Blissett/Jervis | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Blissett/Jervis

Mar 23, 2008
Think they look good as a pair when they play together, offering height and pace. Went from one extreme to another, as whilst Fletcher is a promising player it was unfair/madness to play him up on his own and their defenders were so comfortable. Contrast that with Blissett and Jervis who looked threatening together and suddenly their centre half's were getting pulled about, missing headers and looked in a game. Surely put best chance of a goal or two and to get us playing further up the pitch?

Mar 10, 2007
Agreed. Fletcher cannot play up front on his own. Blissett and Jervis look decent together, bit of power and pace.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
To be honest I haven't seen anyone in our current squad other than Taylor who can play the solo role. Blissett has no control, Fletcher and Ciftci lack height and Jervis lacks heart (or maybe belief).

In terms of what he did Fletch played the role the best and it was when he went off and we had no-one harassing their back 4 that we struggled. If Adams persists with 1 (and let's face it he isn't going to change), Fletch is a good choice until we can bring someone else in or get Taylor back.

Mar 23, 2008
Think it was madness to play Fletcher on his own, felt for him as he was battered by their centre half's. With one up front it has to be Blissett as he is at least a nuisance/distraction but needs to hold the ball whereas he wants to flick it on, hence why the two works better.

Mar 18, 2006
I just wish people would stop calling him Jarvis !
He’s Been here 3 years and people still get his name wrong .
Bigger issues to deal with, but it drives me mad .

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Agree with OP. Blissett/Jervis are a real threat together. Height, power and pace to frighten defenders. Throw a couple of wingers in there for fun and who knows we might score a few more goals, god forbid.

We need to be less slow and predictable so going direct with pace more often needs to be done from the start and not 10 minutes from the end when we are losing. I thought DA should have done this move rather than bring Bradley on at the time. Give the opposition something to think of rather than try and shut up shop with 25 mins to go

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Jervis & Blissett played the second half together away at Southend and in my opinion that was the best half of our season, they were a menace for the Southend defenders & we probably should have won. We played 442 with Ainsworth on the right, Songo'o and Sarcevic in the middle and Carey on the left, Blissett & Jake up top.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Sarcevic seems low on confidence and just going through the motions.

Johndelve":2tg1srf6 said:
I just wish people would stop calling him Jarvis !
He’s Been here 3 years and people still get his name wrong .
Bigger issues to deal with, but it drives me mad .

Not thread related but FIFA18 refers to him as Jarvis as well! I’ve emailed ea but they’ve not replied. Drives me nuts

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Tugboat":13dhucu9 said:
Sarcevic seems low on confidence and just going through the motions.

He seems to bottle it infront of goal each time, but plays reasonably well otherwise. Hopefully he's not out for long.

E

Electronic

Cobi Budge":2xctxl3i said:
Jervis & Blissett played the second half together away at Southend and in my opinion that was the best half of our season, they were a menace for the Southend defenders & we probably should have won. We played 442 with Ainsworth on the right, Songo'o and Sarcevic in the middle and Carey on the left, Blissett & Jake up top.

Agree with that. We were a real handful for that 45 mins. I think Blissett could be a really good player if he added a touch of nastiness to his game.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Blissett needs to add more of a Jamille Matt sort of streak to his game, be a bit more aggressive and bully defenders a bit more, then he'll be a dangerous player.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Cobi Budge":28rj8tbi said:
Blissett needs to add more of a Jamille Matt sort of streak to his game, be a bit more aggressive and bully defenders a bit more, then he'll be a dangerous player.

Part of the problem (for me) on Saturday was that Fletcher snapped at the heels of their defence all day, in their faces the whole time.
Blissett and Jervis are bigger and (probably) 'better' at the moment but they didn't harry the defence so much. Concentrated on their postion and possession. Right when we didn't want it, we had two men up, not tracking back! :facepalm:

Feb 2, 2007
Jervis spent most of the time on the ground, he is not a centre forward but I really rate him as a defensive right sided midfielder.

Blissett should have come in when Jake did.