Alex Fletcher | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Alex Fletcher

R

rdr123

After seeing him play tonight I thought he did well. He seems to have the qualities that a striker needs such as good finishing and a good first touch. There is no doubt in my eyes that he has a better technical ability than Blisset but should he be given a chance in the League?
Playing as a lone striker he doesn't quite has the presense on the pitch that Blisset has due to his height, but I think he could be useful in the future.

What's everyone else's thoughts on him?

Aug 9, 2014
Didn't see him play tonight as I'm out of the country but rated him in pre season. Has a lot of confidence, ability, work rate is excellent and knows where the goal is.
All this means he'll be loaned out by the end of the month.

Mar 23, 2008
Surely after tonight he will make the bench for the next league game, suspect Bliss will start due to his physical presence but if we need a goal it would be nice to have anothe striking option on the bench.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Deacster":xeqbqjqc said:
Surely after tonight he will make the bench for the next league game, suspect Bliss will start due to his physical presence but if we need a goal it would be nice to have anothe striking option on the bench.
i would play him alongside nathan.

S

swendies

[superb player that i think will play in the premier./quote]
And therefore, not in League 1 for Argyle. Come on Adams, give our youth a chance before we sell them or loan them into obscurity.

Aug 3, 2017
Always good to see youth given a chance, be that the league, cup or Mickey Mouse cup. By all accounts it was a reasonable performance and he's topped it off with a great last 5 minutes.

Sounds like DA wants him loaned out and considering our preferred formation you can see why. He'll need to develop physically to be more suited to our system. But the issue you have is sending him to a team where he can learn that.

Personally I would love to see him come on if we were chasing games as part of a formation change but if we can find a decent club to send him to until Christmas then so be it.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
Yesterday won't have changed anything.

He's scored a couple of goals in a team of experienced pros against a team of kids.

It is absolutely nothing like playing in the league.

It's good for him though and it's good for us. He needs gametime though and we need experience, not somebody to gamble on.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Thomas Edwards":3kmdmjtx said:

He's scored a couple of goals in a team of experienced pros against a team of kids.

It's good for him though and it's good for us. He needs gametime though and we need experience, not somebody to gamble on.

How do you know he wouldn't be capable of doing it in the league?

Jul 11, 2011
Thomas Edwards":c2rfk7sz said:

I agree with this. Fletcher has potential but needs to play regularly and is not at the level to gamble on. Yes he scored two good goals but his hold up play was average at best and that is important in Adams system. Plus tonight he was playing against less physical centre backs. Not taking anything away from his performance but he is not ready to play in our current system. He could be a good impact sub or preferably get him out on loan and playing regularly this season.

Aug 3, 2017
Thomas Edwards":26l4on0t said:

I wonder, in what way is a Championship or PL youngster not a gamble? I would argue Fletch is far less of a gamble because you see him day in day out. I mean, Garita, was to all intents and purposes a gamble. Nardiello, he was probably not a gamble and look how much he played!

Largely though I agree, because he did well last night doesnt mean he's gunning to start at the weekend. I doubt most of us expect that to happen. A spot on the bench...possibly?

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

We still need two strikers. I'm happy for the lad and yes it is good for him (take nothing away from the kid) but scoring against Chelsea's kids, in a game that little have enthusiasm for, is not the same as scoring in League One. Put him on the bench for the mean time, sure, but find him somewhere he can play regular, competitive first team football, whilst we sign two players with the experience he lacks.

May 21, 2015
chuffed for the lad for last night, but I reckon he should go out on loan where he can play every week.

R

rdr123

tandark":3ycai0sw said:
chuffed for the lad for last night, but I reckon he should go out on loan where he can play every week.

Going out on loan would deffinately get him the experience that he needs, but unless we sign another striker then I think he has to stay. It would also provide some competition for Blisset.