brief synopsis Chelsea | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

brief synopsis Chelsea

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
a thoroughly entertaining match against an obviously talented group of young chelsea players.argyle started the game strongly with taylor-sinclair,sokolik.lameiras,ness,ainsworth,te loeke and fletcher starting.i thought ness had a very good part match and will be in contention to start on saturday,taylor sinclair also had a very good match and ruben is a box of tricks,what a very good squad we have.in my view the number 9 shirt should be given to alex fletcher,an outstanding game by him with two well taken goals and a penalty.my ratings;
Robbert Te Loeke 5; Gary Miller 7, Yann Songo'o 7, Jakub Sokolik 8, Aaron Taylor-Sinclair 8; Antoni Sarcevic 6, Jamie Ness 7; Lionel Ainsworth 6, Ruben Lameiras 8, Gregg Wylde 5; Alex Fletcher 9.

Keith Whitfield

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 30, 2015
Thanks, Steve. Looks like that we might have unearthed a wee nugget here. As someone who has dined out on having seen Paul Mariner's debut, I hope that you and a few thousand others will be doing the same in relation to Fletch. Wish I could have made it down for the match and amazed that many who could have possibly witnessed history chose to miss out. Their choice - but to my mind the wrong one.

Jul 6, 2011
I would have been there if I could have got there. Sounds like Fletcher had a good game, what was his overall game like apart from the goals he scored?
I also wonder if Adams will hold onto him rather than loaning him out, seems he could be a bit of a diamond on the bench (for now anyway).

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Thanks, Steve.

I have never attended this cup competition (regardless of it's sponsor) but I am delighted with the result and really appreciate your report. What a great confidence booster for young Alex Fletcher; not only 2 goals in the 90+ minutes but then to knock in the second penalty shows great composure. I listened to the shootout on iFollow.

Feb 3, 2009
Surprised at the 6 marking for Lionel Ainsworth, I thought that his pace down the right caused Chelsea problems through out the game.

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
Thanks for the report. Quick few questions:

1 - How did the goalie RTL go? look confident?
2 - Who was better centre back Sokolik or Songo?
3 - What's Ness's play like? - he is a ball winner or more of a Fox type player?
4 - Taylor-Sinclair - thoughts on him?
5 - Reuben/ Wyld/ Ainsworth - which one of these is worth a start yet?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
3 - What's Ness's play like? - he is a ball winner or more of a Fox type player?
in answer to question 1 RTL caught the ball well and seemed to command his area ok.however,he didn't set the wall up well for the second goal which was hit at backpass speed.
2,both songo'o and sokolik had very good games but yann played an awful backpass for the first chelsea goal and therefore sokolik just the better.
3,a ball winner with a good eye for a pass and a left footer foremost.him and fox will be a good partnership although i want to add lameiras is a special talent.
4,had a very good match,good in the air and never let us down.i wouldn't be worried if he came in for oscar.
5,on last nights showing reuben and ainsworth with wylde being his usual frustrating self.i would like to enthuse that fletcher is definitely worth a start.a natural goalscorer with the instinct to be in the right place at the right time.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
briangreen":2jj4ynjj said:
I would have been there if I could have got there. Sounds like Fletcher had a good game, what was his overall game like apart from the goals he scored?
I also wonder if Adams will hold onto him rather than loaning him out, seems he could be a bit of a diamond on the bench (for now anyway).
his overall game was excellent against a very good chelsea defender,ampadu,he holds it up well and distributes the ball brilliantly.his two goals were worth the entrance fee alone,two in two minutes and a penalty.one slight "problem" he is slightly too short but lets hope he can gain a couple of inches in height.i would play a target man and him in a front two meself.he is an even better prospect than tyler harvey. ;) morning colin

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Cornish Ciderman":1mlcj44z said:
Surprised at the 6 marking for Lionel Ainsworth, I thought that his pace down the right caused Chelsea problems through out the game.
on reflection maybe a 7 for ainsworth he did get through the chelsea defence but shot straight at the goalie but he was certainly more effective than greg

Nov 28, 2011
Bude
Distribution in the first half wasn't very good, didn't seem to set himself up in the greatest of positions all the time, second half, much better distribution. The 2 shots he actually faced, they went in, not to forget fox's backpass, which went to their no.70 who should have finished that chance after he rounded the keeper.

Songo for me was much better, i noticed his play a lot more than Sokiluk he was pretty mobile all over the pitch, won pretty much most things that went his way, nearly scored, with a header that just went over, apart from the 1 mistake

Got around the pitch, very mobile, good distribution, was all over the pitch, be great to see him play some more.

Taylor Sinclair, got up and down the wing, couple of good crosses into the box, quite mobile, linked well with Wylde

For me, Ainsworth stood out, great pace, beat his man pretty much every time, put in some very good crosses, would of been my MoM if Fletcher hadnt got the 2 goals, Wylde had an average game, and Lamieries, more minutes more confidence, can only see him exciting you more with some of his passing and chance creating, had a great finesse shot that hit the post in the first half, with the outside of his boot, exciting player, each game he gets minutes, i hope his confidence goes up!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Brilliant second by fletcher

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
From the highlights...

Songo'o at fault for the first goal, he lost the ball in a similar position at Buckland and they scored from it.

Think Te Loeke could have done better with the free kick, takes a big step to the wrong side despite the ball not taking a deflection.

Good finishes from Fletcher and 5 superbly taken penalties.

Oct 31, 2015
Got to say the pens were well taken.

Good for fletch to.score.a.couple. poor old Songo always has a mistake in him :)