You hooooo

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one

I hope some day we can win a game
And the fan base will be as one

Feb 2, 2007
Emu":2nxih38l said:
Beat me to it! :funny:

Couldn't resist although my daughter was talking at me and son was pressing a fireman Sam toy over and over I just managed it!

#GreatParenting

Aug 5, 2016
up_the_line":14ya8id7 said:
Stockley and Reid up front.

Imagine....only having the budget to afford Blissett, Fletcher and a freebie loan.

Remember Reuben left because we made him a derisory wage offer.

Apr 15, 2008
London
Knibbsworth":2eo5vzmj said:
up_the_line":2eo5vzmj said:

Imagine....only having the budget to afford Blissett, Fletcher and a freebie loan.

Remember Reuben left because we made him a derisory wage offer.

I imagine he's not free and we're paying at least part of his wages.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
clokey84":1vugrrhj said:
up_the_line":1vugrrhj said:
No thank you. Not in this league, League 3 maybe.

A goalscorer is a goalscorer. Presumably you think that Blissett and Ciftci are superior strikers?
It looks likely they'll playing a division above us next season so we'll have to see if they can muster more than the one goal our combined strike force has managed so far... It'll be tough I'm sure
I suppose they do also have the unfair advantage of playing under a manager who favours attacking football, chances being created etc

Jan 7, 2013
up_the_line":1yqsrjtd said:
clokey84":1yqsrjtd said:
up_the_line":1yqsrjtd said:

A goalscorer is a goalscorer. Presumably you think that Blissett and Ciftci are superior strikers?
It looks likely they'll playing a division above us next season so we'll have to see if they can muster more than the one goal our combined strike force has managed so far... It'll be tough I'm sure
I suppose they do also have the unfair advantage of playing under a manager who favours attacking football, chances being created etc
No you just need to get over your lovin for Reid he was offered a weakened contract and rightly so had so many offers on the table apparently yeah right that's why he's now at that joke club up the road! Still getting subbed around the 70 min mark in many games too and on the bench in their playoff run in last season.. but yeah he'll bang in 20 plus in the league above.
As for a goalscorer being a goalscorer remember that fireman we had?!

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
clokey84":cxskelb0 said:
up_the_line":cxskelb0 said:
clokey84":cxskelb0 said:
up_the_line":cxskelb0 said:

No you just need to get over your lovin for Reid he was offered a weakened contract and rightly so had so many offers on the table apparently yeah right that's why he's now at that joke club up the road! Still getting subbed around the 70 min mark in many games too and on the bench in their playoff run in last season.. but yeah he'll bang in 20 plus in the league above.
As for a goalscorer being a goalscorer remember that fireman we had?!

He might not bag 20 in our league, but 5 would seem like a hatful compared with the alternatives we have.
Stockley was mooted on here and seemed to make sense, Scottish connections etc. Instead we loan a player who is almost immediately out of favour in place of our 15k extravagant signing from Torquay.
Meanwhile, instead of focusing his transfer activity where it was needed Adams has a collection of players who don't get a look in and already seem out of favour. A really catastrophic set of transfer dealings.
That joke club will be above us next season again BTW, and this time not because of any crippling financial situation at home park, but because they have a bright team with a mixture of youth and old heads and a manager who develops young players season after season, turns them into financial assets in the face of miserly attendences, and wins with something approaching actual football.
They seem to be really missing Joel Grant mind you...
Reid has always been a player who needed an arm round him, bigging him up, giving him a bit of love. Can you ever see Adams man managing players in that way to get the best out of them?

Jan 7, 2013
This says it all really.. Exeter are in the same position we ended the season in that league yet our manager is utter tosh and theirs is legendary. Hmmmmm....

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
clokey84":1blg2kpb said:
This says it all really.. Exeter are in the same position we ended the season in that league yet our manager is utter tosh and theirs is legendary. Hmmmmm....

We'll see how it pans out.
It is of course possible that Exeter will bottle it in the same way we have previously. Of course they may suddenly start kicking, butting and punching lumps out of the opposition. They may not go up at all, but if they do I think they'll be more equipped to stay up than we are.
Also I imagine their chino fans will be enjoying the rampant scoring spree more than our turgid grinding down of the opposition last season.
It pains me to say it because we should be light years ahead of them and if we swapped managers tomorrow I wouldn't be at all unhappy.

Mar 23, 2008
Imagine, those posters out in force at present and revelling in our poor form posting as frequently when things are going well.