PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Yep. The Herald did the same.

And it's somewhat fitting that an adult can take up to three free children to the game (another ploy to artificially boost attendances) because they will be watching the children of Chelsea play a game of football.

Last season due to Chelsea having 38 players out on loan the average age of their Every Fan Laughing trophy team was 18 and a half years. Five of the team that played Swindon were aged 16 or 17.

Boycott this farce!

May 8, 2011
PL2 3DQ":2y47vopw said:

And it's somewhat fitting that an adult can take up to three free children to the game (another ploy to artificially boost attendances) because they will be watching the children of Chelsea play a game of football.

Last season due to Chelsea having 38 players out on loan the average age of their Every Fan Laughing trophy team was 18 and a half years. Five of the team that played Swindon were aged 16 or 17.

Boycott this farce!

No, I will be there.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":k0wtohxk said:

Boycott this farce!

This gets my vote.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i will be there and there is no way argyle can turn down £20,000.also worth bearing in mind that there is a trip to wembley at the end.i respect the passionate views of the "refuseniks"but james brent and the board are running the business of plymouth argyle.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Steve Evans":2lj7rqih said:
i will be there and there is no way argyle can turn down £20,000.also worth bearing in mind that there is a trip to wembley at the end.i respect the passionate views of the "refuseniks"but james brent and the board are running the business of plymouth argyle.

But, at the EFL meeting in May, the club voted against the idea of u23 teams taking part although they were out voted by other clubs.
As directed by the fans survey PAFC voted to return to the League One and League Two only format.

The club and the majority of Argyle fans don't want under-23/teenage teams taking part in the Checkatrade trophy.

May 11, 2008
Can't see a problem with the format. We should try and build on a successful summer for our young players by giving them a chance to play in competitive games

Mar 18, 2014
Now we're stuck with it, the club has to make the most they can from it. If the attendance was 10 the club would still have costs attached from staging the match.

Sep 25, 2010
Even though it is a first team game, DA has stated he will give his fringe players, much needed game time in a competitive fixture. What the hell is wrong with that.
Better then playing in a lower standard reserve league, where WE play in the main our young players.

People on here, are being a bit contradictory.