Argyle in Devon St Luke's Cup-tie at Barnstaple Tues 7.30pm | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Argyle in Devon St Luke's Cup-tie at Barnstaple Tues 7.30pm

Feb 9, 2013
Argyle have an away game on Tuesday (September 19) in the Devon FA's St Luke's Cup against Barnstaple Town at their Mill Road ground, EX31 1JQ, ko 7.30pm.
Directions: From M5 junction 27, take A361 to Barnstaple. Stay on A361, signposted Ilfracombe over new bridge. At 2nd set of traffic lights turn right, signposted Town Centre. At next set of traffic lights turn right into Mill Road.

Aug 24, 2011
Thank you for this, living in Barnstaple I will be going! Hopefully some fringe first teamers in the squad!

Feb 28, 2016
Majesticmacc":6kxypu15 said:
Thank you for this, living in Barnstaple I will be going! Hopefully some fringe first teamers in the squad!

Tuesday night with no first team fixture good odds there will be.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Apr 30, 2017
Team will probably be something like; Letheren, Taylor (Suspended?), Rose, Sokolik, Law, Rooney, Sangster, Battle, Lamieras, Wylde, Fletcher

Maybe Oscar if he is fit, but doubt it.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Pilgrim28":1144eyp0 said:
Team will probably be something like; Letheren, Taylor (Suspended?), Rose, Sokolik, Law, Rooney, Sangster, Battle, Lamieras, Wylde, Fletcher

Still on crutches I believe. Assume you mean Edwards?

Apr 30, 2017
Keepitgreen":1orhh7uu said:
Pilgrim28":1orhh7uu said:

No Aaron Taylor, he got sent off at the weekend in the SWPL

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Pilgrim28":bw77bshs said:
Keepitgreen":bw77bshs said:
Pilgrim28":bw77bshs said:

My apologies. :)

Feb 28, 2016
Pilgrim28":102tlabs said:
Keepitgreen":102tlabs said:
Pilgrim28":102tlabs said:

Doubt they will have jumped on that and processed it yet wouldn't be surprised if he plays.

Sep 25, 2010
Pilgrim28":358776w9 said:

Can somebody please tell the difference, between us putting out members of the first team squad in this game, and prem teams playing their under 23 players in the Checkatrade trophy.

All the fuss that people make about this, and we do it ourselves.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Martyn":2liuwd8x said:
Pilgrim28":2liuwd8x said:

Can somebody please tell the difference, between us putting out members of the first team squad in this game, and prem teams playing their under 23 players in the Checkatrade trophy.

All the fuss that people make about this, and we do it ourselves.

St Luke's Bowl is Devon FA's competition. All teams could play their full first team if they want. It's not an age restricted competition for any team.

The SWPL is, I think, the competition you're more likely to be drawing comparisons to. The difference is we are entering a team into the SWPL, we are not calling it a B team or a youth team, it's just another league we have entered a team into. Chelsea, for example, have a team in the Premier League and are entering a "B team" in a cup competition for which they weren't eligible. It allows them to bring on youth players that will almost certainly never play for them in the first team but continues to allow them to hoover up young talent and prevent them playing for other teams.

Now you could argue that Argyle are doing the same by recruiting youngsters that will never play for the first team but allows player development, good for the player but not for other local teams or for Argyle you could probably argue.

The two are similar but the fundamental difference is that we are not, as far as I am aware, de-stabilising SWPL clubs by entering a B team into a lower division of the same league structure. Besides which, our entry into the SWPL was unanimous at the league vote, the same cannot be said of the Checkatrade.