Argyle vs Chelski (Original thread) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Argyle vs Chelski (Original thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
Seems only the Devonport and the Grandstand will be open for this one.

Despite having already sold me a ticket for my usual seat in the Lyndhurst.

As usual nothing on the Baggo, no communication from the club.

Have Argyle still not learnt anything about not pi$$ing off your customers?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
It's been on the club website since yesterday David:

PAFC

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
Ah yes, I should have realised that a website item titled "Check Out Our Chelsea Checkatrade Children's Choices" would contain information that I am not able to sit in my usual area of the ground despite Argyle having already sold me a ticket for that area.

Silly me.

Jul 29, 2010
I would have hoped this wouldn't be an issue. I would have hoped everyone was boycotting the game anyway :sad:

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
There's an article on the main site this morning, with Adams/Club 'begging' fans to turn up and support Argyle rather than the competition as finances are important.

Happy to donate £8 to the club, but not going.

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
X Isle":1486s30o said:
I would have hoped this wouldn't be an issue. I would have hoped everyone was boycotting the game anyway :sad:

It's positive in the fact that they have decided to close the lyndhurst as this gives an indication of tickets sold/anticipated numbers.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Stuart House":sh49vyf2 said:
There's an article on the main site this morning, with Adams/Club 'begging' fans to turn up and support Argyle rather than the competition as finances are important.

I've just read that and can't believe it.
It's a poor show that the club are heavily promoting the game against the Chelsea children before our first home league game is played.

Besides, in five years time when our first home league game of the season is against the Bournemouth under-21 team Adams won't be here but the fans will be.

The title of the article "Check your prejudices" is so wrong and patronising to fans who have principles.

May 8, 2011
PL2 3DQ":15owf0ke said:
Stuart House":15owf0ke said:

It's a poor show that the club are heavily promoting the game against the Chelsea children before our first home league game is played.

Besides, in five years time when our first home league game of the season is against the Bournemouth under-21 team Adams won't be here but the fans will be.

The title of the article "Check your prejudices" is so wrong and patronising to fans who have principles.

So if we are playing Bournemouth U21 in five years time,
1) What League do you think we will in?
2) What current league Club will they have replaced?

Jul 29, 2010
Stuart House":1d0maopg said:
X Isle":1d0maopg said:

It's positive in the fact that they have decided to close the lyndhurst as this gives an indication of tickets sold/anticipated numbers.
True, good thinking. Hopefully nearer the time they'll announce that the groundsmans shed is the only section open :lol:

The thread title needs work too, not only does Checkatrade raise the hackles, so do does "Chelski" It highlights the foreign owned one man's plaything aspect. It's not even them anyway it's their creche.

May I suggest 'Highly contentious B Team precursor v Abramovic's Foreign child prodigy Xl'

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
HC Green":2apv9yc3 said:
PL2 3DQ":2apv9yc3 said:
Stuart House":2apv9yc3 said:

So if we are playing Bournemouth U21 in five years time,
1) What League do you think we will in?
2) What current league Club will they have replaced?

1) I've no idea.
2) No league club will be replaced, instead - as stated in Shaun Harvey's original proposals - a new fifth league would be created to accommodate the kids teams from the Premier League.

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
That article is embarrassing.

I wasn't going to the game before. I'm not going now.

As someone else said, if an extra £50k is that important to the club, perhaps playing his strongest XI on Tuesday might have been a good idea?

We rightly chose not to support the competition when it came to the vote, now come out with that. We really don't do ourselves any favours sometimes...

P

Positively Green

It only seems like January that we were all in meltdown on here trying to get tickets to see us play Liverpool twice. Isn't the team Liverpool put on the pitch at Anfield still the youngest ever for them?

You told Argyle how you feel about the Comp. They voted accordingly.

Go support the lads on Tuesday.

Mar 29, 2017
I'm probably putting 2 and 2 together and making some obscure number, but is it possible the club are subtly backing the boycott?

Previously they have closed the Devonport end in such games, but this time it's the Lyndhurst; the cameras showing highlights etc will be showing a completely empty side of the ground.

The article on the website this morning seems out of character for both the club and Adams. It almost reads like something they can point back to to the EFL to say 'at least we tried' if their commitment to the competition comes in to question.

Jul 29, 2010
PAFCMatt84":c48yjgfm said:
I'm probably putting 2 and 2 together and making some obscure number, but is it possible the club are subtly backing the boycott?

Previously they have closed the Devonport end in such games, but this time it's the Lyndhurst; the cameras showing highlights etc will be showing a completely empty side of the ground.

The article on the website this morning seems out of character for both the club and Adams. It almost reads like something they can point back to to the EFL to say 'at least we tried' if their commitment to the competition comes in to question.
Possibly.

It could also be subliminal message to stay away, I mean it is *SO* patronising that anyone who may have been sitting on the fence is going to be insulted and would stay away.

The innately stubborn Janner would think like that but I'm not sure the club is clever enough to have worked that out :lol:

I sadly suspect that whilst most proper Argyle fans will see this competition for what it is and stay away, Plymouth is awash with premiership plastics who will come along for their only game in years wearing their adopted PL clubs colours :facepalm:

The upshot will be an embarrassingly high attendance :furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.