Will Carey Stay? | Page 54 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Will Carey Stay?

Where do you think GC10 will be in season 2017/2018?

• Argyle

Votes: 104 41.3%
  • Sheffield United

Votes: 73 29.0%
  • Wigan

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Portsmouth

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Sheffield Wednesday

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Bradford

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Millwall

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Norwich

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Cardiff

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Another club not mentioned above

Votes: 27 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
Guess we'll know for certain within a week as players return for pre-season. Had accepted he was leaving earlier in the week after SkyNets post but nothing happening since then is bringing the damn hope back again.

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
jimsing":3vjp9nii said:
Chill out fellas.

Take it for granted that he's gone.

If he does go, we'll be pretty chilled out about it already.

If he stays, it'll be like a new signing again.

Either way, the wait will soon be over!

That's how I see it as well

May 8, 2011
Most likely he won't be back for pre season training as he will stay in Scotland taking paternity leave.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
arrythewurzel":lhkls85l said:
Am I the only loon who comes on here several times a day hoping the thread is going to read 'Graham Carey re-signed (confirmed)'? If you're reading this Graham can you please put us all out of our misery one way or another as I for one am getting cheesed off with the the constant feeling of deflation I've experienced at least 5 times a day since the end of the season! It's driving me nuts.
No - you're certainly not the only one :sad:

In my opinion, the two major draws that could tempt Carey away from Home Park next season are:

1) A move to play a higher level of football.
Either in the Championship or at one of the Top 3 Scottish Clubs (Celtic, Rangers Aberdeen). This is what I think he is holding out for. A sideways move to another League 1 Club would be risky, gambling a key role at Argyle to become the new boy warming the bench at one of the more established clubs hoping to be at the top (i.e. Wigan, Bradford, Blackburn) - whilst playing in exactly the same league.

2) A move "up north" to be closer to home.
It's no secret Graham has a young family and has headed back up to Scotland over the summer. With his partner expecting in just over a weeks time, I don't expect to hear any news until after then - no chance if I had a child due in 10 days time I'd be going anywhere in a hurry. If they see Glasgow as the area they wish to bring up their family, we could see a Carl McHugh-esque move to any of the SPL clubs, despite teams like Motherwell probably now a step down from Argyle (Tanner not wanted by Argyle but snapped up at Motherwell, Ainsworth turning down a contract to sign for us).

The more northern the club rumoured, the more likely it may be (Middlesborough with the Gary Monk / Monkee's rumour worry me more than Pompey or Cardiff). However even Sheffield is a long old poke to Glasgow with a 5 hour drive. Unless a Championship club swoop in over the next week or so, I think Carey's best option is to stick with Argyle and a manager he knows and trusts, with the prospect of helping us back into the championship as the star man.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
IF the comments made by his daughter previously that he doesn't like Plymouth and doesn't want to play for us next season are to be found true, they show a mindset determined to leave us regardless and some on here need to prepare themselves for disappointment.

IF the comments by Simon Hallett at the senior greens (i believe) meeting earlier are to be considered when he said (in past tense) "we've done what we could" can be believed than some on here need to stop persecuting themselves.

Maybe he's fallen out with DA, it wouldn't be the first time any boss/employee relationship has broken down. Maybe he hasn't fallen out with DA and at the moment our manager is working his way to leave after being too hasty in signing a four year extension on his contract.

this thread and the thread on DA makes me wonder whether our success last year was built on sand, a house of cards and unfortunately the sands have run out and the house is about to fall.

Does anyone on here truly KNOW what is on the minds of either DA or GC and anything else is conjecture, bollox or winding up.

Jul 29, 2010
..the glass completely empty view was brought to you by Hamlet, the mild cigar from Benson & Hedges.

(CUE THE MUSIC...)

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
X Isle":3u024f3z said:
..the glass completely empty view was brought to you by Hamlet, the mild cigar from Benson & Hedges.

(CUE THE MUSIC...)

So because you think it might still happen you have to knock others opinions.

If we both took opposing views you'd accuse me of having my head buried in the sand. If you can't see the writings on the wall well.......

I'll tell you the worse case scenario, say he doesn't get the move he craves, will we then have a player that doesn't want to be here with a grudge and just going through the motions?

I've given reasons for thinking what I think whereas all you've given is your opinion.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
IF he doesn't want to be here, he wont be... simples. He isn't contracted to us so their is no reason for him to be here against his wishes next season "going through the motions". Ultimately he will get a better financial package somewhere else, IF he is unhappy here he wouldn't sign a new contract, he would take a contract elsewhere and wait for his preferred move to materialise.

Mar 14, 2009
German Shepherd":3vooco9s said:
So, without having to trawl through 63 pages & just having to read the last couple of posts I can see nobody's got a Scooby Doo !

What's worrying is how this thread has gone, especially the last couple of pages :facepalm:

We gone from will he, wont he, to now what was on a you tube video with his daughter and whether he likes Plymouth or not....seriously.....

I think I now understand why twitter is as bad as it is if this is how people "discuss" things.....

Everything in football is now a bland PR exercise. The same lines are rolled out by whatever manager/player suddenly joins the club. For example, when players are here, Argyle is the best club with the best fans. Plymouth is a great place to live...blah blah blah....then the players leave and the above sentence is rolled out except that all that changes is Argyle for whatever club they join.

I don't want him to go but common sense tells you that if he is ambitious and wants to play at the highest level possible, that he can, then he needs to leave Argyle. Football is a short career. There is no loyalty in football anymore. If you believe there is your just kidding yourself. Its the way the game has gone with 100 million pound transfer being talked about as realistic investments. So he should grab whatever money that comes his way and play for a team at with slightly better realistic aims for the current season than Argyle. If he doesn't, he might never find out just how good a player he is, if he doesn't test himself at a level most feel he should be at.

Oh and I seriously don't care if he likes Plymouth or not. The fact he moved down here in the first place shows us he came because of the football. Whether he liked Plymouth as a city/area never affected his performances on the pitch. I mean if you ever been to Luton, you will find parts of that are a dump. I'm sure there are some Luton players who don't like the town. Yet it hasn't stopped people from joining that club.

Status
Not open for further replies.