Ref v Doncaster | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ref v Doncaster

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Nick Kinseley will be the referee this Saturday, he was the ref at Home Park in September last season when we beat Cheltenham with a late goal.

The consensus on Pasoti at that time was that he was poor with the majority giving marks of 4/10.
September 2016

So far this season he's shown 26 yellow cards and 2 reds in just 6 games or 13 yellows and 2 reds in his last 2 games.

Sep 25, 2010
PL2 3DQ":1qy0inr5 said:
Nick Kinseley will be the referee this Saturday, he was the ref at Home Park in September last season when we beat Cheltenham with a late goal.

The consensus on Pasoti at that time was that he was poor with the majority giving marks of 4/10.
September 2016

So far this season he's shown 26 yellow cards and 2 reds in just 6 games or 13 yellows and 2 reds in his last 2 games.

Why do you feel the need to itemise the number of red and yellow cards the refs issue. It is totally irrelevant.

As it is down to the performance and attitude of the players in the previous games. Not the ref.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Not always true that statement is it Martyn.

How many times have we seen matches where a player makes a foul, not a bad foul, not dangerous, not malicious, just beaten a fraction by speed, its on the halfway line no immediate danger, everyone in the ground accepts its a foul, but the referee brandishes a very harsh yellow card. The rest of the game is then played knowing that almost every foul has the potential to be a yellow. The crowd and players demand yellows for things that really aren't but because they have witnessed a poor decision, it gets played on.

This particular referee in question i dont really remember , which is normally a good sign. I seem to remember the game as a very long drawn out frustrating afternoon (i dare say that may have impacted - wrongly - on the ref's mark) - my only recollection of the game (other than the late goal) was Garita coming on for the last 20-30 minutes and looking a real handful and leaving thinking we'd got ourselves a gem - how easily fooled can one person be!

Sep 25, 2010
Voice_of_Reason":1na0n91t said:

How many times have we seen matches where a player makes a foul, not a bad foul, not dangerous, not malicious, just beaten a fraction by speed, its on the halfway line no immediate danger, everyone in the ground accepts its a foul, but the referee brandishes a very harsh yellow card. The rest of the game is then played knowing that almost every foul has the potential to be a yellow. The crowd and players demand yellows for things that really aren't but because they have witnessed a poor decision, it gets played on.

This particular referee in question i dont really remember , which is normally a good sign. I seem to remember the game as a very long drawn out frustrating afternoon (i dare say that may have impacted - wrongly - on the ref's mark) - my only recollection of the game (other than the late goal) was Garita coming on for the last 20-30 minutes and looking a real handful and leaving thinking we'd got ourselves a gem - how easily fooled can one person be!

As a ref, the game should always be about the players. The ref is only there to enforce the laws of the game, but that is down to the players.

As a ref, at semi-pro level, you can go on a run of games, where you hardly have any cautions at all (down to the players), then you have a run of games where you have loads of cards (down to the players).

G

greengiant1886

Martyn":pcx1ndnn said:
Voice_of_Reason":pcx1ndnn said:

As a ref, the game should always be about the players. The ref is only there to enforce the laws of the game, but that is down to the players.

As a ref, at semi-pro level, you can go on a run of games, where you hardly have any cautions at all (down to the players), then you have a run of games where you have loads of cards (down to the players).
You are right but equally people are always going to have different refereeing styles, whether that might stamping authority on the game early (maybe giving a yellow card for a borderline decision) or letting the game get going first (maybe letting one or two go).

I'm not saying that one of these is better than the other, but because the laws of the game are down to interpretation some referees are always going to give out on average a couple more yellows every game.

Feb 18, 2016
Martyn":o4bnlpiv said:
Voice_of_Reason":o4bnlpiv said:

I can see your point to some extent but surely you'll agree that some refs are more trigger happy than others? It's human nature, we all react slightly differently to the same situations.

Apr 9, 2011
IMO Refs nowadays seem more prone to over react I know people who watch Prem games , live I might add not from their armchair! who say the standard of refereeing has fallen even for the " chosen few" in the top flight. Wonder if its just a general over reaction to the pressures of the modern game?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Martyn":39okmogu said:
PL2 3DQ":39okmogu said:

September 2016

Why do you feel the need to itemise the number of red and yellow cards the refs issue. It is totally irrelevant.

As it is down to the performance and attitude of the players in the previous games. Not the ref.

I know you regularly defend referees, even the poor ones, but the issue of two red cards and 26 yellows in just 6 games is factual and not irrelevant and worth pointing out before our game.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Yeah I blame him for us losing :facepalm:
Oh wait we haven't kicked off yet :doh:

Still blame him though, that was never a red :coat:

Sep 25, 2010
PL2 3DQ":2fwj3fpo said:
Martyn":2fwj3fpo said:
PL2 3DQ":2fwj3fpo said:

September 2016

I know you regularly defend referees, even the poor ones, but the issue of two red cards and 26 yellows in just 6 games is factual and not irrelevant and worth pointing out before our game.

Yes it is factual, but the ref is only acting on the performance and ill discipline of the players. I know people will not believe this, but refs would prefer not to issue cards, but actually referee a game, with regards to judging a tackle on its merits, and playing an advantage for example.

I mean why don't the records show how many advantages he plays ?, in he last 6 games, or who many tackles he got right.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The way I look at each game is the referees are usually abysmal in the bottom two leagues, if they beat that expectation that's a bonus for the game no matter what the result.

Last week at Bury, I was expecting him to be poor because of his card starts and he turned out really well (which Ian mentioned last Sunday).

Refs are like Goalies, they are 'allowed' far less errors than anyone else on the pitch, and usually if they do foul up (excuse the pun) it can change the game.

H

HPRJohn

Martyn":2z9wk0zo said:
PL2 3DQ":2z9wk0zo said:

September 2016

It is a discussion about a referee and some stats provided.... If Height, weight and average distance covered was considered to be a relevant stat, I'm sure they would be available and listed for discussion.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
To misquote the Bard:- methinks he doth protest too much.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Bermudian Green":21f99knv said:
justanotherfan":21f99knv said:
To misquote the Bard:- methinks he doth protest too much.

Which in itself is a yellow card offence. (But only enforced by some refs).

:clap: