Have Faith! Its September. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Have Faith! Its September.

Stevie Wotsa

✅ Evergreen
Nov 4, 2012
Devonport
Not saying we will but wouldn't it be just ( typical argyle ) if we went away to wigan on tuesday and grabbed a win.

Yes we can all admit our start to the season hasn't been a pleasant experience for all of us and everyone at the club.
But we must try and remain positive and try to support the lads and management as negative breeds,

A positive mental attitude is needed! it is only september.

We need to try and leave the politics behind and come together in times of need after all that is what support is all about, and everyone needs a bit of support at the moment.

Calling for adams is a massive mistake it is still only his first season at this level and trust me i have every faith that he will turn it around. The players are frustrated hence the cards.

I think we have all been fooled thinking that league 1 and 2 are familiar leagues and perhaps we all expected to do very well so perhaps expectation levels have been hit with a bump.

Our expectations as fans is to steady the ship to mid table safety and im sure this will be achieved this really must of been the case from the start. We got far too used to winning!

Derek Adams isn't a miracle worker but will try and work hard to try and solve the problems we are having on the pitch.

We still have january to write afew wrongs or try and bring in some players.

We all know and im sure the management knows that relegation will be a massive disappointment and must be avoided at all costs.

Besides that i feel too many teams are peaking far too early.

Let them all laugh at our expense its till only september.

But im sure we will have the last laugh :scarf:

Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen Armmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy!!

Apr 5, 2008
Not the way we are playing ,only six goals scored ,can never seem to dominate a team,not scored a single goal in the first half,too negative tactics,need I go on :facepalm:

Jul 12, 2016
Don't care what anybody else thinks ,we were not that good last season so why are so many supporters surprised? I have a lot of time for DA but think his weakness is that he is a meticulous planner who concentrates too much on the theoretical side.
He admits to analysing every aspect of the game but unfortunately this does not allow for players being sent off and injuries. Surely at the end of the day football is about putting the ball in the net at one end of the pitch and stopping it going in at the other end! I'm concerned that DA thinks because it works on paper it's got to work on the pitch.

Jul 29, 2010
Bristol Rich":2u9l6s3e said:
Knee jerk optimism is as bad as knee jerk sackings.
Erm, sorry? :shock:

How, without the aid of hallucinogenic substances, is it possible to make a sudden, random and uncontrolled lurch into optimism?

It may be pedantry but you can't get knee jerking optimism, you're either a naturally optimistic sort or you're not, it's just not a sudden and irrational onset affliction.

Anyways, moving on to the OP, how very dare he be positive :roll:

All is clearly not well at the moment (an early preview of the 10-15 game stock take there maybe? :lol:) but whilst it won't cure all in two games, getting away from Home Park is the very best place to be for any green shoots of recovery to emerge.

In our position now Wigan and Gas will come at us which, like it or loathe it, suits Derek's stubborn formation.

Away from what is rapidly becoming the cauldron of fear again the crowd monkey will be off the team's shoulders too.

Let us see what happens eh, instead of just assuming guaranteed failure.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Steve Hiscott":3ude7fre said:
Not saying we will but wouldn't it be just ( typical argyle ) if we went away to wigan on tuesday and grabbed a win.

Yes we can all admit our start to the season hasn't been a pleasant experience for all of us and everyone at the club.
But we must try and remain positive and try to support the lads and management as negative breeds,

We need to try and leave the politics behind and come together in times of need after all that is what support is all about, and everyone needs a bit of support at the moment.

Calling for adams is a massive mistake it is still only his first season at this level and trust me i have every faith that he will turn it around. The players are frustrated hence the cards.

I think we have all been fooled thinking that league 1 and 2 are familiar leagues and perhaps we all expected to do very well so perhaps expectation levels have been hit with a bump.

Our expectations as fans is to steady the ship to mid table safety and im sure this will be achieved this really must of been the case from the start. We got far too used to winning!

Derek Adams isn't a miracle worker but will try and work hard to try and solve the problems we are having on the pitch.

We all know and im sure the management knows that relegation will be a massive disappointment and must be avoided at all costs.

You are GreenArmy 1984 and I claim my £5!

Stevie Wotsa

✅ Evergreen
Nov 4, 2012
Devonport
Emeraldinho":4rcv60m6 said:
Steve Hiscott":4rcv60m6 said:

You are GreenArmy 1984 and I claim my £5!

Not sure on what it is your referring to but I'm formally stellasteve09 mate but i just wanted to use my real name because i dont often post only when i feel its called for.

Seen a lot of negativity towards argyle which in all fairness is warranted god forbid i've had my moments at home park on social media twitter etc,

But on personal reflexion a negative way of thinking never really solves anything.

We have to keep the Faith and hope this bad spell ends which im sure it will sooner rather than later, this is when support really really matters.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
Why do many people interpret the raising of genuine concerns as being negative.

I'm sure we all want the best for Argyle but there are many different views as to how this can be achieved.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
X Isle":4jqmv508 said:
Bristol Rich":4jqmv508 said:

How, without the aid of hallucinogenic substances, is it possible to make a sudden, random and uncontrolled lurch into optimism?

It may be pedantry but you can't get knee jerking optimism, you're either a naturally optimistic sort or you're not, it's just not a sudden and irrational onset affliction.

All is clearly not well at the moment (an early preview of the 10-15 game stock take there maybe? :lol:) but whilst it won't cure all in two games, getting away from Home Park is the very best place to be for any green shoots of recovery to emerge.

In our position now Wigan and Gas will come at us which, like it or loathe it, suits Derek's stubborn formation.

Away from what is rapidly becoming the cauldron of fear again the crowd monkey will be off the team's shoulders too.

I was wondering when you would turn up and give everything a 'it's not that bad' costing of green paint

Jan 3, 2013
No shots, players in the wrong positions, stupid sending offs, dull boring defensive tactics.

Wake up everyone .......is it the Ross County scenario all over again?

Jul 29, 2010
Tugboat":1bu6qchg said:
X Isle":1bu6qchg said:
Bristol Rich":1bu6qchg said:

I was wondering when you would turn up and give everything a 'it's not that bad' costing of green paint
Well I guess that'll be you still waiting and wondering then.

After the pedantry, boiled down it just says it's NOT going well so it's a good job we're away for a couple of games.

I do wish sometimes folk would R the F'ing Q before answering with their lame old prejudices.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
I agree, it`s not the time for negativity, to that end I am "positive" that if we don`t change tactics/personnel, then we will not be here next season. Not an exact science but if you take this first fifth of the season and extend it to the end, we would amass a massive 25 points and 30 goals, even doubling our return would only be 45 points and 54 goals. A frightening scenario and I hope that Mr Adams and his not so merry men can turn things around, I am not in the Mr Adams out camp, yet.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
X Isle":28u3tfrt said:
Tugboat":28u3tfrt said:
X Isle":28u3tfrt said:
Bristol Rich":28u3tfrt said:

Well I guess that'll be you still waiting and wondering then.

After the pedantry, boiled down it just says it's NOT going well so it's a good job we're away for a couple of games.

I do wish sometimes folk would R the F'ing Q before answering with their lame old prejudices.

:lol:

Thanks

Stevie Wotsa

✅ Evergreen
Nov 4, 2012
Devonport
That bearing in mind i stand and i quote it is only september, Lets try not to look so far ahead in terms of doom and gloom not till we get to the point where we have seriously ran out of options!

Give it........ just a little more time.

And argyle will surely click.

:thumbs:

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
I suppose that, if we're looking for some sort of silver linings amongst all the doom and gloom, we should remind ourselves that our start this season is looking remarkably similar to that lot up the road's last year. Couldn't win at home for love nor money, calls for the manager's head, clueless tactics etc - didn't turn out bad for them come May though? Just saying. :think: