iFollow vs PAFCTV

Mark Smith

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
Must admit to being a bit non-plussed by the competing offers of iFollow and PAFCTV.

I'm happy with iFollow, but having shelled out a broadly reasonable but (in the eyes of my wife) still not negligible sum for the season, it's a bit annoying today to see ads for PAFCTV informing me that this is the only way to see (e.g.) "how close Carey's shot really was"... - clearly poking fun at iFollow's single camera angle - for just another (ahem) £132 a year.

I know you pays your money and you takes your choice, and I'm aware that they probably have separate ownership, but for that money it's a pity they can't be combined somehow...

From the PAFCTV site "Wherever you are in the world, you can now enjoy Plymouth Argyle’s home games, and maybe a couple of away matches, in full, with commentary on most games and including replays of the important match action all on Argyle official TV channel for full match replays."

I assume that these games are not live or it would breach UK broadcast rights. Also, the "maybe a couple of away matches" is somewhat non-committal. As a scuzzy ex-pat, I'll stick with the live stream with full replay capability. Not sure I need commentary.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Jerry you can get commentary, all you have to do is open 2 screens, one you click the audio button, the other screen click the video button, the audio on Saturday was about 5-10 secs behind in first half and 15-20 in 2nd half but someone posted you can stop the video feed and wait until the audio catches up.

Mark Smith

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
Bermudian Green":1okq9qnq said:
From the PAFCTV site "Wherever you are in the world, you can now enjoy Plymouth Argyle’s home games, and maybe a couple of away matches, in full, with commentary on most games and including replays of the important match action all on Argyle official TV channel for full match replays."

I assume that these games are not live or it would breach UK broadcast rights. Also, the "maybe a couple of away matches" is somewhat non-committal. As a scuzzy ex-pat, I'll stick with the live stream with full replay capability. Not sure I need commentary.

Me too, and there's a way around the commentary issue. I'm just a bit miffed that even for this money there are two rival packages offering slightly different things. Would like to see Jervis' flick or Carey's shot from another angle without having to fork out another ton. But hey whatever.

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
i subscribed to PAFCTV last season, the whole game was up on the site normally 2 days after the match, monday or thursday. after Sept every game had commentry , replays etc and for me being in Fife it was a good way to watch Argyle even if I knew the result. I could at least see how the team played. Argyle player for me has always been a pain, dropping off buffering etc.

This season I have gome with iFollow, purely on a cost basis, I do prefer the games with commentry but so far the full games have been up a full day earlier. £45 for a season aginst £108 (12 x9), every game against, homes and some aways. radio commentry, interviews all thrown in.. and then Matchday Moments free.. showing the different angles.

thanks Steve Hill for you efforts and great job you did last season.

smudja":1qjgor65 said:
i subscribed to PAFCTV last season, the whole game was up on the site normally 2 days after the match, monday or thursday. after Sept every game had commentry , replays etc and for me being in Fife it was a good way to watch Argyle even if I knew the result. I could at least see how the team played. Argyle player for me has always been a pain, dropping off buffering etc.

This season I have gome with iFollow, purely on a cost basis, I do prefer the games with commentry but so far the full games have been up a full day earlier. £45 for a season aginst £108 (12 x9), every game against, homes and some aways. radio commentry, interviews all thrown in.. and then Matchday Moments free.. showing the different angles.

thanks Steve Hill for you efforts and great job you did last season.

Hi smudja. Given that you're in Scotland, a different country with it's own league, does that count as being "overseas" and thus be eligible to watch live streams on ifollow?

(Before anyone says Scotland is not overseas, I would make the same question to those in Northern Ireland).

Just intrigued, no more than that.

Mark Smith

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
Used PAFC TV a couple of times last year to review the technical side of things, players, formations, that kind of thing, but it's not the same when you know the score.

Indeed, Match Day Moments is a good supplement to iFollow - I wonder if many people will take PAFCTV now, maybe they will be combined after all.

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
Hi smudja. Given that you're in Scotland, a different country with it's own league, does that count as being "overseas" and thus be eligible to watch live streams on ifollow?

Sadly not, the deal with the EFL covers UK not just England, so the Indepenant vote is looking a choice!

Originally PAFCTV stated that the matches were going to be downloadable, but this turned out to be wrong,and that statement is no longer on the web site.

Be nice to see the 2 combined, I dont see why we cant have the PAFCTV full match with commentary and action replays on it.. time will tell

Sep 19, 2016
I have watched the Charlton game in full today on pafctv - it was great. Highlights are OK on iFollow but they are obviously created by a neutral, and some things in the full match that I regarded as important were missing from the highlights. Least the club is trying to provide footage for the many Argyle fans away from home.
I emailed last week, asking if the three camera coverage would be on iFollow, aparently a couple fo clubs are looking to provide footage, but they can't get an answer from Neulion, the guys behind iFollow. I also contacted them in the close season, at that point apparently they were not sure what iFollow were going to provide as it was difficult to get answers from them! Currently it looks like for GB we have the same as before.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
When i listened to the audio on saturday albeit not when the match was being played as I was worried about buffering it was all Exeter and torquay, Did they have commentary of the Argyle game on once the match started? or was it one of the other matches? Sounded like BBC Radio Devon Coverage

Still not had chance to try out ifollow abroad until this evening. My mobile app says watch game live, then when I try I get a message saying "due to rights restrictions you cannot view the game from this location".

Is this game actually being shown, or am I just getting a bog standard, yet incorrect, message?

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Bermudian Green":37rnlnvz said:
Still not had chance to try out ifollow abroad until this evening. My mobile app says watch game live, then when I try I get a message saying "due to rights restrictions you cannot view the game from this location".

Is this game actually being shown, or am I just getting a bog standard, yet incorrect, message?

I'm getting the same in the UK

Commentary is working on pafc.co.uk

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
NO video for the Checkatrade games only audio

Ottawa Green":3h621y27 said:
NO video for the Checkatrade games only audio

That's what I thought, but I got the watch now button on the cell phone, and then a message to say I was in the wring area. I would have expected a "not being broadcast" button. Just practicing for Saturday really.

Next question Mike - are you listening to it on ifollow or pafc? I can listen on pafc, but on the mobile app it asks me to upgrade. I already pay the full amount to watch, what more can I upgrade to??