Portsmouth Match Thread (starting on page 5) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Portsmouth Match Thread (starting on page 5)

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Really looking forward to tomorrow. Both Good football clubs, full of passionate fans who want to win. Think we stand a good chance tomorrow, 0-1. Jervis header on 41 minutes.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
ford hill POMPEY fan":kxcugff9 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4RelssL8hg

ha ha how did that pan out IJN...we have this
Oh, you went up? Congratulations, so did we. We also got a trophy, so we didn't even miss out on anything.

Meanwhile, you have no wins against us in the last five and only two wins in the last 11 meetings.

Apr 5, 2008
Despite Pompeys recent bad run against us,,you can get over 5/1 for Argyle to emerge victorious !

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
moles40":2cyjznkm said:
Despite Pompeys recent bad run against us,,you can get over 5/1 for Argyle to emerge victorious !
I've gone for both teams to score and Argyle win - 10/1.

chave

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Mar 15, 2017
Pompey fan here. Looking forward to renewing old-ish rivalries.

As has been said, we're massively inconsistent this year, although the we're also largely a better side than last year. Pitman being injured is a massive blow, as we've not won any game without him this season. Burgess being out is another big blow, as it means we're playing a centre-forward we signed from non-league this season at centre back. Kennedy is likely to be a danger man, although Bennett and/or Naismith may be preferred to him. Other than that Jamal Lowe, who we signed at the end of last season, has proved to be a great player this season on the right wing.

I'm expecting a great atmosphere today although, bearing in mind our last few meetings, im not confident we'll win.

Safe travels to anyone coming down today.

Oct 31, 2015
chave":ju8im76l said:
Pompey fan here. Looking forward to renewing old-ish rivalries.

As has been said, we're massively inconsistent this year, although the we're also largely a better side than last year. Pitman being injured is a massive blow, as we've not won any game without him this season. Burgess being out is another big blow, as it means we're playing a centre-forward we signed from non-league this season at centre back. Kennedy is likely to be a danger man, although Bennett and/or Naismith may be preferred to him. Other than that Jamal Lowe, who we signed at the end of last season, has proved to be a great player this season on the right wing.

I'm expecting a great atmosphere today although, bearing in mind our last few meetings, im not confident we'll win.

Safe travels to anyone coming down today.

Nice one mate.

Our signings have not beenso good and our start was v poor 2
1 x draw and 9 x defeats out of 10. Picked up well lately with only 1 x defeat sll be it a mawlimg.

Tactics will be park the bus and break if we get a chance so dont expect much flowing football. Danger men are probably Carey and Grant bur Songo at CB/CM is our stand out man. We are on our 5th Keeper as our 3 first team and tge reserve keeper are sll injured but Martin is also very good.

Always a great atmosphere at Fratten and HP when these two great sides clash. A win for the blue side I reckon but tgen again recently we have managed well away from home with smash and grab tactics:)

Mar 8, 2016
Argyle will try to frustrate the life out Pompey and we may even nick a goal against the run of play with our only shot on target. But Can't see anything other than a defeat as Portsmouth punish us for defending deep from the start. 3-1 portsmouth. 18k attendance, 2k in the away end.

Oct 24, 2010
I think we can expect a typical away performance, sit deep and absorb the pressure and look to get something on the break or from set plays. It's been very effective in the past so lets hope it works today. It will be a bit nerve wracking but hopefully we get the right result.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
esmer":2b8xjpd9 said:
I think we can expect a typical away performance, sit deep and absorb the pressure and look to get something on the break or from set plays. It's been very effective in the past so lets hope it works today. It will be a bit nerve wracking but hopefully we get the right result.

Just a typical performance not necessarily an away one.

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
You could make a case for any outcome today... I think over the last 5 games we've been 4th best in the league and could have been better if decisions had gone our way against Oxford. wouldn't surprise or disappoint if we come away with a point, tbh.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
5 pages by 1330??

Thought it was an early kick off