Adams post match Club V Herald | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Adams post match Club V Herald

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Club site:

"It's a game I'd like to watch week in week out, the people here enjoyed it, it was an entertaining end to end game, it was thoroughly entertaining for 4000 supporters here"

Herald:

"We didn't learn much it's a game I could do without, it's a game that I wouldn't want to watch week in week out because the atmosphere's not the same"

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Is the interview on GOS?

I can't imagine DA would have done two separate interviews and said the complete opposite in each.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
The official site is? That's terible

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Tugboat":25yyqvy8 said:
The official site is? That's terible

Depends if it's taken from the same interview. But even if it's not, clearly b*llshit, because we can see what DA actually thinks in the clip.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Dangerous, dangerous territory.

Some managers are very particular with what they say in the press. A lot of the time it is targeted at the players or opposition players to get a reaction from them not the fans.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that a meticulous no stone unturned sort like Adams uses his comments to give the team an edge. If so completely re-writing them is a very dangerous tactic indeed. Suppose he turns around and says he can't manage in conditions where his comments are controlled.

For a meaningless cup game maybe it isn't the end of the world. By the same account though who benefits from changing them, was it worth the risk?

Can only hope there was a second interview with the club in which Adams completely changed his mind rather than a complete re-write.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Nobby":2ald6oxi said:
davegreenarmy":2ald6oxi said:
I normally give the Herald a break, but this is absolutely shocking journalism.

http://greensonscreen.co.uk/soundfiles/2017-08-15/6.mp3

Herald aint lying mate. Skip to 1 min.

Listen from the first minute. He himself has contradictory views on the game. Whether it was good for the young fans and whether he learned anything from the game does not necessarily mean he's lying.

He wouldn't learn anything about Carey or Ainsworth etc but it was decent to give Ness and Fletcher a run out. Why are the two different opinions so disproportionate to why people either went or stayed away.

As for the game, it wasn't a league game and the tempo or want wasn't there which is why "B sides" wouldn't work in league football. I wouldn't want to see that every week but it was a good game nonetheless.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Ade the green":2vpj9v4m said:
Nobby":2vpj9v4m said:
davegreenarmy":2vpj9v4m said:

Listen from the first minute. He himself has contradictory views on the game. Whether it was good for the young fans and whether he learned anything from the game does not necessarily mean he's lying.

I haven't said anyone was lying, just that the Herald wasn't.

Feb 5, 2015
Cobi Budge":2y5juyc2 said:
Club site:

"It's a game I'd like to watch week in week out, the people here enjoyed it, it was an entertaining end to end game, it was thoroughly entertaining for 4000 supporters here"

Herald:

"We didn't learn much it's a game I could do without, it's a game that I wouldn't want to watch week in week out because the atmosphere's not the same"

In the club's defence - it's a little hard to hear whether he says 'i would like' or 'i wouldn't like' to watch week in week out.

Aside from that, the rest of the statements on both sides were present in the interview. Each outlet has a different take and a different objective, so it's easy to see why there are two contrasting pieces.

Not the first time, and nor will it be the last, that this will happen.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I agree. Having listened to DA's 3 interviews (1 on Monday and 2 on Tuesday) on iFollow and 1 on GoS with the press, I would say that none are lying. It was perhaps interpretation of DA's answers to questions that were posed in a different way.

The impression that I got was that he was pleased with the result but that it will not affect team selection for forthcoming league matches.

I think that it's possible that Bentley and Rose, if fit, will be in the squad for the next Checkatrade game.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Nobby":1kun1cs1 said:
Ade the green":1kun1cs1 said:
Nobby":1kun1cs1 said:
davegreenarmy":1kun1cs1 said:

I haven't said anyone was lying, just that the Herald wasn't.

My apologies, that should say "mean that anyone is lying".

I certainly agree with you that DA hasn't misrepresented himself to either the Herald or the OS.