Well Done Nathan Blissett | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Well Done Nathan Blissett

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
Tough game, physically strong side. First half the formation did not work vs Southend. Great change by Adams going 4-4-2 in second half.

Second half, Blissett looked a different player with a partner up alongside him (8 out of 10 second half vs 6 out of 10 first half) . He held the ball up well and won more than his share of the of ball, plus he had 2 very good low hard shots making the keeper work. I thought he did very well second half. He has coped a bit of criticism but today if I was a Southend fan I would have been worried everytime the ball went up to our big lads Blissett and Jervis.

Another good game, different from Charlon and Peteborough but very good. Carey was deined by brilliant save at end.

Nice work Argyle we are adapting well.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Food for thought

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I'll admit I'd have taken him off second half and moved Jervis upfront and Ainsworth wide right.

Jul 6, 2011
Tugboat":1nl70ppq said:
I'll admit I'd have taken him off second half and moved Jervis upfront and Ainsworth wide right.

Jervis on his own up front is 80% of the time a disaster.

E

Electronic

Thought Blissett played well all game. Had a thankless task first half but still created our best chance without any help. Played well v Charlton too. Has good feet for a big man.

Mar 23, 2008
Think there's a player there but needs to show more aggression for a big man. That said he does offer good nuisance value and occupy defenders, with him alongside JJ, Edwards and Bradley we have some serious height for set pieces.

Dec 2, 2010
Chest control was excellent, and I liked the way he battled when his touch sometimes let him down. Should have probably put his best chance away in second half and unfortunate a cross from JJ wasn't quite good enough when he'd got in a great position.

Definitely want him as an option on bench if not starting.

Jan 29, 2010
Electronic":1wpp1j9s said:
Thought Blissett played well all game. Had a thankless task first half but still created our best chance without any help. Played well v Charlton too. Has good feet for a big man.

Agree 100%, won almost every header, held the ball up well but in the first half was far too isolated. No surprise things started to happen when we pushed someone up with him. Had 2 or 3 decent chances, one created out of nothing but his own hard work and persistence. Should probably have shot when he tried laying it off to Sarcevic about the only thing he did wrong. Put in a real shift and with a bit of luck the goals will come for him. Never going to be prolific but a vital player when getting the ball up field

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
The comments above highlight the fact that he struggles in Adams' favoured formation but is good in the plan B role. Unless Adams gets someone else in quick then maybe plan B needs to become Plan A.

Aug 3, 2017
Mark Pedlar":3bccnrbo said:
The comments above highlight the fact that he struggles in Adams' favoured formation but is good in the plan B role. Unless Adams gets someone else in quick then maybe plan B needs to become Plan A.

One thing I liked about DA early last season is the fact he knew the team had flexibility and would go through 2 or 3 formations by half time to keep the opponent guessing. At least that is what it seemed like he was doing until it all became 4-2-3-1 until that doesn't work, then plan B. Either way we got the results that got us promoted so...

Bliss clearly needs to learn the lone striker role but in a way I'm glad he came out a different beast in a different formation. We are all (me especially) to eager to criticise rather than praise and his contribution today deserves that. Thankless first half task on a pitch not good enpugh to host professional football. The support he got in the second half really let him show what he can do. Hopefully more time like that 2nd half to come from him!

Mar 23, 2008
I have great faith in our coaches who I'm sure are working hard with Blissett, especially Brew but as one of the best exponents of player the lone striker role, who played internationally and in the premier league plus just happens to be an Argyle legend lives on the doorstep - worth getting Trigger in? I know he's not a coach and a good player doesn't always make a good coach but surely he could help him with things like positioning, using his body, etc. Trigger wasn't the biggest for a target man but was so streetwise and had that knack of being a pain for defenders and won us many crucial free kicks.

E

Electronic

mongoose_jnr":243lm1op said:
Electronic":243lm1op said:

Agree 100%, won almost every header, held the ball up well but in the first half was far too isolated. No surprise things started to happen when we pushed someone up with him. Had 2 or 3 decent chances, one created out of nothing but his own hard work and persistence. Should probably have shot when he tried laying it off to Sarcevic about the only thing he did wrong. Put in a real shift and with a bit of luck the goals will come for him. Never going to be prolific but a vital player when getting the ball up field

Actually felt he made the right decision when laying it off to Sarcevic as the shot option had been closed down. Noticed Sarcevic giving him pelters for it and felt it was harsh. Possibly should be analysing his own limitations before doing that?