Deja Vu all over again... | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Deja Vu all over again...

Jul 29, 2010
Tonight, or more appropriately tonight's PASOTI reaction rang a bell...

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=95749&p=1709570&hilit=EFL+Reading#p1709570

I've selected a 'mood board' from the above to highlight the similarity, I have resisted attributing posts to their posters but many of the names will surprise no-one...

"All my excitement for the season has gone"

"We have got no pace or spark it seems. Worrying"

"Bbc currently showing 81% possession for Reading and 0 shots for Argyle".

"I would be amazed if we scored a goal before September"

"Are we really that bad?... It seems so"

"I worry about the temperament of the new personnel, as I have said previously. Bulvitis and Osborne the only exceptions". (Editors addition >>> :funny:)

"We have replaced quality with quantity sadly".

"Not really hearing Fox's name"

"Oh my god. We are beyond bad"

"Even Pogba wouldn't make much difference to this set up :facepalm:"

"What a complete shambles. Looks like 11 players picked up from non league or Scottish football and thrown together at short notice with no formation, plan or tactics"

"Sounds a shambles ! Why give Adams a long contract when at Wembley in a one off match u play one up front ? Non of this makes any sense! Where is the next goal coming from a own goal"

"A severe rethink on strategy is needed"

"Seriously guys this is really bad"

"I fear for us so early on in the season."

"Seriously guys this is really bad...Fans booing the team already."

"Very worried. It is going to be a long fruitless season....I can't believe I am so negative after so few games"

"One and a half games into the season and ALL my optimism is blown away."

"I know it's early days in the season but giving Adams a 4 year contract seems horribly premature at the moment."

"IS FOX PLAYING FFS?"

"Have we actually IMPROVED since JS??" ... "Team and tactics have gone backwards IMHO"

"Who needs stupid cups, let's concentrate on our relegation battle."

"Not impressed with any of the new guys tonight and genuinely worried where our first win will come from."

"So there's another lost season then"
Plymouth Argyle were promoted in 2016/17.

Hmmm :think:

Jan 6, 2004
We may or may not do well this season. That does not impact on the fact that tonight's was as an abject football performance as you are ever likely to see and an insult to the fans that paid and travelled to see it. There were absolutely no positives.

Jul 29, 2010
Green_Flash":1f0b6zx8 said:
We may or may not do well this season. That does not impact on the fact that tonight's was as an abject football performance as you are ever likely to see and an insult to the fans that paid and travelled to see it. There were absolutely no positives.
I agree GF, no arguments there.

It doesn't change the fact though that, placed in it's correct CONTEXT, a particularly poo game doth not maketh a poo season.

The game though is one thing, this thread is focused on the reactions. I can't fathom why folk were unable to have foreseen this start to the season. It is what we did last season after a mass personnel change, and it's what we're doing now. Folk were wrong to write off the season this time last year, and it's what they're doing now.

Bedding in so many and instilling a philosophy takes time...but that time WILL come, just as it did before.

...probably won't come for Saturday either.

Jul 29, 2010
cheshiregreen":1mls4wo9 said:
To try and lighten mood tonight.....isn't it bound to be deja vu over and over again :)
Indeed, it's almost as if the 'Colemanballsesque' quote attributed to Yogi Berra was intended Cheshire :wink:

Sep 8, 2013
Why suddenly doom and gloom? OK tonight was not a good performance it seems (I wasn't there), but I will be there on Saturday and am going fully confident that we can get a result. To do so we must, of course, take our chances when they occur and we still need a front man who can harry, hustle and worry opposing defences, but my feeling is that we will get something from the game on Saturday. Let's be behind them, fans united.

leeroy221

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
May 10, 2015
I too remember this time lat season. I was in Thailand as i am now, missed the first 4 games of the season and we started last season as we are starting this, 3 losses on the bounce was it if i remember correctly?
All the pre season hype, much as this, gone after two games.
No need to worry, we will turn it around soon as we did last season.
I also feel for the keeper, having ot seen the game, it was his first in a new country, making his debut, maybe he is not commanding as there is still a bit of communication issues but give the guy a break.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
It can't have been fun at Ashton Gate last night so I wouldn't criticise those that made the effort. Still, nobody should have taken a long-term view on a fixture like that. We were on a hiding to nothing really, seeing as it seems to be club policy to get knocked out of the competition at the first opportunity every year.

May 16, 2016
A lot of the usual suspect posters have pre prepared recycled scripts they are usually itching to copy and paste into whichever negative thread they feel it fits.

You know what's coming when it's a bad day at the office.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
It was a shocking result and performance.

Negitive remarks and certain criticism is fully deserved.

Do you think DA's was full of praise half/full time?

Jul 29, 2010
Of course not Tuggers.

But flip side, do you think he was giving up?, throwing in the towel and writing off the season?

That's what certain posters did last night, same as Reading. As a collective we've gotta have a bit more about us than that.

We haven't got to like it, it should hurt, but given how we now traditionally seem to start a season we should neither be surprised by it nor unduly discouraged by it. It doesn't define us, In the wider context of a whole season it becomes irrelevant as an indicator of what we are, just as the Reading game was this time last year.