Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Scores 5 goals for SWPL team in an hour tonight, can he be loaned out?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Why? We need a goalscorer.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Keepitgreen":192ltlh1 said:
Why? We need a goalscorer.

Seems almost too obvious Bob.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Badly worded title i meant he is too good for SWPL but Adams does'nt think he is good enough to start in Div 1, just gives him 10 min cameo when the match is lost, obviously he is a goal scorer and should be given more playing time.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
He could be loaned out to a non league side, yes. He did have a loan move lined up, but I think I read that Adams pulled the plug on it.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Ottawa Green":2w3lve8f said:
Badly worded title i meant he is too good for SWPL but Adams does'nt think he is good enough to start in Div 1, just gives him 10 min cameo when the match is lost, obviously he is a goal scorer and should be given more playing time.
Yes, it reads as if you're saying he's not good enough for L1. I'd like to see him given more game time.

Gam

Oct 1, 2016
If you were at the game last night you would know that whilst he has great potential his first touch needs to be developed for when he is playing against league 1 opposition.
He will no doubt be good and given his chance when he's ready
With his energy he makes a good impact sub but imho hes not the answer to our striker issue

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Gam":3kyvcamh said:
If you were at the game last night you would know that whilst he has great potential his first touch needs to be developed for when he is playing against league 1 opposition.
He will no doubt be good and given his chance when he's ready
With his energy he makes a good impact sub but imho hes not the answer to our striker issue
I've seen him with the first team cameos and playing for the SWPL team. I think he deserves a start. He was given 9 minutes last night to try and win the game and of course the pressure of trying to impress in such a short space of time. No wonder his first touch was sometimes dodgy. We're scoring loads at the moment aren't we. What have we got to lose?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
On an historical note, it was good enough for Mike Bickle to prove a success in jumping from the SWL to Division 2, perhaps it will work successfully for young Fletcher. If it does not work out, then DA knows what to do. Faint heart and all that!

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
As someone who played 10 years of SWPL football I can tell you there was a huge difference from SWPL to League football even back in my days and I would of thought the gap and level of professionalism has got even bigger nowadays.

Fletcher is still a young raw lad who has potential and MAY develop but at this stage he is not the next Wayne Rooney or Michael Owen. He may make the step up to a regular place in league football given time but he is not the answer to our current problem, as in a starter upfront on his own. Impact sub maybe.

If Taylor was fit and we had better back up a loan move would of suited him and us but sadly we are exposed upfront and need to keep him on the bench as an option.

Desperate times sometimes leads to desperate measures.

Hope the kid goes on to be a local hero and real star but please lets not pile pressure on him as our great hope

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
samjones":2xj1ssty said:
As someone who played 10 years of SWPL football I can tell you there was a huge difference from SWPL to League football even back in my days and I would have thought the gap and level of professionalism has got even bigger nowadays.

Fletcher is still a young raw lad who has potential and MAY develop but at this stage he is not the next Wayne Rooney or Michael Owen. He may make the step up to a regular place in league football given time but he is not the answer to our current problem, as in a starter upfront on his own. Impact sub maybe.

If Taylor was fit and we had better back up a loan move would have suited him and us but sadly we are exposed upfront and need to keep him on the bench as an option.

Desperate times sometimes leads to desperate measures.

Hope the kid goes on to be a local hero and real star but please lets not pile pressure on him as our great hope

Think that's the first post of yours I'm in complete agreement with.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
What more can he do to get his chance

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Personally I don't see Fletcher ever starting as a lone striker in an Adams team. Too small and seems to prefer to play facing goal, whereas DA's style is a more physical presence who can play with back to goal inviting others forward. That's not to say I wouldn't play him now given our striker problems - probably off Blissett. However, I expect that a role as impact sub beckons at best (rather like Rooney).