Have Faith! Its September. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Have Faith! Its September.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
The only straw I'm clutching at is that although we've been absolutely pony so far this season, we're still just a win away from being out of the relegation zone.

May 22, 2006
It's harder to have faith given our history of going 'pop; rather spectacularly when the going's good.

1970s:

Promoted!! (yay!)
Let's really try and stay in Div 2 this time! (great idea!)
Now let's sell Rafferty...(great! we can use the money to...)
...for next to nothing!!! (...wait, what?)
Guess we don't need Mariner either! (sigh)

1994:
Great season last season! (amazing football!)
So.many.goals (oh so many!)
We need to shore up the defence though!! (yeah let's do that!)
Peter Swan! (OK...)
He's coming here! (He doesn't seem too keen...)
We'll make him the lynchpin of our defence! (he really doesn't want to be here!)
What could possibly go wrong? (Oh I dunno, maybe he'll phone in every single performance, unsettle the dressing room and we end up losing 7-0 to Brentford? Something like that?)
NOW LET'S ALLOW OUR CHAIRMAN TO BECOME A SLIGHTLY INSANE EGOTISTICAL MANIAC (sigh)

2004-2010:
Promoted! (yes!)
Promoted again (double yes!!!)
Let's start spending some proper money now! (OK but let's not go mad)
Let's sign Taribo West! (Oh god)
More spending (Jesus dude, stop)
Borrow borrow borrow!! Spend, spend, spend!! (Are you mad?)
Let's sell all our best players and replace them with complete garbage!! (Are you f**king kidding me?)
World cup bid! (What???)
Let's put all our eggs in the world cup basket (all of them?)
ALL OF THEM. MORE EGGS. WE'LL BORROW OTHER PEOPLE'S EGGS, MORE THAN WE CAN EVER PAY BACK ORGANICALLY BUT IT'S OK BECAUSE PEOPLE WILL FLOCK TO WATCH CROATIA V URUGUAY AND THAT WILL PAY FOR ITSELF (I'm scared)
MORE EGGS. MORE SPENDING (RIP my club)
NOW LET'S PUT OUR SPENDING INTO OVERDRIVE WITH MPENZA AND MARIN (thoughts and prayers)
LET'S REMORTGAGE OUR MORTGAGE SO WE CAN TAKE OUT ANOTHER FIVE MORTGAGES AND MORTGAGE THE LOT ON THE WORLD CUP BID (that doesn't even make sense)

2017:
Promoted! (meh)
Now let's not bother signing any League 1 standard players! (oh i am surprised)
Now let's sign an unsettled Celtic striker with an attitude problem! (oh i didn't see that coming)
Let's keep playing a defensive formation and have a crap defence! (I don't even care any more)
Now let's have our lynchpin land one on a Doncaster player for no reason. (This repetitive futile tedium is a microcosm of life and the only way out is the sweet release of death. Plymouth Argyle is like some kind of Nietzschian existential nightmare)
Now let's build a new grandstand... (well that's promising, at least we can fill in the corners now!)
NO CORNERS! (I'm off to Bolitho Park, fk this team, fk this club, fk it all to Hades.)

Aug 13, 2011
I would have faith if we were losing narrowly but showing some promise. If you look at the fact we were at home in an important game but didn't have one shot in target in a match against a fellow promotion outfit adapting to new heights, losing 3-0 and that flattered us. Then it's reasonable to deduce there's something seriously awry. And it is that the players simply aren't good enough. So do I have faith? Well they need to get better players in before I have faith. If that answered the post negatively so be it. I am being realistic. We are playing too many players of league 2 standard in League 1 to just have blind faith.

May 1, 2011
X Isle":1x5p64iv said:
Bristol Rich":1x5p64iv said:
Knee jerk optimism is as bad as knee jerk sackings.
Erm, sorry? :shock:

How, without the aid of hallucinogenic substances, is it possible to make a sudden, random and uncontrolled lurch into optimism?

It may be pedantry but you can't get knee jerking optimism, you're either a naturally optimistic sort or you're not, it's just not a sudden and irrational onset affliction.

Anyways, moving on to the OP, how very dare he be positive :roll:

All is clearly not well at the moment (an early preview of the 10-15 game stock take there maybe? :lol:) but whilst it won't cure all in two games, getting away from Home Park is the very best place to be for any green shoots of recovery to emerge.

In our position now Wigan and Gas will come at us which, like it or loathe it, suits Derek's stubborn formation.

Away from what is rapidly becoming the cauldron of fear again the crowd monkey will be off the team's shoulders too.

Let us see what happens eh, instead of just assuming guaranteed failure.

It's quite simple, things are clearly very bad at the moment so instead o having a debate about what is wrong we launch into platitudes about how Derek can sort it out......Positivity with no logic behind it doesn't give us much realists much hope.

Let's see what happens indeed......

Oct 24, 2013
Steve Hiscott":wry8bh0l said:
Not saying we will but wouldn't it be just ( typical argyle ) if we went away to wigan on tuesday and grabbed a win.

Yes we can all admit our start to the season hasn't been a pleasant experience for all of us and everyone at the club.
But we must try and remain positive and try to support the lads and management as negative breeds,

A positive mental attitude is needed! it is only september.

We need to try and leave the politics behind and come together in times of need after all that is what support is all about, and everyone needs a bit of support at the moment.

Calling for adams is a massive mistake it is still only his first season at this level and trust me i have every faith that he will turn it around. The players are frustrated hence the cards.

I think we have all been fooled thinking that league 1 and 2 are familiar leagues and perhaps we all expected to do very well so perhaps expectation levels have been hit with a bump.

Our expectations as fans is to steady the ship to mid table safety and im sure this will be achieved this really must of been the case from the start. We got far too used to winning!

Derek Adams isn't a miracle worker but will try and work hard to try and solve the problems we are having on the pitch.

We still have january to write afew wrongs or try and bring in some players.

We all know and im sure the management knows that relegation will be a massive disappointment and must be avoided at all costs.

Besides that i feel too many teams are peaking far too early.

Let them all laugh at our expense its till only september.

But im sure we will have the last laugh :scarf:

Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen Armmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy!!

Very similar to a post I wrote on Friday. I commend it, but be prepared for some, including some who have already commented, to come at you post match slagging you off.

May 1, 2011
lyndhurst green":313xdycg said:
Steve Hiscott":313xdycg said:
Not saying we will but wouldn't it be just ( typical argyle ) if we went away to wigan on tuesday and grabbed a win.

Yes we can all admit our start to the season hasn't been a pleasant experience for all of us and everyone at the club.
But we must try and remain positive and try to support the lads and management as negative breeds,

We need to try and leave the politics behind and come together in times of need after all that is what support is all about, and everyone needs a bit of support at the moment.

Calling for adams is a massive mistake it is still only his first season at this level and trust me i have every faith that he will turn it around. The players are frustrated hence the cards.

I think we have all been fooled thinking that league 1 and 2 are familiar leagues and perhaps we all expected to do very well so perhaps expectation levels have been hit with a bump.

Our expectations as fans is to steady the ship to mid table safety and im sure this will be achieved this really must of been the case from the start. We got far too used to winning!

Derek Adams isn't a miracle worker but will try and work hard to try and solve the problems we are having on the pitch.

We all know and im sure the management knows that relegation will be a massive disappointment and must be avoided at all costs.

Very similar to a post I wrote on Friday. I commend it, but be prepared for some, including some who have already commented, to come at you post match slagging you off.

You'll be fine to post what you like as long as you don't lecture other fans on how to behave.

Oct 24, 2013
Bristol Rich":1kdx8mnu said:
lyndhurst green":1kdx8mnu said:
Steve Hiscott":1kdx8mnu said:

You'll be fine to post what you like as long as you don't lecture other fans on how to behave.

Your opinion, not shared by others. Let’s not go over this again.

May 1, 2011
lyndhurst green":111ieog0 said:
Bristol Rich":111ieog0 said:
lyndhurst green":111ieog0 said:
Steve Hiscott":111ieog0 said:

Stop bleating then. Sorry to break it to you but many fans didn't want lecturing.

Oct 24, 2013
Bristol Rich":2395s308 said:
lyndhurst green":2395s308 said:
Bristol Rich":2395s308 said:
lyndhurst green":2395s308 said:
Steve Hiscott":2395s308 said:

Stop bleating then. Sorry to break it to you but many fans didn't want lecturing.

BR, seriously, enough. It wasn’t intended as a lecture, more a rallying cry I guess. You didn’t agree with the content, you called me a sanctimonious green tint. You made your point. I have an opinion, you have yours. If we’d won yesterday, I’m pretty sure you would’ve let it be instead of continually laying into my post. Please respect that we have differing opions and move on.

May 1, 2011
lyndhurst green":3uilezb0 said:
Bristol Rich":3uilezb0 said:
Bristol Rich":3uilezb0 said:
Steve Hiscott":3uilezb0 said:

BR, seriously, enough. It wasn’t intended as a lecture, more a rallying cry I guess. You didn’t agree with the content, you called me a sanctimonious green tint. You made your point. I have an opinion, you have yours. Please respect that we have differing opions and move on.

More than what either of we think, I'm sure we can both agree we are very worried about these next 2 games. I am desperate for Adams to get 6 points and prove me wrong, especially living in Bristol. I really hope you can come on here next Saturday and give me some stick!

Oct 24, 2013
Bristol Rich":21la5d36 said:
lyndhurst green":21la5d36 said:

BR, seriously, enough. It wasn’t intended as a lecture, more a rallying cry I guess. You didn’t agree with the content, you called me a sanctimonious green tint. You made your point. I have an opinion, you have yours. Please respect that we have differing opions and move on.

More than what either of we think, I'm sure we can both agree we are very worried about these next 2 games. I am desperate for Adams to get 6 points and prove me wrong, especially living in Bristol. I really hope you can come on here next Saturday and give me some stick!

Agreed! We need a crappy goal off someone’s arse or something. A win could make such a difference and I hope you witness one at the Gas on Saturday.

Stevie Wotsa

✅ Evergreen
Nov 4, 2012
Devonport
6 points is alot to ask for, one win out of two would be good :thumbs: it's only a matter of time before our luck changes,

If we were here typing this over the winter ill be very worried.

Every team has there dip in form one of the reasons why we have managers to try and turn it around :greensmile:

Jul 12, 2016
Dip in form? I'd say more like a collapse. Seems like since Carey had an improved offer the team spirit has nosedived and whoever is coaching the players has lost the plot.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Steve Hiscott":3gm5jwmg said:
6 points is alot to ask for, one win out of two would be good :thumbs: it's only a matter of time before our luck changes,

If we were here typing this over the winter ill be very worried.

Every team has there dip in form one of the reasons why we have managers to try and turn it around :greensmile:

You seem to have a lot of blind optimism Steve.
If the problem is luck, then yes things might improve. Unfortunately I think the problems are deeper rooted than that.