AFT statement on HHP development and **new update 19th Sept* | Page 36 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

AFT statement on HHP development and **new update 19th Sept*

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
Why is there so much politics about the grandstand Revamp

Let's get it done and have a grandstand to be proud of

It's 15 years since Phase 1 was completed

Plans look great and hopefully get planning permission

Time to kick on & get it done :thumbs:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Hubble":3nisdpcc said:
jimsing":3nisdpcc said:
The food outlets will not be takeaway.

There will be no competition with Argyle outlets.

Pasoti speculation does not make Pasoti fact. Stop it.
Stop What? So the new restaurants will not allow sit down meals like the football club does before matches? There are only so many fans looking for a full meal before a match.

That will mean standards will remain high. High standards mean the numbers looking to eat properly before a match will increase.

Jan 27, 2012
IJN":3rkbu25v said:
NorfolkGreen":3rkbu25v said:
What constitutes strong? Someone earlier mentioned 58 for and 38 against had emailed the planning department, is it those 58 that strong support refers?

60 to 38 now and some of the objectors don't object to all and some of the approvers don't approve of all.

Its not a vote, its down to the planning merits of the case.

1 letter of objection making a valid point can outweigh 100 letters of support making less relevant points.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
GreenArmy1984":2ouoxypj said:
Why is there so much politics about the grandstand Revamp

Let's get it done and have a grandstand to be proud of

It's 15 years since Phase 1 was completed

Plans look great and hopefully get planning permission

Time to kick on & get it done :thumbs:

Around the Grandstand refurb, there isn't. Actually it's the one aspect the fan base appears to be united on. The bit that actually relates to the football club.

Aug 7, 2008
Devon
This is utterly ridiculous who the hell do the AFT think they are?? Finally some good news to come out of Home Park yet some backward, grumpy, middle aged janners have voted against it. Typical Plymouth mentality rejecting change - what a joke.

C

CADMAN

Lundan Cabbie":2kdc65u0 said:
Hubble":2kdc65u0 said:
jimsing":2kdc65u0 said:
The food outlets will not be takeaway.

There will be no competition with Argyle outlets.

Pasoti speculation does not make Pasoti fact. Stop it.
Stop What? So the new restaurants will not allow sit down meals like the football club does before matches? There are only so many fans looking for a full meal before a match.

That will mean standards will remain high. High standards mean the numbers looking to eat properly before a match will increase.
Can't really see it myself cabbie. Let's hope your rigbt and I'm wrong.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Mr Tide, you are being sooo naive.

If there was no hybrid, they'd still object, but it would be something else. As sure as night follows day.

Sep 20, 2003
I let my membership of the Trust lapse a long time ago when it became obvious that some of the board where there not for the fans but just to be obstructive. I truly believe they were anti JB due to his background.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
IJN":353d69ay said:
Mr Tide, you are being sooo naive.

If there was no hybrid, they'd still object, but it would be something else. As sure as night follows day.

Maybe, but they wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

The current planning application on the other hand is kinda a big deal and project, there's plenty of valid arguments to be against it. Plenty for too.

May 8, 2011
So the main objection is the building of some offices on HHP which currently have on it offices that will be demolished, hardly a change of use on the site when you think about it.

Jun 28, 2011
Plymouth
HC Green":1pesr9e2 said:
So the main objection is the building of some offices on HHP which currently have on it offices that will be demolished, hardly a change of use on the site when you think about it.

Suggest you look at the plans. The offices concerned are not located on HHP but on the other side of the Life Centre along with a hotel, vets, cafe and parking spaces.

G

Greenskin

GreenArmy1984":1smh1yft said:
What amazes me Torquay United & Exeter City can get new stadium development completed & In progress while we are dealing with all the politics of the world with ours

Let's get it done :thumbs:

Incredible innit. And, cynical old me to the fore, if previous form is anything to go by both in Plymouth and the wider area, not a brick of this proposed development will be laid any time soon.

BTW, amid the maelstrom of "arguments" currently being traded around the bazaars, has any concrete [excuse the unintended pun] evidence materialised about how this is going to be funded, apart from Mr Hallett's loan? Seem to recall that the funding issue for the previous HHP proposal was always a bit cloudy too. May have missed something, would be grateful for any info.

May 8, 2011
Greenskin":2m40nog8 said:
GreenArmy1984":2m40nog8 said:
What amazes me Torquay United & Exeter City can get new stadium development completed & In progress while we are dealing with all the politics of the world with ours

Let's get it done :thumbs:

Incredible innit. And, cynical old me to the fore, if previous form is anything to go by both in Plymouth and the wider area, not a brick of this proposed development will be laid any time soon.

BTW, amid the maelstrom of "arguments" currently being traded around the bazaars, has any concrete [excuse the unintended pun] evidence materialised about how this is going to be funded, apart from Mr Hallett's loan? Seem to recall that the funding issue for the previous HHP proposal was always a bit cloudy too. May have missed something, would be grateful for any info.

Exeter City's development is being funded by the City Council, the landlords of the ground from the sale of land behind the Big Bank to developers to build student flats. I'm sure everyone would be happy for some sort of development on HHP to fund the Grandstand oh sorry they weren't!

Talk about a ground being hemmed in!