PASOTI and what it stands for. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

PASOTI and what it stands for.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Sadly, I saw a 'dig' from a lady on FB this week regarding PASOTI 'stifling debate'.

I would just like to re-iterate what has been said by most of the Mods and myself on a few occasions over the last few years.

1) We do not allow bad language on this site. We're proud of its Child Friendly status and that will continue to be the case whilst this group of Mods are running PASOTI.

2) We will not allow wanton abuse of any member of Argyle staff on here. Complaints are one thing, but some of the shocking language and comments allowed on FB Free Chat and ATD will never be tolerated on this, a Football Website.

3) All comments (apart from those above) ARE allowed and if the person wishing to make a negative comment/thread, is prepared to take alternative views from people that passionately support their team, then that's the healthy way. It does seem that this myth of Pasoti controlling people's minds seems to have come from a small bunch of people who actually believe 'free speech' only works when the threads are anti club or anti establishment. Fortunately this is not the case.

4) We will remove anything we think is not conducive to the running of our site. That includes bad personal insults against any person, internet bullying of people who have differing posting styles and repetitive threads on the same subject which are created by person or persons who have ulterior motive aimed at causing trouble on this site.

5) The Mods are vigilantly looking for multis, the people that repeatedly accuse this site of using them, on average attempt about 5 false accounts per month, but again, the Mod concerned is on this like a rash, and not many get through these days.

The people that help run this site are sure that this is the best run it has ever been, the team of Mods have many varying viewpoints on life in general, and come from all political persuasions, so the mix is dead right, and the site is enjoying its most settled period for twenty years.

Unfortunately, there are people that seem dedicated to attacking the site, both verbally and through stealth but the main thing is, our valued members, on the whole, seem happy with what this site provides and that is, after all, the prime objective of the volunteers that run PASOTI,

Thanks for listening.

Ian Newell.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
:clap: :scarf:

Jul 9, 2008
Plymouth
1. Well said.
2. Comments re poor admin / ticketing issues/ match arrangements should always be valid.
3. Personal attacks on our own players ('worst player ever etc') will be 'called out' by other posters but those who post such stuff should have a good look at themselves (Thinking here of stuff posted about Kelvin Mellor and last season, Jimmy Spencer).
4. Keep up the good work!

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Yeah the difference from Facebook to this website is pretty staggering so yes I echo the same sentiments. When I previously mentioned about Sawyer being criticised and bad language that was Facebook, not here, which is probably why I prefer this, because I do no want to constantly see bad language about Players or whatever, which is the case on Facebook.

Jun 2, 2016
As a fan in exile, PASOTI is the only place to go for interesting , usually well presented debate on Argyle.
Feel lucky to have it.

Oct 24, 2013
I have only been active on Pasoti for six weeks or so. I have found the level of debate to be humorous, considered and respectful. This is not at all what I expect of an internet football forum and I for one am very disappointed. Can I get a refund?!

Dec 15, 2012
I have recently left the Free Chat group after becoming fed up with the abuse of certain people and the constant sniping at the club.

I agree the club needs to be more professional and silly things are still being missed, but the abuse for any error or news out of the club is just too much.

I admire that views can be posted here with less likelihood of being abused.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It's a shame personal attacks aimed at fans, players and club officials are still allowed to continue on Free Chat, all in the name of 'free speech'.

For this season we have six adult Pasoti season tickets for each home league game, the most we've had and its all thanks to donations from Pasoti users who want to help out fellow fans.
I know the Pasoti users who receive these tickets match by match are always grateful and the club ticket office are more than happy to arrange the tickets for each match.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
It's a shame that some sites go like that as there are some good posters on all of them. However it's obvious some posters are only on there because they're allowed to abuse anyone at will. I came off one because of the personal abuse that some were getting and another because anything seems to go. Pasoti has it about right and does an awful lot of good as well. Like some have said, you can be critical without being abusive.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
With this site and GoS we're spoilt in having two of the best football sites and have been for some time.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Does just what it says on the tin. We have green tints, sceptics, dreamers, realists, pragmatists, egoists, the well informed, the ill informed and sometimes they are all within one individual. :greensmile: A well run and supported fans forum. It is not unusual to be in agreement with a poster one minute and diametrically opposed the next, but that is the reason for the success of PASOTI, we are a broad church.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
I love this site and had done for many years before being invited to become a mod. It's a great site. Really appreciate the debate and banter on here. Yes it goes over the top at times, but this is a passionate sport and people have strong views and beliefs.

Keep it up fellas.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Great site--well done Ian and team! I engage in a hell of a lot of online and face to face debate and am well used to dealing with abrasive and unpleasant individuals, but the level of reasoned and rational debate on this site is second to none--well done all pasotiites!