Antoni Sarcevic | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Antoni Sarcevic

Aug 15, 2015
Not good enough to command a central midfield role. Does not influence, command or dictate anything and fitness levels are poor. If you watch him during the game you'll notice that he often is just chasing shadows. The ball will be knocked about or in the air and he's chasing thin air. Does not get on the ball often because he can't keep up with the game. I want to like him but I can't. Sad reality. He isn't up to it.

I'd love for someone to explain how he contributes or influences a game from a central midfield position.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I actually think that Sarcevic is one of our most underrated players and he does look like he has the intelligence to play at this level. Excluding Carey our best midfield option.

G

greengiant1886

He's better than the others, Ness for me is the new Dommy Blizzard.

Apr 8, 2014
If you want to watch a commanding midfielder, who runs the game, doesn’t lose the ball, and scores a few goals. I can only advise you pay £35 more a ticket and head up the M5 to Manchester and find their lavish life style.

Aug 15, 2015
It's only my first game seeing Ness so cannot comment. However he did play in Scunthorpe's team last year whereas Sarcevic was released by struggling Shrewsbury.

Ness at least looks match fit and gets on the ball! Sarcevic doesn't do either, never mind anything else.

Feb 17, 2017
Completely wrong in my opinion, sarcevic was our best player today the only one who looked like a footballer, ness is woeful the name Lionel nessi is an absolute joke

May 22, 2006
Neilz5419":ax9hahht said:
Completely wrong in my opinion, sarcevic was our best player today the only one who looked like a footballer, ness is woeful the name Lionel nessi is an absolute joke
I think Nessie's a good name.

He has so little impact on the game there's a debate on whether he actually exists.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Our best player by a mile today. Opinions eh? :-D

Sep 6, 2006
I think he is Ok. Problem is NONE of our midfielders with exception of Carey cause problems in penalty box let alone score goals.

Aug 15, 2015
Balham_Green":2aacetl8 said:
I think he is Ok. Problem is NONE of our midfielders with exception of Carey cause problems in penalty box let alone score goals.

But is that not what Sarcevic should do? He showed glimpses right after signing with a couple of goals but has since disappeared. Ness and Fox are there to protect. Sarcevic is clearly more attacking minded.

But we don't see that from him. What is Sarcevic there for? I'm really confused as to what his purpose is or what he tries to achieve.

Feb 17, 2017
Ham Green":2bu4qn9p said:
Neilz5419":2bu4qn9p said:
I think Nessie's a good name.

He has so little impact on the game there's a debate on whether he actually exists.

This has made my night comment of the day

Mar 23, 2008
Unfortunately all our midfielders are very samey and one paced. We really need a snarling leader in there and have done for a long while.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
I have only seen the Charlton and Scunthorpe games, but I have to say our midfield looked slow, labored, predictable and fairly toothless.

Clearly it has been found out pretty early on in this league, so I'm not sure where the goals will come from as we lack creativity.