Someone is in LaLa land (Adams/Errington comments) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Someone is in LaLa land (Adams/Errington comments)

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
CE: "Were you negative today?"
DA: "When your team outplays the opposition I'm not sure how you could come away with that comment"

DA asked about Bradley sub: "They went 2 up front having played 4-5-1. It was to give us extra protection. It did that.

DA: We were the better team; we had more chances - did we create more chances than Shrewsbury?

Possession
Home 46% Away 54%

Shots
Home 7 Away 11

Shots on Target
Home 4 Away 5

Corners
Home 6 Away 9

Fouls
Home 12 Away 13

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Bringing Bradley on took our foot off the gas, allowed them to build up play and attack with us dropping deeper and deeper.

That was negitive and weak management.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
I wasn't at the game so don't know how dominant we were at the time of the sub, (it sounds like we were battering them judging by the comments on here.) but if we had been going on the attack and been caught on the break Adams would be slaughtered for not shutting up shop would he not?

Who'd be a football manager???

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Daz":36yuppy9 said:
I wasn't at the game so don't know how dominant we were at the time of the sub, (it sounds like we were battering them judging by the comments on here.) but if we had been going on the attack and been caught on the break Adams would be slaughtered for not shutting up shop would he not?

I’m not so sure he would have been. To get out of the poo we need bold decisions and I personally would have wanted to have gone for a second at least until we were into the last 5.

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
Daz":32se9ae5 said:

We were relatively comfortable when Bradley came on.

No need to go gung-ho and all out attack but the players were doing a good job. Perhaps Blissett for Fletcher might have been wise.

To bring Bradley on was negative and totally unnecessary. He should have had confidence in the players who had done well so far.

Derek Adams is incredibly negative. Our already poor league position is even more precarious thanks to his poor decision making!

So frustrating...

Dec 2, 2010
Other than Northampton and us, all the bottom teams won.

We now need to make up 2 games in effect on those just hovering around relegation, which is a big ask. The scale of the task is to start to close that gap, we need nothing less than 6 points from the next 3 games - double what we've got in 13. Tall order.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Probably was a fair result but could have been so different if DA wasn’t so negative :furious:

Dec 22, 2015
Playing 5 at the back with 20 minutes to go was absolutely ridiculous particularly when the home fans are at the loudest we have been since Charlton! Sitting with 5 at the back gives us NO outlets and what made that decision worse was he made another sub to bring 2 up top and going 532! Since when has anyone played 532? What is that defensive or offensive? Why didn’t he haul Sonny back off and reverted back to the 4131 that was working! The only chances he needed to make today were Fletcher when he ran out of steam and maybe Toumo when the same happened to him then maybe move Sonny into the back 4 and move Songo into the CDM role!

Simply Adams has cost us 2 points today and his after match comments are crazy talk!

I’m absolutely fuming beyond belief at his tactical retardation and on another point what on earth are Wotton and Brewster saying to him?? Yeah boss great idea going 541!!!! Bloody idiots the lot of them. I said at the beginning of the season we needed a new fresh set of eyes in the dugout not a new manager but another coach to give a new perspective on the game and training.

Adams today you were a bloody idiot!

Jun 2, 2016
After we scored the goal, we had the impetus, the crowd was pumped up and the line-up was looking secure. If we had replaced Fltcher with Blissett, he could have occupied their defence, rather than shifting an ineffective Jervis who is no threat in the middle on his own. As it was, with 20 minutes plus to play, we conceded possession, and tried to hang on. It seemed inevitable that they would score. We need 3 points and these very negative tactics have cost us 2 points that could be vital at the end of the season

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Knew we'd concede as soon as we sat 11 men inside our own penalty area, 30 minutes to hold on to a 1 goal lead against the division leaders? You're having a laugh Derek.

If he hadn't brought on Blissett at the end we would have conceded again I am sure of it, we had no out ball. A good point but a wasted opportunity at a much needed 3 points and a let down to the players who worked incredibly hard all game.

Much improved but could have been so much more.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
He kills any momentum or drive.

Irritating