Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Who else finds that they start doing something enjoyable following an Argyle defeat, then something reminds you of it and you're down in the dumps again?

The thing I was looking forward to this season was being able to relax. If we lost, no big deal because we wouldn't be under pressure to avoid relegation or get promoted, as with previous seasons.

That's gone right out of the window, and I bleddy hate it, borderline resent Argyle for making me feel carp every week.

It really isn't easy being green.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yep, miserable as sin and as teasy as hell. I hate Argyle sometimes.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
I love Argyle, but I'd never let the result of a football match ruin a whole weekend for me. Just not worth it.

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
My Mrs accompanied me for the first time this season and even at half time commented on how it was no wonder I was coming home as miserable as sin...

Jan 27, 2012
If Argyle were doing well they would get crowds in the range 8,000-10,000 with the extra fans not being season ticket holders and therefore paying full price.

If Argyle continue to struggle as they are now I can see gates potentially dropping as low as 5,000 with plenty of those being season ticket holders.

Football is part of the entertainment business. If Argyle serve up poor entertainment each week then people wont want to pay to see them. Brent needs to invest in the product on the pitch in order to make the business sustainable. I'm not suggesting bankrupting the club, but pushing the boat out a little to sign few higher quality players would potentially pay for itself if it led to higher attendances each week.

I'd don't want to pay the best part of £25 quid to watch a bunch of League Two standard players play hoof-ball in an attempt to scrape survival in the 3rd tier of professional football. It just doesn't interest me.

Feb 17, 2017
Took my misses to every game so far and every week I tell her it’ll get better and we’ve just been promoted, not sure how Tuesday night is gonna pan out now!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I think it's a bipolar 60-90 minutes

Get mega excited, build up the optimism and we kick off.

Not long after we see how's it likely to go and shortly after every thing falls out of its own arse.

We concede, lose any gameplan that we started with and lay down like a wounded animal being picked off by vultures.

Red mist then sets in because no one can explain the demise or come up with a solution to the problem.

Week in week out.

Jan 3, 2013
Tugboat":2cg2vvyv said:
I think it's a bipolar 60-90 minutes

Get mega excited, build up the optimism and we kick off.

Not long after we see how's it likely to go and shortly after every thing falls out of its own arse.

We concede, lose any gameplan that we started with and lay down like a wounded animal being picked off by vultures.

Red mist then sets in because no one can explain the demise or come up with a solution to the problem.

Week in week out.

This

Apr 15, 2008
London
Nobby":25ohgppr said:
I love Argyle, but I'd never let the result of a football match ruin a whole weekend for me. Just not worth it.

Nah, me neither; not worth it - at this rate I wouldn't enjoy a weekend again for six and a half months

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yep, that hit me like a train today.

Then I get ‘Stop being a misery because your team lost yesterday’.

Oct 14, 2015
Use to ruin my weekend if we lost but when something considerably more important happens in your life (losing someone very close to you) it really doesn't seem that important........whilst Argyle are a significant part of my life my family is much more important.....

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Always good to have perspective.

mtXVfaF.jpg

Sep 23, 2005
So difficult to snap out of being a miserable old git after a match like that. Keep telling yourself it doesn't matter a jot in the greater scheme of things but the memories of the match keep floating through your head. I tell the missus it's all part of being a committed supporter but she will never understand why we put ourselves through it. "Why don't you just go up the road and watch Exeter City, apparently they are doing quite well?" Grrrr