When was the last time Argyle played that badly? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

When was the last time Argyle played that badly?

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
The feeling I had watching yesterday's game was exactly how I felt back in 94/95 watching Brentford 7 Argyle 0 (We'd already lost 5-1 at home to them) and seeing a 16 year old Sam Shilton come on when we were 5 or 6 down, he looked like he should be playing for my school team. I remember being on the terraces that day thinking it is going to be a long time until I see my team play well again, I got a similar feeling yesterday. I hope I am wrong, and know we have Carey back, and if confidence comes back we can be competitive etc..but still yesterday was so depressing.

I was so optimistic at the start of this season, what the hell has happened?

I was trying to recall the same thing, and I think it was our defeat at Torquay which took us to the bottom of league 2 during that terrible year. Funnily enough I was so convinced of our likely relegation (as I'm afraid I am now) that on the journey home my son and I discussed which non- league grounds we might visit the following year. So, could we achieve the same improvement? Be nice to think so.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
The week before and the week before that.

Started the season optimistic and despite the early results not all going our way I at least thought we were competitive and in the games creating chances.
Recently we have looked clueless and not even had any decent chances. Seems morale and confidence has completely gone not helped by DA's team selections and formations which are now coming thick and fast out of desperation.

Think he has lost the plot as well as the dressing room for it to be this bad and with no sign of improvement.

Aug 5, 2015
I remember going to Gillingham in the Reid era when the concensus was that if we lost by less than 4-0 that would be a good result. We lost 4-0. I also remember many moons ago we lost 4-0 at home to Southport. That was pretty dire. You just have to hope that one day things will get better. Eventually they do.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Certainly at times yesterday I feared we’d see a far worse scoreline.

We look an awful long way away from a win, but I thought that at Reading and Carlisle away last season.

Jan 3, 2013
Kentishgreen":3tu7gag2 said:
I remember going to Gillingham in the Reid era when the concensus was that if we lost by less than 4-0 that would be a good result. We lost 4-0. I also remember many moons ago we lost 4-0 at home to Southport. That was pretty dire. You just have to hope that one day things will get better. Eventually they do.

1968......terry Harkin was magnificent that day . Remember them interpassing INSIDE the box

Sep 6, 2006
Thing is we were awful at times last year. I remember us being outplayed by a terrible Crawley side though we somehow managed to win!

StroudGreen

♣️ PASTA Member
Dec 27, 2010
Stroud
I would never have believed we could ever end up with a back 4 consisting of Ainsworth, Edwards, Sawyer and Wylde like we did yesterday! Reflects not well on make up of the current squad and the lack of options in it......Chaotic comparisons to the end of the Shilton era you fear.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
We genuinely played better in 10/11 under Fletcher sometimes than we did yesterday.