Blissett -Where is he | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Blissett -Where is he

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Mark Pedlar":lby78npk said:
samjones":lby78npk said:
If he isn't fit now he never will be. He has had plenty of time to get up to speed

I think you'll find that professional sports fitness has moved on quite a bit in recent years. There is various stages of fitness and whilst a player can get fit to play quite quickly he will be a long way behind players who have a had a full pre-season and then a regular series of training sessions and/or games. In my mind it's what has made Sarcevic's start so promising.

Yes, but...

His fitness may have been an issue, but as he has only been used a a substitute, how much fitness does he need? In fact, he seems to have dropped off the subs list for recent games. It seems rather odd.

May 3, 2009
perlymuff
Think Adams will look to move him out in the summer. Gonna go down as one of his few transfer market mistakes. It happens, not every transfer works out as we'd hope

Mar 23, 2008
I think its always good to have a big man on the bench as an option, especially someone with pace and power to unsettle a defence and that's what either Arnie to Blissett offer.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Deacster":3mbhmtx8 said:
I think its always good to have a big man on the bench as an option, especially someone with pace and power to unsettle a defence and that's what either Arnie to Blissett offer.

I think he is being looked at as a cheap replacement insurance to cover Brunty should he ultimately fail to fully recover from his serious injury.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
NLM FC":2ho3143m said:
Think Adams will look to move him out in the summer. Gonna go down as one of his few transfer market mistakes. It happens, not every transfer works out as we'd hope

According to most websites Blissett has a contract at Argyle until June 2018 and with him being the first player Adams has ever paid a transfer fee for I doubt Adams would sign him for £15,000 only to release him five months later and pay up his contract.

I think he'll be with us next season but might go out on loan until January.
But he (and Sokolik and Sarcevic) hasn't had a pre-season under Adams so once Blissett is fully fit to Adams' standards we might see a better player plus height and pace are good attributes to have in any league.

I would guess a lot of players sign for Argyle because they know Adams has a very good track record of improving players, most of the current team are in the best form of their careers so far.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
He's scored 2 vital goals for us and has been impressive whenever he's played.

Think there's plenty of potential there following a full pre season.

Feb 2, 2007
He has improved since the Yeovil game when he wasn't bad playing the lone role, to be fair. His fitness looks better although not perfect but he won about 90% of his headers against the central defenders when he came on today, which is a great effort. He needs to work on the direction of his knock downs and also his playing percentage passes as there were a couple of times he almost had too much time and messed up his distribution on possible breakaways. Overall though Derek has done well to get him in, reminds me of Brunt and will be a great understudy and support to Taylor!

Aug 7, 2010
Blisett has certainly been taking his chances when coming on, a few times now he has proved to be a game changer. Clearly has good pace and excellent aerial ability, I would like to see him be offered a contract for league one.