FA Youth Cup Third Round (Argyle win on penalties) | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

FA Youth Cup Third Round (Argyle win on penalties)

Jul 29, 2010
dunlop":1h951m32 said:
A Copy of this video should be sent to Gareth Southgate.
Nope. The fewer in the world of football that discover we've got a potentially great crop of kids on our hands the better, or they'll soon be cherry picked and off to waste away in the bowels of an academy somewhere.

Nothing to see here Gareth :shh:

Dec 17, 2005
Plymouth
Taken from Man City fans forum

john@staustell » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:49 am
We were going to go up to this but I'm glad we didn't. Home Park is not the warmest place at the best of times and the weather is obviously horrific. Despite being down here it's high on a hill and windy and definitely one of the colder grounds. And despite being on a hill it doesn't seem to drain, so God knows what it was like.

I'd like to put this catastrophe down to these conditions. This is the team that beat Napoli away etc and carries all before them, even without Foden.

They did lose at Shaktar though and they seem to be putting out younger and younger teams, with the expectation they keep winning. Is this complacency, or is the priority elsewhere than winning this trophy?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
He obviously hasn't visited since the new pitch was laid.

His last game was probably the Barnsley washout in the Championship... I can still remember the water coming up to my nether regions in Central Park.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Biggs":3g1zw3x3 said:
He obviously hasn't visited since the new pitch was laid.

His last game was probably the Barnsley washout in the Championship... I can still remember the water coming up to my nether regions in Central Park.

I remember when we played Swansea at home and Paulo Sousa called it a pig sty, he wasn't wrong at the time to be fair! Remember that game due to the odd ending, we got a penalty, Mackie took it, saved, ref ordered a retake, Damien Johnson took it, saved, and then scored from the rebound!

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Coldest most blustery ground I've ever been to was Stoke, 0 0 on a Tuesday, probably got frostbite that night.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Just watched a few clips of the penalty shoot out. Sad to see the majority of the Man City players just trudge straight off the pitch, the next generation of primaddona's, fair play to the one or two who did actually look gutted & then went over to shake hands with our lads.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
X Isle":2beuf8rz said:
dunlop":2beuf8rz said:
Nope. The fewer in the world of football that discover we've got a potentially great crop of kids on our hands the better, or they'll soon be cherry picked and off to waste away in the bowels of an academy somewhere.

Completely missed the point, that aside if you think premium and championship clubs are not aware of our youngsters you are completely wrong, i know of 3 Plymouth based scouts that are fully aware of the youth team and this is the second time in a couple of months i have seen George Foster at our youth games

Feb 28, 2016
X Isle":299gb4cm said:
dunlop":299gb4cm said:

We will waste them, I would welcome as many as possible getting away from here to clubs who will nurture their development off the back of this.

To be fair we are very strong defensively but I feel we do lack a goal threat, I would loved to have seen them come up against some of our recent prolific strikers; Fletcher, Battle, Vincent, Rooney I think everyone would have been going home just as happy but possible 3/4 hour earlier.

Interesting tweet from Jake Miller last night as well and I know a lot may think he is just being bitter but you need to remember Jake turned down an offer from Argyle, has got qualified and turned a passion into his own business. He is not someone who was released and now working cash in hand on a building site labouring. I applaud him as I think someone who has been through it needs to come out and call it for what it is.

All that said however perhaps this isn’t the thread for that, the boys all did everyone proud and it’s one of my proudest days as a fan, it really is great to see and I always thought with Cooper back in goal, any combination of our back four would be strong, Peck back and Rio starting I was confident we would do ourselves justice, even if I would only give us a 40% chance of actually winning. Soak it up and enjoy it boys, it may never get better.

As an aside I would put money on Mike Cooper playing for the England senior team in the next 15 years or so.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
I notice that Manchester City are top of the U18 league and that's despite their best U18's usually playing for the U23's instead. It mentions on the City site in a post from a few days ago that several of the players who were playing against us fell in to that category. So not only have our U18's beaten one of the best U18 sides in the country, but they've beaten half of one of the best U23 sides in the country.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
IJN":jrbj3hhl said:
I saw George Mike. Derby isn’t it?

Yep Coach Rd Gordon Bennett would not give Geoge a team sheet so Tony Wrathall gave him his team sheet.