Westley post match | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Westley post match

May 16, 2016
Either Westley is someone trying to live up to his "image" , a bit like some of the posters on here do, or he really doesn't see himself as others do and is that ignorant.

Sep 8, 2011
Preston, Lancs
This sort of thing only confirms what I heard about Westley from several well-placed sources when he was manager at Preston - that he is an utter tool. My PNE-supporting friends were so relieved when he was sacked, as he was considered a total embarrassment to the club.

Leopards and spots.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
I don't see why he can't listen in but after being asked repeatedly to leave and not leaving that's just being a pr1ck and I don't blame Adams for leaving him to his circus.

Tony Pastyman

♣️ Senior Greens
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 1, 2008
Ade the green":3ispc84c said:
Steve Evans":3ispc84c said:
derek should have let him listen in.i can't see a problem here.

To be honest with you, I agree and can't see a problem with it. If anything it shows that DA is feeling the pressure.

There is a problem, the man lacks good manners and respect for people, you only have to listen to his interview with Chris Errington to make that assumption.
What message does his behaviour send to young players and supporters. Absolutely disgraceful behaviour.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Ade the green":2hrhh4yl said:
Steve Evans":2hrhh4yl said:

To be honest with you, I agree and can't see a problem with it. If anything it shows that DA is feeling the pressure.

It's post match etiquette. One manager speaks to the press after a game followed by the other manager. Chris Errington has said in 20 years as an Argyle reporter he's never seen a manager eavesdrop on another manager after a game.

Adams arrived at Argyle as a manager with a fiery temper, Westley and Ainsworth have tried to wind him up but he's remained calm and diffused situations.

Newport were known as a friendly club with unfortunate pitch problems but their reputation will change to being a horrible team with a horrible manager.

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
Don't have a problem with it. Like it or not, Westley is a professional football manager whose livelihood depends on results. He's trying to wind up Adams and it's worked. By these small margins are games won and lost.

It strikes me that Adams could have won out here by rising above it. Ignore Westley or, better, welcome him into the room. As Westley said, it was a press conference where whatever Adams said would then be reported. He's hardly broken into the dressing room.

Mar 1, 2008
cheshiregreen":3ic4smzp said:
http://m.plymouthherald.co.uk/why-i-was-called-a-clown-by-newport-boss-graham-westley-after-fa-cup-tie/story-29956097-detail/story.html

What childish petty nonsense this all is.

M

mikedjoker

He's managed 11 clubs in 10 years so he will likely be gone next Newport visit.

Aug 22, 2006
PL2 3DQ":1070nmit said:
Ade the green":1070nmit said:
Steve Evans":1070nmit said:

It's post match etiquette. One manager speaks to the press after a game followed by the other manager. Chris Errington has said in 20 years as an Argyle reporter he's never seen a manager eavesdrop on another manager after a game.

Adams arrived at Argyle as a manager with a fiery temper, Westley and Ainsworth have tried to wind him up but he's remained calm and diffused situations.

Newport were known as a friendly club with unfortunate pitch problems but their reputation will change to being a horrible team with a horrible manager.

I agree about the post match etiquette. With regards to Ainsworth trying to wind Adams up it's a different thing all together. Like i've said before on these forums (I know generally no one pays much attention to what I say but so be it) Gareth Ainsworth comes across (in my dealings with him) as a thoroughly nice chap, humble, very knowledgeable, dedicated, committed and has great taste in all types of rock music (ok the last bit is irrelevant.) I appreciate on the pitch scenarios can play out differently. For example even his former team mate/friend Neil Ardley commented about the frustrations of why his teams of late were unlike Gareth and what he was all about as a player (I think implying about dark arts, niggly play etc.) On the pitch we are also generally green-tinted but even if we're not we don't really know what is being said on the touchline to rile the opposition up. For example do you think that Derek Adams and Paul Wotton just stand there and talk about the weather to the opposition when the heat is on? Gareth of course is not totally blameless for some of the stuff that's gone on, i'm the first to shake my head at time wasting, diving etc. It's unbelievably infuriating. However the difference between Ainsworth and Westley is about as far as you can get especially in terms of character. Polar opposites. Chalk/Cheese, Trump/Obama, UB40/Def Leppard, Tynan/Power. Westley is an utter disgrace of a man, but that's not all that surprising to anyone who has followed football from non league. Forget the Preston debacle. He has so much history it in fact started way before when he was the owner at Farnborough. If you have 5 minutes take a look at this - it's a fascinating read and it's a small insight into the type of person that he is!

http://twohundredpercent.net/100-owners ... ough-town/

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Agreed. Westley is more odious than Ainsworth. Neither would be on my Christmas Card list though.

We still have to look forward to his cheating shenanigans in our Boxing Day special.