !

C

Charles Plym

I think you are allowed an emergency loan for goalkeeping injuries even if the windows shut .

Feb 28, 2016
Charles.plym":j9mu38yq said:
I think you are allowed an emergency loan for goalkeeping injuries even if the windows shut .

Honestly wouldn't want one if Coops is fit. More than comfortable with him and thought that even when he was still a first year apprentice.(He was the only one in his year I would have said that of last season and he is still only one of three in his year I would say at this stage.)

Well done Mike, I hope you get a mini run out of it mate. Great player, great attitude and a really nice guy has to be the long term future of the club.

G

greengiant1886

I've never seen such a young keeper on his debut actually be so commanding of his box! He caught quite a few tough crosses and made that one brilliant reflex save, he should be delighted with how it went.

Jan 29, 2010
Well done Michael not a bad place to make an unexpected debut. Good to see the strength in depth in the keeping position. Injuries, One way to get the younger lads into the team and highlight the good work the club has put into bringing up the standards of the youth set up

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Even though I've watched him in the warm ups at recent games and thought he looked quite handy I was still concerned when he came on tonight. Needn't have worried. The boy did well. Congratulations on a great debut Michael.

PutneyPete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ PASALB Member
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
Jun 23, 2005
London (Putney)
d2aae244-8ed9-469e-8e48-5d3aa99ea021

https://www.pafc.co.uk/teams/u18-team/g ... el-Cooper/

Michael is a young goalkeeper from Exeter who has progressed through our Exeter Centre of Excellence before joining the Academy as an eleven year old in 2009

Michael started his playing career with his local team the West Hill Wasps U11s. He attended St Peter’s School in Lympstone prior to joining Plymouth College. Michael was a young member of the 2013-14 season's successful Milk Cup squad reaching the semi-finals against the Corinthians; starting in all the fixtures. He made his under 18’s debut aged just 15 playing in three fixtures. Michael started in 10 fixtures during the successful South West Youth Alliance campaign and Merit League 1 fixtures of 2015-16.

Last season he was invited to an England goalkeeping training camp and also had great deal of exposure to first team training with goalkeeping coach Rhys Wilmot. Michael has given some very dominant performances in Youth Alliance/Merit League and Peninsula fixtures gaining a well balanced amount of game time exposing him to both youth and men’s football.

Mar 8, 2016
hope the lad starts on Saturday if Luke and letheren are still out. Sod the loan let's give one of our own a chance.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Army green":h8mcj97k said:
hope the lad starts on Saturday if Luke and letheren are still out. Sod the loan let's give one of our own a chance.
Even if Cooper starts we'll still need a loan as cover for him.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Why not show some faith in the lad? If he's good enough he's old enough. Sounds like he did well tonight so is it really any more risky than taking a loan keeper as a panic measure - completely unknown to the other players. Get a loan in to cover him if he gets injured or if he shows he's not ready - but he's got the shirt now so let him keep it. Super Michael Cooper!