Whats the point? (shots on target) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Whats the point? (shots on target)

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
What's the point in having pre game shooting practice when they aren't trying?

I deliberately made a point of watching the players doing the one two shot drills before the game. 26 goes where they hit the ball then take a return pass to finish with a shot on goal.

Stats:
26 attempts
14 off target
10 saved (Quite easily)
2 goals

Summary:
They are either not trying (If so what's the point?)
Or they are crap!

Maybe the coaching needs to be looked at?

Feb 17, 2017
That's quite interesting as some one else pointed out on another thread in the last 2 games we've had 24 shots, 4 on target and 1 goal (penalty) seems be a pattern occuring there. I wouldn't say there not trying, I would say they haven't got the composure or quality. Take yesterday's game, how we didn't score is beyond me, at this level if you don't take those chances you won't survive it's as simple as that. Joel grant practically an open net from 6 yards and blasted it over, we could have easily gone on to win the game after that, it's not our play or the fact we're not creating that's costing us it's our quality in both boxes.

Apr 9, 2011
Agree, having seen Grants "effort" from about six yards out on the highlights program it looks even more of a glaring miss than I realised yesterday .

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
To be fair though, his past has to be taken into consideration. :greensmile:

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":2305eyte said:
You are Ade and I claim my fiver. :)

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Keepitgreen":33fjb6f0 said:
IJN":33fjb6f0 said:
You are Ade and I claim my fiver. :)

I'd never be that obtuse.

"He's from Exeter, what do you expect" is how I might have said it or maybe "they have agent Reuben and we have agent Joel, who's doing the better job of bolloxing up the season?".

If I was to comment that is.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
For those who like statistics they show that we have near enough matched the opposition in goal attempts in the six league games this season but as we've realised the opposition have been more clinical in front of goal than Argyle.

In the six league games we've had 79 attempts on goal, 23 of those have been on target resulting in five goals, including a penalty.
Which equates to 29% of shots being on target and 21.7% of those resulting in a goal.

The opposition have had 85 goal attempts (just six more than Argyle), 34 have been on target resulting in 10 goals.
Which equates to 40% of shots being on target and 29.4% of those resulting in a goal.

We've created the chances but just haven't had enough on target.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
As I have said many times, it`s not the chances you make but the chances you take, obvious really. :twisted:

Sep 6, 2006
It's quite scary being behind the goal when we are having shooting practice! Surprised H & S haven't looked in to it.

Dec 22, 2015
That's amazing! We haven't had a decent striker since Reid! And we all slagged him off as well! I would chew my arm off to have him back.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It's the same story for this game, the opposition had more shots on-target and convert their chances better than us.

We had 17 attempts on goal, three were on target and we scored one goal.
Blackpool had 13 attempts, seven were on target and they scored three goals.

Feb 17, 2017
To be fair their 2nd and third goal where actually good efforts a far cry from our attempts from fox and grant when they actually did pull the trigger. It's almost like the players have lost confidence to shoot, like they don't believe they'll score even if the do shoot and that shows.

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
argobenz":3161a2om said:
What's the point in having pre game shooting practice when they aren't trying?

I deliberately made a point of watching the players doing the one two shot drills before the game. 26 goes where they hit the ball then take a return pass to finish with a shot on goal.

Stats:
26 attempts
14 off target
10 saved (Quite easily)
2 goals

Summary:
They are either not trying (If so what's the point?)
Or they are crap!

Maybe the coaching needs to be looked at?
Is that true? That is quite terrible :lol: