Booking fees on Tickets | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Booking fees on Tickets

Feb 2, 2007
Quick question- are booking fees (£1.35 each ticket online) applicable in person or phoning the box office? 3 tickets for Charlton and 1 Bristol City is coming to £5.40 for a white member, sure it wasn't that pricy last season.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
nick_PASTIE":1exx165v said:
Quick question- are booking fees (£1.35 each ticket online) applicable in person or phoning the box office? 3 tickets for Charlton and 1 Bristol City is coming to £5.40 for a white member, sure it wasn't that pricy last season.
Not in person. If you're an exile buying for a home game you might as well just buy on the day because after the transaction fee and postage you'd be paying more than you would for the extra £2 added for a matchday.

Postage fee I think was 70p last season, but it says it's £1 now which means an extra £2.35 on top of the ticket price if buying online.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Although actually, for a white member they should have been paid when you bought the membership so if you go further with the booking process it should take that off.

Feb 2, 2007
Argy1e":1aqp45kh said:
Although actually, for a white member they should have been paid when you bought the membership so if you go further with the booking process it should take that off.

Thanks all, yes I remember that happening last season for white member. Will detour to Home Park tomorrow on way to Cornwall tomorrow and save £4.15!

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
nick_PASTIE":bjeouf94 said:
Argy1e":bjeouf94 said:

Thanks all, yes I remember that happening last season for white member. Will detour to Home Park tomorrow on way to Cornwall tomorrow and save £4.15!

Also found this yesterday, brought a Bristol City ticket and a chartlton ticket with white membership.

I was charged £1.35 for both, where as last season I wasn't charged when using white member ship.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
The whole system seems to be messed up still. I just looked at getting a ticket and it was trying to charge me to buy the ticket when I'm a white member.

Jul 29, 2010
I seem to recall the government announced last week sometime that credit card booking fees would be outlawed soon, from January maybe?

Aug 4, 2011
My wife and I are both white members, so we have been charged £2.70 per match for our tickets(which we have already paid for). Plus, I have to log in twice as there are no options to buy both tickets (using each membership number) without logging in seperately. The only plus point is being able to print off our own tickets, thus saving the postage costs

Aug 13, 2006
Cornwall
argylescribes":3325pjsj said:
My wife and I are both white members, so we have been charged £2.70 per match for our tickets(which we have already paid for). Plus, I have to log in twice as there are no options to buy both tickets (using each membership number) without logging in seperately. The only plus point is being able to print off our own tickets, thus saving the postage costs

I would have thought you could go to your account settings - 'my network' and then add your wife's membership details. That way the accounts are linked.

May 16, 2016
I laughed at the £1.35 booking fee for the £1 kids tickets for the Cardiff friendly, although for a time it was the only option available which wasn't so great despite the relatively small amount of money involved.

Jul 29, 2010
argylescribes":1h2or1es said:
If I'm reading that right in spending £2.70 to save £1 (postage) would it not be better to call the ticket office and have them posted?

Being a dinosaur and not trusting 'online commerce' that's what we've always done as white membership holders. It only then costs the booking fee once the six games are used up and the tickets need paying for. You can avoid the postage too by collecting on the day, we just pay it as insurance against being delayed on the trip down.

I am rather hoping the end of card booking fees in January dovetails nicely with my six games running out and thus I won't have to pay one. It seems ridiculous you have to pay to get tickets you've already paid for.

Jul 29, 2010
Nobby":6yj06owl said:
X Isle":6yj06owl said:
Link to the article last week...

Credit and debit card surcharges to be banned - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40648641

This doesn't impact booking fees. They'll still apply.
That would appear to be a severe crimp on an otherwise damn fine plan :think:

Having never used online booking I was unaware of the specified distinction. When speaking to a human in the ticket office the term used for the charge (when paying after the six games have been used up) is "credit card booking fee". It now begs the question do they mean 'credit card surcharge' or 'booking fee'?

Either way, in our circumstances, it's not a huge imb*ggerance as it still represents the most convenient way to access match tickets and keep one foot in the door for cup tickets.

But at £2.70 a game for already purchased white memberships, that's taking the p1ss :thumbdown: