Pitch Size | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Pitch Size

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
I don't know, but I see no reason that we'd change it. A narrower pitch suited our style of play last season and with the players we've signed I'm not expecting a massive change in that.

Oct 10, 2012
Did we have the narrowest pitch in the league last season?

Our home record last season was terrible - hopefully that changes!

May 8, 2011
Carlo":2yi9ka89 said:
Did we have the narrowest pitch in the league last season?

Our home record last season was terrible - hopefully that changes!

Our home record wasn't terrible, we had more wins and points than the year before and the last time we had more wins was 2003/4. The only difference last year was we didn't have many draws at home.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
We could ponder on whether we need more field behind the goal if wylde plays

May 26, 2015
I very much hope that the pitch is restored to its correct width and length. It should never have been tampered with. Can anybody tell me how it was laid out for the Cardiff friendly? Thanks

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
Adams has already said that the pitch stays the same size as last year.....narrower.

Dec 21, 2010
Like others have said, it may be my memory, but I'm sure that the pitch has contracted each year for the last few seasons. While the main playing surface is fantastic, I have a theory that the edges to the million pound pitch we never fully paid for because of administration, has suffered through understandably not receiving the expert after care from the company that provided it. I hope I'm wrong, or else we will be playing five a-side in twenty years time !

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
argyledad":1roxqhke said:
Like others have said, it may be my memory, but I'm sure that the pitch has contracted each year for the last few seasons. While the main playing surface is fantastic, I have a theory that the edges to the million pound pitch we never fully paid for because of administration, has suffered through understandably not receiving the expert after care from the company that provided it. I hope I'm wrong, or else we will be playing five a-side in twenty years time !

Considering the firm that originally laid the pitch has relaid it this year and also done the training pitches I don't think you are correct.

As to the pitch getting shorter - the goal post mounts were concreted in place before the original pitch laying - see GOS - so the pitch has had to remain the same length.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Whilst the football sometimes wasn't free flowing, our home 'form' last season was actually quite good despite most fans seeming to think it was terrible. We were better away from home obviously, but I'm pretty sure that our home form was the 3rd/4th best in the league, and I'm also pretty sure that we picked up more points at home than in any of our previous seasons dating back to the championship.