You do like our old boys at Home Park. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

You do like our old boys at Home Park.

Aug 14, 2015
When i was a kid, Pompey were full of Ex Argyle players. Norman Piper ( who i had the privilege to meet in the hyde Park a few years ago) Mike Trebilcock, Nicky Jennings and Richie Reynolds. When i was a teenager we had The fabulous Alan Rogers (whom i have joyfully met 3 times in my 23 years in your city) Colin Sullivan, Steve Davey,Steve Perrin, next we had Billy Rafferty and Paul Marriner, but unlike you, never together.

However i have never seen so many ex Pompey players in a single Argyle Squad..and with Doyle signing..there is another link..slight as it was. I don't think he got a Champions medal..cheeky

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
We're not too fussy, we'll take anyone and improve them.

:scarf:

Jul 29, 2010
Doyle might be a red herring, a throwback story from before we signed Ciftci...

...ah, I see your point :think:

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Still makes me laugh thinking about how we all wrote Sonny off based on the comments of Pompey fans. How wrong we all were .....

Jervis is still only just getting the recognition he deserves (again after being written off by us and pompey fans). We all seem to forget that Jervis scored 14 in his first sesaon, 13 last and two already this year. Good stats by any standards.

Hopefully Ciftci is the same. If he and Jervis can both get 13/14 each this season, we will be laughing.

Nov 26, 2010
Swindon
Everyone moves on in life and generally hope the next job is better than the last and in a nicer environment, yeah - I see where you're coming from.

B

Bonehead

ford hill POMPEY fan":1h0ehfr4 said:
When i was a kid, Pompey were full of Ex Argyle players. Norman Piper ( who i had the privilege to meet in the hyde Park a few years ago) Mike Trebilcock, Nicky Jennings and Richie Reynolds. When i was a teenager we had The fabulous Alan Rogers (whom i have joyfully met 3 times in my 23 years in your city) Colin Sullivan, Steve Davey,Steve Perrin, next we had Billy Rafferty and Paul Marriner, but unlike you, never together.

However i have never seen so many ex Pompey players in a single Argyle Squad..and with Doyle signing..there is another link..slight as it was. I don't think he got a Champions medal..cheeky

Makes me laugh, beat us on goal difference for the championship but still feel the need to have a go, let the hate go , we cannot help it if we are a bigger club !!keep on feeding us the players you feel are surplus to requirements and we will improve them , decent surroundings may improve them , less dog poo etc.

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
plymouth1970":2da2tgw6 said:
ford hill POMPEY fan":2da2tgw6 said:

Makes me laugh, beat us on goal difference for the championship but still feel the need to have a go, let the hate go , we cannot help it if we are a bigger club !!keep on feeding us the players you feel are surplus to requirements and we will improve them , decent surroundings may improve them , less dog poo etc.

Bit sensitive there, eh?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
landons forehead":2wpwbpex said:
plymouth1970":2wpwbpex said:
ford hill POMPEY fan":2wpwbpex said:

Bit sensitive there, eh?

Yeah. For a Pompey supporter probably in his 60's, I felt the content of his original post was probably sincere nostalgia.

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
Quintrell_Green":ehh6g1q3 said:
landons forehead":ehh6g1q3 said:
plymouth1970":ehh6g1q3 said:
ford hill POMPEY fan":ehh6g1q3 said:

Bit sensitive there, eh?

Yeah. For a Pompey supporter probably in his 60's, I felt the content of his original post was probably sincere nostalgia.

Agreed. Thought it was a good post with a little bit of jest.

B

Bonehead

landons forehead":3dlerxx5 said:
plymouth1970":3dlerxx5 said:
ford hill POMPEY fan":3dlerxx5 said:

Bit sensitive there, eh?

Dockyard humour chaps , you either understand it or you don't. If you don't you've missed out in life.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
plymouth1970":76ojjfec said:
landons forehead":76ojjfec said:
plymouth1970":76ojjfec said:
ford hill POMPEY fan":76ojjfec said:

Bit sensitive there, eh?

Dockyard humour chaps , you either understand it or you don't. If you don't you've missed out in life.

A bit like 'dockyard oysters' then, eh?

Aug 5, 2016
ford hill POMPEY fan":30waua40 said:

I suppose the difference is when they are with Pompey they are average lads in an average team.

When they are with Argyle the win play off semi finals and promotions ;-)

Up the Argyle!!

B

Bonehead

Quintrell_Green":3qna6ydt said:
plymouth1970":3qna6ydt said:
landons forehead":3qna6ydt said:
plymouth1970":3qna6ydt said:
ford hill POMPEY fan":3qna6ydt said:

Bit sensitive there, eh?

A bit like 'dockyard oysters' then, eh?
Or 5 basin mussels