Which Opposition Player? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Which Opposition Player?

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
For me, we don't have a marshall in central midfield. We have enough quality, but not someone who can pick the side up, lead by example and drive them on from that position so that Tuesday nights will never be the same again. And that player should be the captain.

I haven't really seen anyone in League Two that stands out in this regard (whilst also having the necessary footballing qualities).

Of League Two players overall, I was impressed with a couple of the Stevenage youngsters at HP, but would have Hylton above any of our forwards.

Sep 23, 2014
plymouth
Frank_Butcher":1s5mkvli said:
For me, we don't have a marshall in central midfield. We have enough quality, but not someone who can pick the side up, lead by example and drive them on from that position so that Tuesday nights will never be the same again. And that player should be the captain.

I haven't really seen anyone in League Two that stands out in this regard (whilst also having the necessary footballing qualities).

Of League Two players overall, I was impressed with a couple of the Stevenage youngsters at HP, but would have Hylton above any of our forwards.

well said our midfield sometimes gets over run because we are not quick enough. most of the sides in league 2 have speedy players in midfield, captain should be in midfield, and our players are very quiet when thing start going wrong

Feb 2, 2007
Knibbsworth":193hcmyk said:
I thought Hylton left them?
Similar situation to Reuben- they offered him average terms and Luton offered more. If they had really wanted to they would have offered him better terms.

Apr 4, 2015
watkins because he has the ability to play at a much higher level i think and Hylton for that goalscoring striker we are missing.

Nov 2, 2004
Ben Kennedy from Stevenage was easily the best opposition player I have seen at Argyle.He is only 20yrs and looks a brilliant prospect.

Aug 5, 2016
Watkins would have to be my nomination, factoring in age, potential etc. Such a quality young player, but hardly realistic.

In terms of a player who we could nab and directly improve the side, it would have to be Hylton.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Signing Matt Kennedy on a permanent is a non-starter but a season long loan may be possible. I'd sign that bloke Carey.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Not suggesting we sign him but I thought Nicky Adams (10) was excellent when we played Carlisle, didn't see him mentioned anywhere on here or anywhere else.
Looked to have the lot, we beat them well but he gave a good impersonation of one of those:
'Ok guys, I'll play them on my own!' games.

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
Whilst Hylton has scored a hatful of goals I wonder what his impact in the dressing room would be...he has form with Luke and is an abrasive sort....I wonder if Adams would disrupt the dressing room for the promise of a few goals.

If we are talking strikers the the obvious shouts for me are Akinde and Godden who both offer something different to what we have already.

Other players I liked were Kennedy and Cowans ( Stevenage although Cowans on loan from Villa) and as I think we need new full backs Jacobsen of Wycombe....solid defensively, trappy which I think we lack, and a dozen assists already from a season disrupted by injury....takes a wicked corner as we know to our cost.

However maybe the question should be which L1 player would we want to bring in...on current form I wouldn't be averse to Mendez Lang of Rochdale

Aug 24, 2011
Can't believe no one has mentioned john akinde. Serious goal scorer at this level and has proven it over 2 seasons now.

Sep 2, 2008
Enzio Boldewijn - guy had pace to burn and was strong with it. Put in a decent team and he will flourish. First year in English football I think so not really set the league alight but he will be mustard next season