51 Points? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

51 Points?

Jan 31, 2006
In order to achieve over 50 points, which over the past 20 years has been enough to avoid relegation, we have to win more games than we lose from now on. Or about 4 points from every 3 games. Keep the faith - ‘Gyles can do it ...... errr, can’t they?

Jan 27, 2012
I hate to say this, but I just don't think the team are good enough for this league. Hope I am wrong about this but I just dont see the quality there. We have Carey plus a bunch of mid table League Two players.

Tell me I'm wrong please !!

Apr 5, 2008
so first 13 games we got 6 points.And next 13 we have to get about 17 points..

Can we do that? :think:

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i think we can achieve this target particularly with the signing of toumani.when ryan and oscar return we will have a much stronger and able side and toumani will galvanise the other midfielders in my opinion.we will get a draw at blackburn and win next saturday.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Steve Evans":12anfg7c said:
i think we can achieve this target particularly with the signing of toumani.when ryan and oscar return we will have a much stronger and able side and toumani will galvanise the other midfielders in my opinion.we will get a draw at blackburn and win next saturday.

By the time Ryan returns we'll need to win every game.

Aug 13, 2006
Cornwall
I was encouraged by our performance on Saturday, we look more solid and had some good approach play. But scoring goals is the worry.

Sep 15, 2010
Plympton
I too was encouraged by Saturday's efforts.....Shrewsbury were a competent side but IMHO we could/should have beaten them had we not sat back and tried to defend one goal. It was not beyond the team to get a second but sitting back in your own last third of the pitch is frightening to say the least. :?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
50 points is the minimum required because in the last five seasons 51 and 52 points were also needed to avoid relegation.

We need an average of 1.33 points per game from the 33 games that are left, which over a full season of 46 games would equate to 61 points.
That amount over the last five seasons has seen teams finish between 9th and 13th place.

So basically we have to hit mid-table form or slightly better than mid-table form from now on just to reach 50 points.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
PL2 3DQ":1wvtpqsu said:
50 points is the minimum required because in the last five seasons 51 and 52 points were also needed to avoid relegation.

We need an average of 1.33 points per game from the 33 games that are left, which over a full season of 46 games would equate to 61 points.
That amount over the last five seasons has seen teams finish between 9th and 13th place.

So basically we have to hit mid-table form or slightly better than mid-table form from now on just to reach 50 points.
I was just about to post exactly the same bit of arithmetic. Mid table form required for the remaining three quarters of the season. If we can play consistently anything like we did on Saturday (against the unbeaten league leaders) and the players continue to show that togetherness and fans get behind them like that (for those that weren’t there the team received a warm ovation at the end) - then of course we can do it. Sure, it’s not a place any of us would want to be starting from and it leaves little room for errors or further misfortune but that has to be a target within reach of our current squad – and hopefully that can and will be strengthened.

Aug 16, 2005
Somerset
PL2 3DQ":ctc15u38 said:

And being optimistic, most of us thought (hoped for) mid table this season so in theory do-able. Keep the faith.

Oct 31, 2015
No chance the damage is already done im afraid. Come Feb we will be building a team for lg 2.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
The question is how long can Adams go on for before it’s too late? Surely we hit a point of no return with regards to making a change that’ll give the next man enough time to realistically do something barring a miracle.

For me we’re at the pivotal moment where if we go on too much longer the damage will be irreversible.

Improvement on Saturday was encouraging and the next match holds the key for me in the Adams managerial conundrum

May 30, 2008
Camberley, Surrey
No chance

Quality is not there

Its very rare for a team on this sort of run to go from awful to decent overnight

Time is against us and we haven't got time anymore. We are being cut adrift and even with players coming back it will take them games to find fitness

Writing is on the wall, and even with funds in January (which we all know what happen) it will take a monumental turn to keep us up