Fletcher to start against Chelsea, and maybe loaned out | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Fletcher to start against Chelsea, and maybe loaned out

Feb 28, 2016
Despite only being told on Friday I had forgot Jordan's ban was still pending a season later! And only just heard about Rose getting injured before reading that. Welcome news for Fletcher but a bit disappointed there is no mention of Rooney or Battle either way.

Aug 3, 2017
Great to see youth being given a chance, in a team with experienced heads to keep him on track.

The issue, if there is one really, is; is the National League South a good place for our youngsters to truely develop? It's a different type of football and facilities are...often questionable.

May 8, 2011
The team against Stoke Gabriel is going to be interesting, either quite a few 1st team squad players or made up of U16s.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Isondil":r6jj0did said:
Great to see youth being given a chance, in a team with experienced heads to keep him on track.

The issue, if there is one really, is; is the National League South a good place for our youngsters to truely develop? It's a different type of football and facilities are...often questionable.

Isaac Vassell dropped down to Truro City after being an Argyle player yet today has signed a four year contract with Birmingham City. So that drop down a couple of divisions worked out.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40923933

Edited for a typo.

Aug 9, 2017
Surely the development pro's should get their chance in this game! Although, they are just being used to play in the Peninsula League. Joke really,no development going on there!

Aug 9, 2017
MarkMatthews":1rjq6h2h said:
Despite only being told on Friday I had forgot Jordan's ban was still pending a season later! And only just heard about Rose getting injured before reading that. Welcome news for Fletcher but a bit disappointed there is no mention of Rooney or Battle either way.
They are being used Mark. Shame they couldn't get out of their contracts and try elsewhere. No development whatsoever.

Aug 9, 2017
My point is the boys who got pro developments are not going to be developed simple as. Derek has no intention of giving these lads a chance. Pro developments are given out for the purpose of Peninsula football. Just look at last years development pros, how were they meant to develop when they didn't even get to train with the first team. Just a waste of a year in my eyes, feel sorry for them.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
tomas19":f6xdfnla said:
My point is the boys who got pro developments are not going to be developed simple as. Derek has no intention of giving these lads a chance. Pro developments are given out for the purpose of Peninsula football. Just look at last years development pros, how were they meant to develop when
they didn't even get to train with the first team. Just a waste of a year in my eyes, feel sorry for them.

Tomas, you come over as someone with an axe to grind?

Aug 5, 2005
tomas19":ylp2qufg said:
Surely the development pro's should get their chance in this game! Although, they are just being used to play in the Peninsula League. Joke really,no development going on there!

Tomas, I'm sure you know the ridiculous rules of this competition but just in case...

Each EFL Club shall play its full available strength in and during all Matches. The League will from time to time issue a policy as to what constitutes 'full available strength'. Any Club failing to meet this requirement will be required to pay a fine of up to £5,000.

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competiti ... gulations/

So we can't field a load of kids, even though we probably want to

Feb 28, 2016
No axe to grind from where I'm sat, it seems a rather logical, if not a slightly cruder conclusion to which I have arrived at my self.

Last season there was clearly no desire to develop any of the development players, in fact I would wager most of the fanbase would not even be able to name all of those offered those contracts. The closest any got to the first team squad was one making the bench, at the height of a player shortage. We know they didn't train with the first team. We know they didn't even have squad numbers(once again the case this season.) This now historical fact they were used last season, as cheap labour, coaching in the community. Not one on a contract specifically, introduced, with the sole intention of bridging the gap between first team and youth team, out of five would go on to even achieve a single substitute appearance.

Where is the evidence this season will be any better? The warning signs were there early on last season, so early Jake Miller (who was the only one contractually able to do so, jacked it in after what,? Two or three months? I forget!) we still don't see them with squad numbers, they weren't visible in pre season training photos (suggests they aren't training with the first team to me) Just how are they going to be able to show they have developed from where they were last season, by only training with the U18s (which they did last season) and only playing in the SWPL( which they did all of last season) how do you push on from that?

May 8, 2011
It is less than a month ago that people were all talking about Sangster featuring so much in preseason.
I would say Adams Brewster and Wotton take more interest in the youth development than many give them credit for. From what Adams said about Sangster he obviously sees the youngsters in training and the management team are almost always at SWPL games and U18 fixtures when they don't clash with first team games.

Aug 9, 2017
John Cooper":2iewvx9z said:
tomas19":2iewvx9z said:
My point is the boys who got pro developments are not going to be developed simple as. Derek has no intention of giving these lads a chance. Pro developments are given out for the purpose of Peninsula football. Just look at last years development pros, how were they meant to develop when
they didn't even get to train with the first team. Just a waste of a year in my eyes, feel sorry for them.

Tomas, you come over as someone with an axe to grind?
No not at all.just don't see the point in the development contracts. Sad to see so many talented players wasting a year on nothing,

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Isondil":2e1zr5xx said:

Our facilities were not much better until a couple of years ago. Even now they're still a very long way behind some of the clubs at this level.