Planning Permission Granted 13 votes to 0

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
saucer.jpg

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
gaspargomez":3hihiyjx said:
I am not at all surprised by the outcome, but history will show this to be another mistake by the Council. Had these proposals been assessed by independent professionals, rather than the Council, things might have been different.
:facepalm: There's always one isn't there? Hope to Christ we don't see the word 'imminent' raising its head again any time soon. :lol:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
gaspargomez":21u2wxk2 said:
I am not at all surprised by the outcome, but history will show this to be another mistake by the Council. Had these proposals been assessed by independent professionals, rather than the Council, things might have been different.
Did you consider going and expressing your concerns at the
Fans’ Forum or even applying to explain your objections at the Planning Committee meeting this afternoon?

You are entitled to your opinion, of course, but it would be interesting to know what problems
you believe that the independent professionals would have identified.

Jul 18, 2011
“Independent professionals”, that would be the planning officers who work for the council. As officers they provide that kind of advice to the members who then base their decision on the advice they receive as well as what they think themselves. If a plan is not up to scratch then it will not even get to meeting.

Decision made, let’s get this thing built.

C

Charles Plym

Brilliant news . Only reason to be upset would be if you had a personal grudge for whatever reason with the owner . No other explanation . As i dont im extatic:) GREEN ARMY !

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Good news indeed. Now just get it done Mr Brent, unlike several of your previous schemes and silence the doubters and cynics. I look forward to visiting Home Park and feeling we are finally moving into the 21st century.

Jan 27, 2012
Abbotts Ann Green":18op8hak said:
“Independent professionals”, that would be the planning officers who work for the council. As officers they provide that kind of advice to the members who then base their decision on the advice they receive as well as what they think themselves. If a plan is not up to scratch then it will not even get to meeting.

No, the Council's planning officers are not independent. They work for the councillors and are in direct communications with the applicants. Plus they are more inclined to do what is easy. The "path of least resistance" in this case was to recommend allowing.

By independent professionals, this may be the Planning Inspectorate who are truly independent- and I understand that they employ the most experienced/qualified planners and lawyers. But the proposal wasn't before them- it was in front of the city councillors who are just everyday folk (mostly pensioners) with opinions.

Anyhow- it doesn't really matter now. The application was approved, I accept that, and we move on.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

jerryatricjanner":1hazkogc said:
Good news indeed. Now just get it done Mr Brent, unlike several of your previous schemes and silence the doubters and cynics. I look forward to visiting Home Park and feeling we are finally moving into the 21st century.

Oh this (the stand revamp) will get done. No question. Hallett has funded it with the loan so there is absolutely no reason why it shouldn't.

Everything else in the planning application, is a totally different kettle of fish.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Abbotts Ann Green":3lap94ph said:

Exactly. It is not as if every Planning Officer in PCC's office are born within a mile of Home Park. They are not all men who are football fanatics, but guys and gals often originating from all over the UK, who have often studied for their MTPI and other essential qualifications, who may have holed out somewhere in West Devon or East Cornwall, having been successful at interview for a job in a planning office. Planning decisions are not based on whims, but the necessity to 'tick many boxes' , go ' through umpteen hoops' and be within Local Planning Policies.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Taxman Dave":3hj8nml8 said:
Disappointed, but not surprised by the outcome. I don’t think it is in the long term interests of the club. However it’s happening and look forward to moving on and getting the greens up the table!

Replace "Disappointed" with "Still have a few concerns" and this is pretty much me. The votes have taken place, and it's certainly a step forward for the club.

Congratulations to all involved.

Jul 18, 2011
gaspargomez":3176b1we said:
Abbotts Ann Green":3176b1we said:

No, the Council's planning officers are not independent. They work for the councillors and are in direct communications with the applicants. Plus they are more inclined to do what is easy. The "path of least resistance" in this case was to recommend allowing.

By independent professionals, this may be the Planning Inspectorate who are truly independent- and I understand that they employ the most experienced/qualified planners and lawyers. But the proposal wasn't before them- it was in front of the city councillors who are just everyday folk (mostly pensioners) with opinions.

Anyhow- it doesn't really matter now. The application was approved, I accept that, and we move on.

No, you are incorrect, it is a legal requirement that officers first responsibility is to PCC and the Council Tax payers and not councillors. You cannot do “what is easy” as legally you wouldn’t have a leg to stand on if you get something wrong, especially as local government is so risk averse these days. Councillors decide upon broad policy after taking recommendations from the people who actually know what they are doing. It used to make my day when I could explain to councillors why they could not do something....

E

Electronic

Very glad there has been no further hold up with the permission for the grandstand. No excuse for not getting it done ASAP now. Look forward to it.