Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
If you want to win the league, you have to be beating the best teams ;-)

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Teams like Plymouth....he manages Southend...Southend! Anyway we're used to comments like this so it's nothing new. Onwards!

May 16, 2016
How quickly they forget where they recently were. No big issue, just a typical we didn't win comment from a manager.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Am I missing something here? Southend WERE playing Argyle today. It would be a stupid comment if he said "We need to get that killer instinct about us and put teams away like Charlton today."

B

Bonehead

Lundan Cabbie":1c2rgeca said:
Am I missing something here? Southend WERE playing Argyle today. It would be a stupid comment if he said "We need to get that killer instinct about us and put teams away like Charlton today."
Obviously you are

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Lundan Cabbie":3tblh70b said:

Can you not see how patronising "teams like Plymouth" is? Think he needs reminding he's now managing Southend. What is a "team like Plymouth?"

B

Bonehead

I see your point LC but the report would have read 'put teams away, like Plymouth today'.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
plymouth1970":9tems2q9 said:
I see your point LC but the report would have read 'put teams away, like Plymouth today'.

I guess it is how you read it. To me it was a manager saying that when his team are 1-0 at home, they need to put the game to bed which is a perfectly sound comment for any boss to say.

I agree that your order of the words makes the statement clearer but hey, here on PASOTI it is a rule that poor grammar and punctuation is allowed and is always overlooked. ;)

P

Positively Green

I am not sure if I am allowed to ask this on here - but how did Crystal Palace get on today?

:scarf:

Mar 23, 2008
Lundan Cabbie":3hg7svzh said:
Positively Green":3hg7svzh said:
I am not sure if I am allowed to ask this on here - but how did Crystal Palace get on today?

I'm not allowed to comment :whistle:
Not if you want to swim against the tide to be clever. It's obviously a patronising comment from a very average manager, who would make a better pub singer.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Deacster":3s5yd165 said:
Lundan Cabbie":3s5yd165 said:
Positively Green":3s5yd165 said:

I'm not allowed to comment :whistle:
Not if you want to swim against the tide to be clever. It's obviously a patronising comment from a very average manager, who would make a better pub singer.

Although it was a more encouraging performance than last week. Don't forget, only 7 years ago we were in administration and went ten minutes past a deadline for going out of business. We must be grateful that we still have a club to support. :)

As for the Southend boss's comment, I think you are being too sensitive.