Nathan Blisset | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Nathan Blisset

R

rdr123

I'm just not sure what to make of him. He tries hard but in my eyes just isn't up to the standard that is needed for a League 1 Striker. He looked out of place today against Chalton and his first touch wasn't good enough on most occasions. For me today really showed that we need a quality striker up there, what is everyone else's view on this?

Oct 10, 2012
Worked hard but lacked quality. Poor touch and poor movement off the ball. Can't rely on him to be one of our main strikers

R

rdr123

Carlo":3oisor3p said:
Worked hard but lacked quality. Poor touch and poor movement off the ball. Can't rely on him to be one of our main strikers

A prime example of this was when he received the ball on the right wing and instead of trying to run at the defence he literally just kicked the ball out of play in an attempt to get around him, terrible!

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Not good enough. Good sub in league 2 and scored some important goals, but this is a step to far imo. The effort is there but there is a lack of application and he's technically just not good enough unfortunately, in my opinion.

Apr 21, 2006
He is a great "impact" player I think. Good to have on the bench definatly, but I think his awareness of other players and eye for a pass isn't what it should be in this league.
I like the fact that he busts a gut to get into the box to be on the end of everything. He also certainly won his fair share of high balls today. Maybe if he can get a few goals early in the season it will Be the making of him??

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Torquay saw us coming with £15k.
Always said he was Lge 2 standard at best even though TBF he did make a few contributions mainly from the bench last year.

Not our answer to the centre Forward conundrum hence why we probably need 2 strikers in given Taylors injury

Mar 23, 2008
I think he's a great impact sub which was probably what he was signed for, when chasing a game its natural to go longer quicker and he can win flick one and score from headers on crosses. However, his back to goal hold up play needs serious work if he's going to be a starter.

C

Cult Of Personality

The system we play means its always hard for a striker to do well but i also think Bliss is not good enough at this level and that the jump to league 1 has come to soon for him

May 3, 2017
Give him a chance. This is a steep learning curve for him. We're only 2 league games into the season and he's learning all the time. I'm sure he's working hard on the training ground making improvements to his game. However, the sooner we bring in another striker to increase competition the better.

R

rdr123

James J":2ij1on5m said:
Give him a chance. This is a steep learning curve for him. We're only 2 league games into the season and he's learning all the time. I'm sure he's working hard on the training ground making improvements to his game. However, the sooner we bring in another striker to increase competition the better.

Fair enough he needs a chance but getting goals each week is important so quite frankly we cannot afford to just 'give him a chance'. As you say the sooner we get in a quality striker the better.

Jul 2, 2014
I think that our striker solution is in front of us. Move Jake into the center from the wing and put Ainsworth on the wing. Blissett backs up Jake till the right striker is found.

My disappointment with Blissett was his lack of effort off the ball. He seemed to make no effort to pressure the Charlton back line when then were moving the ball forward.

It seemed like he had only one job, to be a target man. Yet we didn't use him for that role, the way we used to use Reid. We pass really well through the midfield for the most part. When we went long ball, Jake was getting it more than Blissett.

L

London green 94

Mdgreener":7n4jqy1b said:
I think that our striker solution is in front of us. Move Jake into the center from the wing and put Ainsworth on the wing. Blissett backs up Jake till the right striker is found.

My disappointment with Blissett was his lack of effort off the ball. He seemed to make no effort to pressure the Charlton back line when then were moving the ball forward.

It seemed like he had only one job, to be a target man. Yet we didn't use him for that role, the way we used to use Reid. We pass really well through the midfield for the most part. When we went long ball, Jake was getting it more than Blissett.
it doesn't work , tried it at Torquay, he plays so much better on the flank

O

ogwellmike

I think you may be underestimating his nuisance value. IMO he worked hard and, despite his mistakes, Charlton's defence was finding him quite a handful. Apart from anything else his height gave him a big advantage over their midgets!

Apr 13, 2006
Plymouth
He's a young lad with a lot to learn. Thought he did alright yesterday but does need to hold onto the ball a bit better and let the support get up to him. With him being the only target man available for now we need to make sure he stays available until we can get someone else in. For as far as Jake is concerned he isn't a target man and just doesn't cut the mustard when he has his back to goal, facing goal he's a different prospect and he has that happy knack of being able to drift in on the blind side of defences.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Rowan":9z4gxsy4 said:
He's a young lad with a lot to learn. Thought he did alright yesterday but does need to hold onto the ball a bit better and let the support get up to him. With him being the only target man available for now we need to make sure he stays available until we can get someone else in. For as far as Jake is concerned he isn't a target man and just doesn't cut the mustard when he has his back to goal, facing goal he's a different prospect and he has that happy knack of being able to drift in on the blind side of defences.

He's 27.