• Total voters

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Your thoughts, praise or criticism and marks out of 10 for today's ref John Brooks.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Too whistle happy for me, and seemed to be making it up as he went along. Thankfully, he was poor for both sides. 4/10

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
Missed a lot and refused to censure their 14 despite dives, obstructing Luke etc. Man up ref 4/10

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
5 from me.
Could have scored more for 'general performance' but he can't book Miller because 6 of their players surround him and say he should!
We never hassled the ref, so their dives, simulation, pulls and 'tricks' went unbooked. :facepalm:

Jul 11, 2011
Decent performance, let the game flow and picked up all the important fouls. Only negative was not booking Fosu for a blatant dive.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Akos Bubacksy":i1ccrzb4 said:
Decent performance, let the game flow and picked up all the important fouls. Only negative was not booking Fosu for a blatant dive.

Was it a dive though looked like he was clipped from where I was sat.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Pedantic fool, only a 3 from me because of his interpretation of the advantage rule.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
IJN":2mw1lt76 said:
Pedantic fool, only a 3 from me because of his interpretation of the advantage rule.

One incident of playing advantage was strange. He gave advantage to Charlton and after at least three of their players had touched the ball he pulled it back and gave Charlton a free-kick!

He's in his second season as a ref after being a linesman in the Premier League.
The linesman on the Lyndhurst side, who is a regular at Home Park, didn't help him much.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":2mt5glog said:
IJN":2mt5glog said:

One incident of playing advantage was strange. He gave advantage to Charlton and after at least three of their players had touched the ball he pulled it back and gave Charlton a free-kick!

He's in his second season as a ref after being a linesman in the Premier League.
The linesman on the Lyndhurst side, who is a regular at Home Park, didn't help him much.

Both of these, very strange interpretation, for me it should be advantage given, not taken play on.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":2gq7o2vz said:
IJN":2gq7o2vz said:

[/quote]

There is nothing wrong with the sound of that. Officials are now encouraged to go back and award the free kick if advantage doesn't play out.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Lundan Cabbie":29rfpjfa said:
PL2 3DQ":29rfpjfa said:
IJN":29rfpjfa said:

quote]

There is nothing wrong with the sound of that. Officials are now encouraged to go back and award the free kick if advantage doesn't play out.

Play went on for at least 10 seconds which is a long time in football and there were several passes before it was given away. This is football, not rugby.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Lundan Cabbie":13gdv6nt said:
PL2 3DQ":13gdv6nt said:
IJN":13gdv6nt said:

There is nothing wrong with the sound of that. Officials are now encouraged to go back and award the free kick if advantage doesn't play out.[/quote]

Three professional footballers get the ball and fail to advance? So it goes back to a freekick? Stupid rule tbh. Either give a freekick or one period of advantage.
All these 'rules' and messing with things to 'improve' the game are completely overwhelmed by the ref's inability to give straightforward decisions on dives , fouls and cheating.

Oct 31, 2015
4 from me. I thought he nearly lost control at one point.

3 things stick in my mind which in my eyes were totally wrong

Miller getting booked when it wasnt even a foul
Their man diving in the second half in our area and he didnt even book him
He miised a load of tackles from behind from both sides.

Not his best day for sure