The Herald getting worse! | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

The Herald getting worse!

Jul 7, 2005
Reporter Stuart James reporting Argyle open their League One campaign in 18 days' time at Bristol Rovers!!

How do they do it?

Sep 23, 2014
plymouth
Greenheart":338ho270 said:
Reporter Stuart James reporting Argyle open their League One campaign in 18 days' time at Bristol Rovers!!

How do they do it?
Shocking, I buy the herald every day, out of habit more than anything. was always the place to find Argyle info. Now though PASOTI is ahead of the game.

Apr 30, 2017
Saw that... I am a massive fan of there Herald Daily Blog when run by either David Munday or Beren Cross. I will not read it when it is Stuart James, because there are more typos then you shake your stick at. Poor journalism from the lad, unfortantely that is the reason why many have problems with the Herald.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Sadly the 40s and 50s have gone. Back then one could use it for ass paper. :greensmile:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Last week they had a report on a funeral of a local guy who sadly died in a car accident. He was a Liverpool fan, the report said the Anfield anthem "You'll Never Walk Again" was played at the funeral.

Also, the online headlines for articles are now questions or answers to questions to entice people to click to read the article.... "how to buy tickets for Argyle’s return to Home Park" etc

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Pilgrim28":3rnyf6zp said:
Saw that... I am a massive fan of there Herald Daily Blog when run by either David Munday or Beren Cross. I will not read it when it is Stuart James, because there are more typos then you shake your stick at. Poor journalism from the lad, unfortantely that is the reason why many have problems with the Herald.

Typos!! It happens ;)

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
PL2 3DQ":3k1happm said:
Also, the online headlines for articles are now questions or answers to questions to entice people to click to read the article.... "how to buy tickets for Argyle’s return to Home Park" etc
That's now standard in Journalism. Especially for local papers.

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
The continual reloading pages have actually got so bad that I do not look online anymore... Grr!

Feb 18, 2016
davie nine":ikjpgcna said:
Pilgrim28":ikjpgcna said:

Typos!! It happens ;)

:)

Aug 2, 2011
The Herald cannot get worst it is already has the worst journalistic garbage available in the South West.

Stopping buying it and do not waste time trying to read it on line as all you get is page reloading and intrusive ads.

Although the grammar and spelling on PASOTI may not be perfect it is a more accurate and true reflection of Argyle events.

For me the sooner the Herald closes down the better.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
phil-thefluter24":3jxx8dhv said:
Take it proof readers are a thing of the past now? Once again we are brain washed into accepting sloppiness!

It's not a choice the Herald is making to do away with proof readers and sub editors, it's the economic reality. Likewise with the clickbait and social media oriented stories, they are a necessary evil that journalists are being told to produce along with their core work. Taking a pop at the younger members of staff isn't particularly pleasant, when they generally do a good job under very difficult circumstances. For example, Edd Moore was taking heavy criticism in the comments yesterday for a filler piece about the Bretonside development with a slightly misleading headline. Anyone who knows Edd and the Herald will know the superb work he did in covering Argyle's administration.

I still check out the website every day, and I find it the best way to keep up to date with general Plymouth news. The major issue I have is the full page ads. Surely there is a better way to show ads than to obscure the whole website. Yes, you install an adblocker but that means the Herald gets less money and the service gets even worse.

For me the sooner the Herald closes down the better.

:facepalm:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I agree, Biggs. If the Herald did close down, I think Argyle supporters, in particular, would realise what they were missing.
The Herald gives us far more positive publicity than the local TV channels.