Herald & Pasoti | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Herald & Pasoti

B

BallboyEGS1958

HERALD and PASOTI

Thanks to the joint efforts of the Herald, PASOTI against the AFT and recent performances on the field you have managed between you to upset quiet a few Argyle supporters who I spoke to on Saturday.
From what I can gather the people who have publicly decided to leave the AFT, are going to be more then replaced with new members who are none to happy with what is going on in general.
They were non enamoured with the attacks on a body that was set up for the well being of the club and the way things are going at the club at present.
The Trust looks that it might well be the centre to rally the fans yet again.
So as a ordinary Trust member ā€œnot on the boardā€ I would like to thank PASOTI and the HERALD for your considerable help in putting the Trust in the lime light.

AFT ā€œ753ā€ Michael E Perry

Argyle fans support your Trust they are there to maintain the clubs wellbeing, contrary to what other people are trying to state.

Jan 20, 2005
Plymouth, Devon
And yet the AFT chairman writes a letter claiming it represents the views of Argyle fans, objecting to the development, when their members haven't even been balloted?

Sorry, doesn't represent me.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
The Argyle chairman doesn't represent me as a fan either. He never asked me if I was okay with him selling club land to himself for his own personal gain.

May 8, 2011
BallboyEGS1958":35ol4uox said:
HERALD and PASOTI

Thanks to the joint efforts of the Herald, PASOTI against the AFT and recent performances on the field you have managed between you to upset quiet a few Argyle supporters who I spoke to on Saturday.
From what I can gather the people who have publicly decided to leave the AFT, are going to be more then replaced with new members who are none to happy with what is going on in general.
They were non enamoured with the attacks on a body that was set up for the well being of the club and the way things are going at the club at present.
So as a ordinary Trust member ā€œnot on the boardā€ I would like to thank PASOTI and the HERALD for your considerable help in putting the Trust in the lime light.

Argyle fans support your Trust they are there to maintain the clubs wellbeing, contrary to what other people are trying to state.

From my small sample of Argyle fans I spoke to before the game, during the game and in the pub afterwards, not one person mentioned the AFT or the planning application.

Jul 29, 2010
The Labour Party under Corbyn is called the same name as the Labour Party under Blair.

The AFT might well totally change it's politics in a similar shift from one entity to another whilst retaining the same name.

But in another parallel with left of centre politics it'll feel rejuvenated and passionate as like minded professional protestors whip each other up with revolutionary fervour ... that will ultimately lead to the achievement of nothing as the majority of the population (in AFT's case the fanbase) won't buy into a bunch of beardy fistwavers being credible.

Another parallel - the reduction of democracy with proclamations from the top claiming to speak for the whole...without ever having listened to or consulted the whole.

I saw this coming with the first hissy fit with Argyle and cancelled my membership last year, not for me that sort of protest party politics. As a pragmatist I prefer meaningful achievement over rabble rousing, and you achieve nothing without dialogue and civility.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
How can PASOTI be against the AFT? Stop talking rowlocks.

Posters on PASOTI vary, you're living proof of that, so why talk in that way?

As for who you spoke to on Saturday, come on then, who did you speak to? I can guess.

Rallying?? - Why don't they open themselves to transparency?

How many members have they? How many people sent in objections?

Well done though, you've used PASOTI for what it's good at.

Most of the people I talked too, were crapping themselves as to how poor we started the season.

Lundan Cabbie

āšŖļø Pasoti Visitor āšŖļø
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
SwimWithTheTide":3cpk3lwj said:
The Argyle chairman doesn't represent me as a fan either. He never asked me if I was okay with him selling club land to himself for his own personal gain.

You have spun that somewhat. I don't recall him buying any land that the club owned let alone have to ask you if it was okay.

May 8, 2011
SwimWithTheTide":516h32hd said:

A previous Chairman never asked you if it was OK for the Club to buy it from the Council, looks like getting Supporters to vote on major issues isn't what Company Chairmen do.

Feb 8, 2005
SwimWithTheTide":2ltyjjx8 said:

I have to state yet again that he DID NOT SELL CLUB LAND TO HIMSELF.

He bought the Club when it went bust, to stop it from going into liquidation.

He then purchased the ground from the Council for the Club.

The car park is his to do with as he likes.

He is doing so.

May 16, 2016
BallboyEGS1958":20gxyxuz said:
HERALD and PASOTI

AKA Another sorry chapter in the book of two warring websites rallying thei individual troops to get one over each other.

Politics of envy, grudge and revenge being played by the 'unfriend' generation.

Aug 5, 2005
BallboyEGS1958":20t4ln17 said:
HERALD and PASOTI

HALLELUJAH! The AFT have asked the opinion of fans. Will you be publishing the results of your survey, or are you being true to the AFT ethos of saying things with no evidence at all?

Now let's get to the "you have managed to upset quite a few people", and blaming Pasoti and the Herald

AFT is rife with paranoia, as shown when the Chairman wouldn't give me facts because he didn't know who I was, and another "proud member" accused me of being a cover for someone else. Now you seem to think that EVERYONE on Pasoti and The Herald have got together in some room somewhere (it would have to be a huge room, much bigger that the one used for the AFT AGM) and decided what to do.

You seem completely unable to understand that someone can think independently.

I have no affiliation with Pasoti at all. Nobody here knows me or has ever met me. I certainly don't work for the Herald. I am happy to tell everyone that the AFT are not fit for purpose on any media...internet, newspapers, magazines, television. Are you going to blame those media too?

Blaming everyone else for your organisation's failings is the height of immaturity and paranoia. It's like someone not being able to get a date to the school disco and blaming everyone for telling the girls he is ugly, when he actually IS ugly.

And good luck to the new people wanting to join AFT. What is the current lag for processing new members? Months isn't it?

jespafc

āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
SwimWithTheTide":30ez4ln7 said:

And saving the club while he was at it.

Typical Argyle short memories.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The OP once said that if you donā€™t believe in the AFT youā€™re not a fan. Says it all.

Iā€™m not a fan then.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
It's unsurprising that you wouldn't want fans represented in the form of a trust. You're pally with the chairman and are happy to give him free reign to do what he likes, good for you. That trust of James Brent doesn't extend to all of the Green Army though, most prefer to support Argyle rather than Akkeron. I think the chap has taken us as far as he can or wants to/willing to.