Will Carey Stay? | Page 55 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Will Carey Stay?

Where do you think GC10 will be in season 2017/2018?

• Argyle

Votes: 104 41.3%
  • Sheffield United

Votes: 73 29.0%
  • Wigan

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Portsmouth

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Sheffield Wednesday

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Bradford

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Millwall

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Norwich

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Cardiff

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Another club not mentioned above

Votes: 27 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 13, 2009
Nobody's got a scooby doo but all logic says he's gone.
1. Has not signed new contract
2. Almost certainly has been offered a higher wage than Argyle can pay with, one would assume, a signing on fee elsewhere.
3. Various utterances on social media and from Argyle (Hallett)
4. Any move would be closer to his home.
5. The chance to play at a higher standard than he currently is.

Nope, he's a Gooner, sorry goner (oops that's another club to link him with!!)

Jul 29, 2010
Ade the green":uv7y3q1w said:
X Isle":uv7y3q1w said:
..the glass completely empty view was brought to you by Hamlet, the mild cigar from Benson & Hedges.

(CUE THE MUSIC...)

So because you think it might still happen you have to knock others opinions.

If we both took opposing views you'd accuse me of having my head buried in the sand. If you can't see the writings on the wall well.......

I'll tell you the worse case scenario, say he doesn't get the move he craves, will we then have a player that doesn't want to be here with a grudge and just going through the motions?

I've given reasons for thinking what I think whereas all you've given is your opinion.
Yep, in my opinion you are the sort of individual who would gaze out upon a Capability Brown landscape and complain about a fox turd half a mile in the distance.

You're LOOKING for the impending disaster so fervently that you're seeing things that aren't actually there. Carey will either stay or go, the thought that he'd resign here just to pick up a wage is just laughable, as is the thought he won't have any other offers to consider. But indulging the fantasy for a second If he wants out he will remain a free agent until he finds something suitable.

What made my eyes roll the most in your manifesto of doom though was the Derek Adams is plotting his departure too line. Who is signing all these players, on whose approval, who have Argyle lined up that is giving the green light to these players? And where is he going anyway, only Middlesbrough have a vacancy?

You have your opinions, I have mine. I apply logic to mine, it doesn't appear from this vantage point you do the same. From your posting history I feel it's fair to label you a glass half full sort and your post this morning just says to me you had a particularly bad nights sleep on top of that too.

There is no basis whatsoever to suppose our manager is leaving us on the eve of the season. It could happen, ultimately anything could happen, but there is no actual evidence apparent, you're looking for it, you're looking really hard for it, but it isn't there.

Jan 3, 2013
X Isle":21tsl19e said:
Ade the green":21tsl19e said:
X Isle":21tsl19e said:
..the glass completely empty view was brought to you by Hamlet, the mild cigar from Benson & Hedges.

(CUE THE MUSIC...)

If we both took opposing views you'd accuse me of having my head buried in the sand. If you can't see the writings on the wall well.......

I'll tell you the worse case scenario, say he doesn't get the move he craves, will we then have a player that doesn't want to be here with a grudge and just going through the motions?

I've given reasons for thinking what I think whereas all you've given is your opinion.
Yep, in my opinion you are the sort of individual who would gaze out upon a Capability Brown landscape and complain about a fox turd half a mile in the distance.

You're LOOKING for the impending disaster so fervently that you're seeing things that aren't actually there. Carey will either stay or go, the thought that he'd resign here just to pick up a wage is just laughable, as is the thought he won't have any other offers to consider. But indulging the fantasy for a second If he wants out he will remain a free agent until he finds something suitable.

What made my eyes roll the most in your manifesto of doom though was the Derek Adams is plotting his departure too line. Who is signing all these players, on whose approval, who have Argyle lined up that is giving the green light to these players? And where is he going anyway, only Middlesbrough have a vacancy?

You have your opinions, I have mine. I apply logic to mine, it doesn't appear from this vantage point you do the same. From your posting history I feel it's fair to label you a glass half full sort and your post this morning just says to me you had a particularly bad nights sleep on top of that too.

There is no basis whatsoever to suppose our manager is leaving us on the eve of the season. It could happen, ultimately anything could happen, but there is no actual evidence apparent, you're looking for it, you're looking really hard for it, but it isn't there.
glass half empty surely? Half full is an optimist

Sep 6, 2006
X Isle":3tn1wng0 said:
Ade the green":3tn1wng0 said:
X Isle":3tn1wng0 said:

(CUE THE MUSIC...)

Interesting that. Somebody disagrees with you therefore their argument is not 'logical' whereas yours is of course. Not arrogant in the least. :facepalm:

And IMO, if Adams goes it wont be the end of the world anyway. We may not be any more successful but we might make more of an effort to play positive attractive football. I'd rather we kept Carey.

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Balham_Green":362aoorl said:
X Isle":362aoorl said:
Ade the green":362aoorl said:
X Isle":362aoorl said:

(CUE THE MUSIC...)

Interesting that. Somebody disagrees with you therefore their argument is not 'logical' whereas yours is of course. Not arrogant in the least. :facepalm:

And IMO, if Adams goes it wont be the end of the world anyway. We may not be any more successful but we might make more of an effort to play positive attractive football. I'd rather we kept Carey.
BG you'll get hammered for saying that! I agree though.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
X Isle":3c2m5cf3 said:
Ade the green":3c2m5cf3 said:
X Isle":3c2m5cf3 said:

(CUE THE MUSIC...)

From your posting style I'd say that you are obtuse and set yourself against the majority position to make it seem like your a great thinker.

As for sleepless nights, on the contrary, as I'm working nights and have been for the last 2 weeks I stand a good chance of being sacked if I should succumb. I've not had any sleepless days except that I'm up 'early' today as it was my last night thanks.

Jul 29, 2010
Balham_Green":2xkofzvd said:
X Isle":2xkofzvd said:
Ade the green":2xkofzvd said:
X Isle":2xkofzvd said:

(CUE THE MUSIC...)

Show me the logic, the rational evidence based arguement to say the manager is about to jump ship then...

If there's any arrogance, your word, not mine, then it is an arrogance based on being right far more often than not. The track record of the merchants of doom over the last few years on the other hand has been pitiful.

Jul 29, 2010
Ade the green":17ig2r3o said:
X Isle":17ig2r3o said:
Ade the green":17ig2r3o said:
X Isle":17ig2r3o said:

(CUE THE MUSIC...)

From your posting style I'd say that you are obtuse and set yourself against the majority position to make it seem like your a great thinker.

As for sleepless nights, on the contrary, as I'm working nights and have been for the last 2 weeks I stand a good chance of being sacked if I should succumb. I've not had any sleepless days except that I'm up 'early' today as it was my last night thanks.
Ah yes, nights, the very pinnacle of an environment for clear and rational thought :funny:

My posting style is for others to judge, I couldn't give a fig. What I have found though is that my steady eddie pragmatism, the logical 'middle way' has always put me at odds with both ends of the tint spectrum. To a merchant of doom I'm a green tint, to a green tint i'm a merchant of doom. T'was ever thus but I just stay the same.

Any hoots, i'm having a lovely walk on the north cornish coast. As much as i'm sure you'd rather I fell off I will be back to the holiday let later at which point I am entirely confident Argyle's universe will not have imploded.

If in the meantime you would like to furnish us all with the answer to the question I put to BG above then feel free.

Show me the logic....

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
What a cracking thread this has become - 64 pages and counting & rapidly turning into a classic …….. rumour, counter rumour, counter-counter rumour, half-heard radio broadcasts, ‘in-the-know’ cryptic clues, weird Facetw@tter links, paranoia, depression and X-isle in full cry proclaiming what a moderate fellow he really is :D ………….. no wonder GC10 hasn’t signed for anyone he’s probably having a right laugh at us.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
X Isle":3cm187eb said:
Ade the green":3cm187eb said:
Ade the green":3cm187eb said:

(CUE THE MUSIC...)

Ah yes, nights, the very pinnacle of an environment for clear and rational thought :funny:

My posting style is for others to judge, I couldn't give a fig. What I have found though is that my steady eddie pragmatism, the logical 'middle way' has always put me at odds with both ends of the tint spectrum. To a merchant of doom I'm a green tint, to a green tint i'm a merchant of doom. T'was ever thus but I just stay the same.

Any hoots, i'm having a lovely walk on the north cornish coast. As much as i'm sure you'd rather I fell off I will be back to the holiday let later at which point I am entirely confident Argyle's universe will not have imploded.

If in the meantime you would like to furnish us all with the answer to the question I put to BG above then feel free.

Show me the logic....

Based on recent events. I myself have come to the belief that DA did in fact put himself forward for the Aberdeen job, only for that opportunity for him to return to manage in Scotland be denied by the Aberdeen manager deciding to stay put and the obvious beligerence of the Dons fans. I then believe his agent made a denial in fact to the relevant people but as yet, have you seen DA deny he was interested?

You please tell me, without saying he'd turn down more money to stay at Argyle because he likes it here (as this was poo poo'd by his daughter apparently not once but twice) and whilst you don't hold any truck with social media it has been proven to be used sometimes when someone in the public eye wishes to pronounce his/her displeasure at any given time.

Where is your 'absolute logic' that he even wants to stay? BTW, I did listen to the entire two Mikes show because there had supposedly been a u-turn from him but nothing (the joys of a night shift).

Aug 11, 2013
This has gone off topic but I do not believe that either Adams nor his Agent spoke to that Scottish reporter. Simply the reporter making something up.

"It is understood that Derek Adams is interested in signing Ronaldo." There - its as easy as that to make up a story ...

I think Derek has more class than that - It just doesn't fit the way he goes about his business - he's the complete opposite - absolutely secrecy seems more his style as has been all too apparent since he's been here. Nothing leaks. The story was nonsense. Adams may well have been interested but I've no doubt he kept that to himself.

I just wanted to say I enjoy all the posts on here. I don't always agree with them. I'm particularly fond of X'y's style. I don't always agree with him but I do like his prose. I like the half glass full people. I admire the green tints. I love the rants. The put downs the banter. I just love visiting this site. God forbid we ever all start agreeing - game over.

I've suffered another feeling of deflation though as this topic is still unchanged .... :(

Jul 21, 2016
Ave_IT":2onu5nh0 said:
What a cracking thread this has become - 64 pages and counting & rapidly turning into a classic …….. rumour, counter rumour, counter-counter rumour, half-heard radio broadcasts, ‘in-the-know’ cryptic clues, weird Facetw@tter links, paranoia, depression and X-isle in full cry proclaiming what a moderate fellow he really is :D ………….. no wonder GC10 hasn’t signed for anyone he’s probably having a right laugh at us.

If he is laughing his head off then surely he should sign a new contract just for the comedy factor!

Leo's Grandad

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
Benji85":23zs9npr said:
Ave_IT":23zs9npr said:

If he is laughing his head off then surely he should sign a new contract just for the comedy factor!

Or rumour he is going to stay and then walk off to another club last minute

Status
Not open for further replies.