RIP Bill Richards | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

RIP Bill Richards

Feb 12, 2017
Not sure if anyone here knew him but I just got the awful news that former Chief Football Writer at the Herald, but a great friend to me and many others, passed away late on Sunday evening after a short illnsess.

Thoughts of course with his family. Bill worked with me at RM and we built our friendship there. He gave me strong counsel when I became Chair of the Trust.

News like this puts everything in perspective, at least for me.

A gentleman and a scholar..and one of the few people I knew who were as tall as me and a spirit to match!

RIP dear boy!

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Helped Luggy with his autobiography I recall. RIP Bill.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Sad news. He was a very good journalist. RIP.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Just heard that on the Argyle Chat podcast.

I had absolutely no idea he was ill, that's a real sickener. A lovely, lovely guy and a huge figure of Plymouth sport. I believe he won a special award at the Herald Sports Awards a few years ago and was very close to the Daley family.

Despite being from Plymouth, I think he was a Derby County fan?

RIP King Billy.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Sad and shocked at this news. I only got to know him over the past 8 or 9 years but he was a great help to my research. A very good journalist but more importantly, a very good man. RIP and condolences to his family.

Feb 12, 2017
Biggs":12tkm2r7 said:
Just heard that on the Argyle Chat podcast.

I had absolutely no idea he was ill, that's a real sickener. A lovely, lovely guy and a huge figure of Plymouth sport. I believe he won a special award at the Herald Sports Awards a few years ago and was very close to the Daley family.

Despite being from Plymouth, I think he was a Derby County fan?

RIP King Billy.

He was indeed a Rams fan. Only fitting that the day of his passing saw Derby beat Forest!