Derek stop insulting me | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Derek stop insulting me

Sep 17, 2017
is Derek trying to convince everyone who did not attend yesterday's game that all is OK, we just need to convert our chances. Well I was at Bury yesterday and having read our local rag 'the independent' apparently we should have been 3 or 4 up at half time.

Derek that's embarrassing, look I'm all for keeping a positive spin on things but please. If my memory serves me correctly Sarcevic should have taken a shot but instead chose to pass to Ainsworth which was defended and cleared and Ainsworth himself should have pulled the trigger rather than trying to cut back onto his other foot, that was it in the first half !!

Happy to be corrected and apart from a half chance in the second half where Flecther almost robbed their keeper that was it in a poor game between 2 struggling sides.

Argyle should be the happier because the Bury CF rattled an absolute sitter against the post and it was back against the wall for the final 10 where the home side could and probably should have won it.

Positive spin Derek yes but not Hollywood blockbuster storylines please.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I lose confidence in a manager when they point blank talk poo.

Technically he's right but that must mean if managers count the chances in a game as goals most 0-0 games could have finished 5-8.

It's desperate

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Also in the first half Ness had a shot that he fired over and Ciftci had a shot saved by the keeper.
Ciftci's shot was a half chance but I thought the chances from Sarcevic, Ness and Ainsworth were all good opportunities to score so in theory Adams is correct, we should have scored three or four goals.
Bury could have scored three or four as well but luck, good goalkeeping and good defending stopped them.

Perhaps 4-4 would have been a deserved scoreline. :)

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
I think what he's saying is that if we'd have taken our chances and gone in 1 or 2 up we would have won the game. Can't argue with that.

Sep 6, 2006
Even if it were true not sure what it proves except that we haven't got players that can score goals which we already knew!

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Balham_Green":xvq8lhld said:
Even if it were true not sure what it proves except that we haven't got players that can score goals which we already knew!

We're certainly struggling to put the ball in the net.

Small positive maybe in that at least we're creating chances.