Fortress Home Park - Was this real? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Fortress Home Park - Was this real?

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
My pal who I go to Argyle with, always mentions we need to get back to "Fortress Home Park".

I must say this is a bit of a whoosh for me, as I've only been a season ticket holder for 20 years, and I really can't remember us being so good at home. Even last year we huffed and puffed without inspiring more than a couple of times.

I'm sure someone will find a season where we deserved this claim, but personally I think we've been pretty poor at home for years.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
argobenz":1bvqzxsg said:
My pal who I go to Argyle with, always mentions we need to get back to "Fortress Home Park".

I must say this is a bit of a whoosh for me, as I've only been a season ticket holder for 20 years, and I really can't remember us being so good at home. Even last year we huffed and puffed without inspiring more than a couple of times.

I'm sure someone will find a season where we deserved this claim, but personally I think we've been pretty poor at home for years.
Since you've been a ST Holder we lost 1 game at home in 1999 - 2000 and 2003 - 2004.

GoS

Apr 5, 2016
I'd say losing 1 game at home all season In those specific seasons, deemed Home Park a fortress then. We defended well back then. Was the backbone to our success in my opinion

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
In all the years I have supported the team, generally Argyle has been a tough away day for many teams.
In more recent years this is not so. Part of the reason is modern tactics imo. We have ourselves become much more competitive away from home with last season being among the very best.
OVer the course of time though it goes up and down.

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
Keepitgreen":3fv9ilge said:
argobenz":3fv9ilge said:

Since you've been a ST Holder we lost 1 game at home in 1999 - 2000 and 2003 - 2004.

GoS

Obviously my memory is as bad as our current home form, as that certainly was impressive, just a shame it's so long ago.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Far simpler for me, we ar ARGYLE (good old Noddy) and we give some teams far, far too must respect. Attack, attack, attack.

:scarf:

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
Yes the season 1985/86 Under Dave Smith , 1995/96 we were excellent at Home under Neil Warnock & Also 1993/94 Under Peter Shilton was a great season at Home except the 1-3 play off defeat vs Burnley & 2001/02 Under Paul Sturrock

Showing my age now !

Those were the days :scarf:

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
I think we only lost 3 or 4 home games one season under Sheridan a few years back which was pretty decent when you consider away teams generally travel better these days.

Donny were concidered to have a fortress last season and they still ended up losing three at home.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
As with GA84, when I think of 'Fortress Home Park, I mainly think of the Dave Smith days. Not many teams came away with much in that era.