league 1 standard of football | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

league 1 standard of football

L

London green 94

how much better was that to watch ! huge difference in quality towards the top end of league 1 and league 2 ?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I thought the games against Peterborough and Charlton were both a step up in quality compared to League Two and it's pleasing to say Argyle also raised their standard and matched both opponents.

Time wasting and simulation is still a problem but when the football is actually played it's entertaining and of a good standard.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":2ysu0zgl said:
I thought the games against Peterborough and Charlton were both a step up in quality compared to League Two and it's pleasing to say Argyle also raised their standard and matched both opponents.

Time wasting and simulation is still a problem but when the football is actually played it's entertaining and of a good standard.

Altering the pace of the game to suit your own means is a tactic that is used at virtually all levels of the game unfortunately.

R

rdr123

Great game to watch yesterday and even the 0-0 first half was exciting with no goals! Hopefully this high standard will continue

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Can't remember enjoying a game of football so much at HP for a long time,i hope this is what we are in for this season.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Yeah it was an entertaining game. Charlton were certainly pretty on the eye and had some classy players. But that said if I were a Charlton supporter I'd be concerned that they'll be bullied by a number of teams this season. Yes we have a big side now stature wise but if they (as some of their forum suggests) think that Blissett and Jervis were physical yesterday then I fear for them when they face an actual physical side.

C

Cult Of Personality

Yeah was nice to see the ball on the deck and played with a bit more pace. I cant wait for the day we back in the championship that football sometimes was just simply awesome to watch

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
up_the_line":1x27d2ef said:
Yeah it was an entertaining game. Charlton were certainly pretty on the eye and had some classy players. But that said if I were a Charlton supporter I'd be concerned that they'll be bullied by a number of teams this season. Yes we have a big side now stature wise but if they (as some of their forum suggests) think that Blissett and Jervis were physical yesterday then I fear for them when they face an actual physical side.
Yeah, agree with all that. I didn't think it was a physical game at all yesterday - played in good spirit apart from a few dives and can't recall a single bad foul from either side, and the only unlucky booking was Miller's body check when the guy ran into him. Do Jervis and Holmes (Charlton no 11) know each other from a past life btw? They were having a good old chat and laugh just before the second half kicked off.

The standard of football I saw yesterday was head and shoulders above anything I remember when I first started watching Argyle in the third tier in the 70s. How standards have improved since then - the ripple-down effect from the Premier League I guess.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
FourMarksGreen":3q5pg3yd said:
Do Jervis and Holmes (Charlton no 11) know each other from a past life btw? They were having a good old chat and laugh just before the second half kicked off.
Looking at their respective Wikipedia entries it seems that their careers overlapped at Portsmouth in 2014.

May 16, 2016
warney":1jg6aoer said:
Will League 1 suit us better than League 2 style-wise, perhaps?

Based on no more than the two games played so far, I'd say yes. More of a contrast to L2 than the last time we stepped up. Perhaps the standard of Football in England outside of the PL has been slowly going up across the board.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
very little hoof ball from either side and that game was a pleasure to watch. Both teams kept it on the ground and looked to play.If all matches are played like this then looks like a very good season in prospect.

R

rdr123

oddball":yclva1ll said:
very little hoof ball from either side and that game was a pleasure to watch. Both teams kept it on the ground and looked to play.If all matches are played like this then looks like a very good season in prospect.

Agreed, it was nice to see the ball played on the floor! Other then when they skied it out of the stadium! Haha

Oct 31, 2015
I agree with all thats been said. I really enjoyed yesterdays game. The first half was end to end with some good football. Charlton were good to watch and our counter attack style worked as well. The ball was moved well and Charlton passed and moved very efficiently.

2nd half our pressing was brilliant and Charlton didnt have an answer and we moved the ball well. If this is the sign of football to come then bring it on. The 90 minutes flew by which is what it should be like.

Perhaps the higher standard does suit us only time will tell but you bet your bottom dollar there will be blood and snotters attrition football along the way and another Wycombe around the corner :)