Objections to planning App

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
As there are people raising objections to the clubs planning application can fans write or email the council giving support as it would be nice to finally get this off the ground. Please write or email using the information below. Also your name and address is also asked for by the council.
Thanks

Mr Chris King
Strategic Planning and infrastructure
Plymouth City Council
Floor 2
Ballard House
West Hoe Road
Plymouth
PL1 3BJ

E-Mail planningconsents@plymouth.gov.uk

Ref 17/01684/OUT

Jan 27, 2012
As an Argyle fan, I support the Grandstand development.

I'm not very keen on the hotel development and other associated development though. It has nothing to do with the football club and involves putting sizeable buildings on an area defined by its sense of openness. Central Park is important asset for the city and I don't want it's setting gradually eroded by large buildings. I know there is development there already- but its far smaller than what is being proposed.

So even as an Argyle fan and someone who wants the club to progress I still object to the proposal !

GreenDave1981

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 5, 2017
Are they nothing to do with the football club? I had assumed that they were and that they would form some kind of off field revenue for the club?

Apr 1, 2009
GreenDave1981":3nl85jta said:
Are they nothing to do with the football club? I had assumed that they were and that they would form some kind of off field revenue for the club?

Why would the club get revenue from developments on land it has never owned?

Jul 11, 2011
James Brent saved our club in our hour of need, if he can turn the club and surrounding area into a successful business venture, good luck to him!

B

BDW

Why is the site lobbying people. It is an individuals choice and if they wish to object that is there prerogative. The OP is misguided.

Feb 18, 2016
I agree with BDW, perhaps a counter thread is needed calling for those not totally enamoured with the private development speculation of Mr Brent to raise their objections. His only obligation is to provide an ice rink, not hotels, pizza parlours and the like that will not benefit PAFC one iota. The funding for the Grandstand renovation is in place largely thanks to Mr Hallett, therefore is the rest of the application valid to anyone but the Brents?

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Awesome. More threads which will just divide the fanbase and end up with each side insulting each other for not sharing the same view. Sounds like great ideas.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
BDW":24oqbpm8 said:
Why is the site lobbying people. It is an individuals choice and if they wish to object that is there prerogative. The OP is misguided.

I brought it on to the site just to draw everyone's attention to the fact that there is rumblings to object to the application. If you remember the last time there was a group who opposed it for their own reasons. I'm not telling anyone what to do everyone is quite capable of deciding for themselves. :scarf:

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
BDW":36n5sfya said:

What a ridiculous post. It's not the site lobbying people, it's an individual poster expressing a view.

B

BDW

So the original post stating "As there are people raising objections to the clubs planning application can fans write or email the council giving support as it would be nice to finally get this off the ground." is not lobbying?

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
BDW":q5d6b8nw said:
So the original post stating "As there are people raising objections to the clubs planning application can fans write or email the council giving support as it would be nice to finally get this off the ground." is not lobbying?

It's not this site lobbying people it's an individual poster.

B

BDW

Good point made Daz but I still don't think it should be on the site.