Who Would You Have To Replace Derek Adams? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Who Would You Have To Replace Derek Adams?

Aug 5, 2012
Gravesend - Kent
I rarely post on here but as an Argyle fan for over forty years I feel I have to comment on our club's present predicament. As an exile (Gravesend since you ask) my opinion's are mainly formed by what regular long-term posters on here are saying plus of course the rare sightings of Argyle on the TV etc but what is glaringly obvious, even from this distance, is that there has to be something fundamentally wrong at the club, something that wasn't there six months ago.

In Derek Adams we have a manager who is proving,thus far, to be tactically inflexible . I don't think he'll ever change and this negativity will end up costing him his job. His transfer dealings have been bizarre to say the least and I think too much emphasis was placed on getting Carey to re-sign in the summer when he should have freed up what Carey has cost to sign a proven League 1 striker (easier said than done I know). And there would probably have been change to get a decent right back!

So if/when Adams is given his P45 then who would you have as his successor? Who is available at this time of year? Who would want to come? Who could motivate this present squad of players to genuinely 'punch above their weight'?

I've wracked my brain and I can't come up with anyone viable with whom the majority would back. I keep seeing the hideous spectre of Steve Evans wrapped in a green and white scarf and the thought of that makes me shudder.

I don't think Wotton is the answer - for all we know he could be part of the problem. Old icons rarely return to make the transition into a present day hero.

Adams is still in the job but surely his race is almost run. This is only speculation I know but who replaces him - and therein lies the problem.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Nigel Adkins

C

Cult Of Personality

Gary Johnson Paul Tisdale Graham Coughlan would be my choices

C

Charles Plym

Cocko or adkins perfect fit . If cocko id have sturrock as director of football too .

Jan 27, 2012
I'm not amongst those calling for Adams to be sacked.

In the event of that happening, the club could do worse than appoint Sturrock on a caretaker basis to steady the ship. The board could then take their time in finding the right manager for the job.

Not Wotton.

C

Charles Plym

gaspargomez":16le0c7q said:
I'm not amongst those calling for Adams to be sacked.

In the event of that happening, the club could do worse than appoint Sturrock on a caretaker basis to steady the ship. The board could then take their time in finding the right manager for the job.

Not Wotton.
Agreed