Does DA know what he's doing? | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Does DA know what he's doing?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
In hindsight, this question should have created a poll. I suspect that, following 135 posts, 'Yes' would have won and 'undecided' would have come second.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
HC Green":24e0uwjl said:
I don't understand where you get the idea we capitulated, I can't think of one game where we ever gave less than 100% and capitulated. We never went on a long losing streak.
It was an odd goal in a couple of matches that cost promotion, either not scoring or conceding soft goals, examples being Crawley and Accrington and most of these were due to an individual's error, and not the same person.
This is what I found so frustrating about last season.

You obviously weren't at Wembley!

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Andy_S":1jvnfh8m said:
HC Green":1jvnfh8m said:
I don't understand where you get the idea we capitulated, I can't think of one game where we ever gave less than 100% and capitulated. We never went on a long losing streak.
It was an odd goal in a couple of matches that cost promotion, either not scoring or conceding soft goals, examples being Crawley and Accrington and most of these were due to an individual's error, and not the same person.

You obviously weren't at Wembley!

I don't think Wembley was due to lack of effort, more a case of playing the wrong team. Our main problem last year is that we couldn't cope with the teams who play negative football. Wimbledon did a good job of stopping us playing as they knew that this was their best way of beating us, if we had played Wycombe I'm sure that the result would have been the same.

Teams sussed out our weakness and exploited it. If we had Pompey or Northampton at Wembley, we would have had a good chance of being in league 1 now.

Aug 5, 2005
demportdave":20uq7977 said:
Too many fans seem to think that PASOTI is solely for the purpose of praising everything Argyle and in particular, Adams.

We have a new season coming up when we should be looking forward to playing against the likes of Sheffield United, Bolton, Charlton, Coventry etc. Instead, we will competing against the likes of Morecambe, Crawley, Barnet and Stevenage, again!

After 5 seasons in the basement League, we wontonly threw away what may well be the best chance we are likely to have of getting out of it. Adams did a great job to get us comfortably clear of 4th place going into the final third of the season, but he then presided over a disasterous capitulation which culminated in a massive anti-climax at Wembley when we were unable to muster a shot on goal in 90 minutes.

Yet to many, whilst he was the best thing since sliced bread for the first 30 games or so, the collapse was nothing to do with him and they came up with every excuse they could rather put any blame on him. When it really mattered at the 'business end' of the season, Adams was found wanting yet anyone who dares to say this or voice any criticism of him is immediately denounced.

Dave, here's the definition of the word 'fan'

An enthusiastic devotee (as of a sport or a performing art) usually as a spectator

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fan

You see fans are meant to be enthusiastic. That's what the word means. Yet you seem to object to fans who are enthusiastic, frequently calling them 'green tints' and 'happy clappers'.

Do you understand why people get frustrated by your posts? Why not accept that people are fans and allow enthusiasm?

Yes we should be in a higher division but we're not, and criticising other supporters isn't going to change that, is it?

Oct 31, 2015
HC Green":fceewond said:

Really!!!!

We capitulated in the final 3rd of the season and didnt turn up at Wembley. The results during the run in wete poor and our Home form was horrible. I cant remember a game whete DA changed it around when it wasnt working in this period and Wembley was a good example of that. Saying that you can see what DA isctrying to do this season. Northampton got out on Strength ans Power and I think thats ehat DA ia aiming for. Not sure if Carey is out who will be in that creative role but Im sure theres a plan

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Quizmike":1qbttoqd said:
demportdave":1qbttoqd said:
Too many fans seem to think that PASOTI is solely for the purpose of praising everything Argyle and in particular, Adams.

We have a new season coming up when we should be looking forward to playing against the likes of Sheffield United, Bolton, Charlton, Coventry etc. Instead, we will competing against the likes of Morecambe, Crawley, Barnet and Stevenage, again!

After 5 seasons in the basement League, we wontonly threw away what may well be the best chance we are likely to have of getting out of it. Adams did a great job to get us comfortably clear of 4th place going into the final third of the season, but he then presided over a disasterous capitulation which culminated in a massive anti-climax at Wembley when we were unable to muster a shot on goal in 90 minutes.

Yet to many, whilst he was the best thing since sliced bread for the first 30 games or so, the collapse was nothing to do with him and they came up with every excuse they could rather put any blame on him. When it really mattered at the 'business end' of the season, Adams was found wanting yet anyone who dares to say this or voice any criticism of him is immediately denounced.

An enthusiastic devotee (as of a sport or a performing art) usually as a spectator

You see fans are meant to be enthusiastic. That's what the word means. Yet you seem to object to fans who are enthusiastic, frequently calling them 'Argyle fans' and 'happy clappers'.

Do you understand why people get frustrated by your posts? Why not accept that people are fans and allow enthusiasm?

Yes we should be in a higher division but we're not, and criticising other supporters isn't going to change that, is it?

I accept and like your post, it sums up how I think the majority of "fans" feel, however in its purest form I think it is an exercise in semantics. I find it frustrating that certain posters, no names no pack drills but we all know who they are, never post when results are good but burn up the keyboard when we lose, buy a player they don`t fancy etc. etc.

Apr 1, 2009
justanotherfan":17401s51 said:
Quizmike":17401s51 said:
demportdave":17401s51 said:

You see fans are meant to be enthusiastic. That's what the word means. Yet you seem to object to fans who are enthusiastic, frequently calling them 'Argyle fans' and 'happy clappers'.

I accept and like your post, it sums up how I think the majority of "fans" feel, however in its purest form I think it is an exercise in semantics. I find it frustrating that certain posters, no names no pack drills but we all know who they are, never post when results are good but burn up the keyboard when we lose, buy a player they don`t fancy etc. etc.

Surely the joy of this sort of forum is as many different opinions as possible? I certainly don't want everyone else spouting exactly the same as me. Why allow others to frustrate you? It's only an internet forum, and you can turn off the posters you don't like if you only want to read those who broadly see things the same way as yourself.

Jan 15, 2009
Plymouth, Devon
I don't buy the reasoning that the manager is solely to blame for the poor final third to the season. The facts are we only had 17 players start 10 or more games last season, 5 of which were loanees. We had a small squad that when injury to key players kicked in struggled and tired throughout the season, a small squad that meant we lacked options for player rotation and substitutes to influence games.

The manager clearly knows this is the case and with a full preseason has assembled a genuine squad of players, from my point of view with experience at higher level than this. Hopefully this experience will benefit us more during the crunch moments in the coming season.

One thing Mr Adams will have to address is our home form. 8 defeats including that against an already relegated Dag & Red is what cost us the most. Just four points from those 8 games would have made the difference.

Sep 6, 2006
IJN":hv9d5kos said:
demportdave":hv9d5kos said:

I don't agree with that at all Dave.

I think the majority of people on here are fans, fans that don't necessarily want to slag off their team, their manager, their club.

I put myself in that category. I might have my own thoughts about certain aspects of PAFC but I, and I suspect many others don't feel the need to bare their souls on this or any other site, and possibly they feel like me, when they read the same people going on and on about DA/JB/Reuben Reid/Kelvin Mellor/Cheap player/not signing Prem quality players etc etc it gets up their noses.

I'm not speaking on behalf of anyone else, it is just my opinion, but as I say I do suspect others feel the same.

I've met both Up The Line and Balham Green (as examples), UTL is a tidy lad who simply likes to emphasise the negative and BG is simply a miserable sod. :greensmile:

However, they and anyone else is welcome on this site with their opinions but what I do say is that they should expect to get hammered because of their apparent need to revel in bad news rather than good, it's not really the norm to do that when you're a fan. Some people argue it is, I really do believe the vast majority of fans believe it certainly isn't.

PASOTI is here for everyone, and as I say, all our welcome to their opinions. :thumbs:

Since that's aimed unnecessarily at me I'll respond!
Cant say I found you a bundle of laughs either! Apart from the recent comment that the pitch cost us promotion. Worrying thing is I think you believe it.
Point is do we want a site which is just a club mouth piece(we all know how well IJN is connected to the club) with happy clappers like pafc 1996 replicating the nonsense on the official site or do we want genuine debate? Its very sad that doubts or concerns raised appear to be seen as treachery which is absolute nonsense.

Sep 6, 2006
Rudeness":2zkuchtu said:
I don't buy the reasoning that the manager is solely to blame for the poor final third to the season. The facts are we only had 17 players start 10 or more games last season, 5 of which were loanees. We had a small squad that when injury to key players kicked in struggled and tired throughout the season, a small squad that meant we lacked options for player rotation and substitutes to influence games.

The manager clearly knows this is the case and with a full preseason has assembled a genuine squad of players, from my point of view with experience at higher level than this. Hopefully this experience will benefit us more during the crunch moments in the coming season.

One thing Mr Adams will have to address is our home form. 8 defeats including that against an already relegated Dag & Red is what cost us the most. Just four points from those 8 games would have made the difference.

If it was such a small squad why did he sign loanees he never used?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Balham_Green":qltw7h53 said:
IJN":qltw7h53 said:
demportdave":qltw7h53 said:

I think the majority of people on here are fans, fans that don't necessarily want to slag off their team, their manager, their club.

I put myself in that category. I might have my own thoughts about certain aspects of PAFC but I, and I suspect many others don't feel the need to bare their souls on this or any other site, and possibly they feel like me, when they read the same people going on and on about DA/JB/Reuben Reid/Kelvin Mellor/Cheap player/not signing Prem quality players etc etc it gets up their noses.

I'm not speaking on behalf of anyone else, it is just my opinion, but as I say I do suspect others feel the same.

I've met both Up The Line and Balham Green (as examples), UTL is a tidy lad who simply likes to emphasise the negative and BG is simply a miserable sod. :greensmile:

However, they and anyone else is welcome on this site with their opinions but what I do say is that they should expect to get hammered because of their apparent need to revel in bad news rather than good, it's not really the norm to do that when you're a fan. Some people argue it is, I really do believe the vast majority of fans believe it certainly isn't.

PASOTI is here for everyone, and as I say, all our welcome to their opinions. :thumbs:

Cant say I found you a bundle of laughs either! Apart from the recent comment that the pitch cost us promotion. Worrying thing is I think you believe it.
Point is do we want a site which is just a club mouth piece(we all know how well IJN is connected to the club) with happy clappers like pafc 1996 replicating the nonsense on the official site or do we want genuine debate? Its very sad that doubts or concerns raised appear to be seen as treachery which is absolute nonsense.

Oh dear, all I said was your were a miserable sod (with a smiley I would add :greensmile: ) and you were that day. I was laughing and joking with others as we won 2-0 but you weren't happy with that from memory, you said we had a bad 2nd half. :lol:

As for this site being a club mouth piece, we certainly don't no one does.

As it happens, I have fears about this season, too many changes for my liking, far too many BUT I don't go on and on and on about them like some of you do.

Don't you get it BG, it's not the fact that you guys are being accused of treachery, if we were all in a bar and we saw some miserable bugger saying 'We are crap' time and time again, people would stand up and say 'FFS, stop saying the same thing' or something similar.

I think that's all people are saying.

I'd also point out that guys like you and UTL seem to get pleasure out of misery, that's not normal is it?

Mar 14, 2009
IJN":1n8v5dr8 said:
Balham_Green":1n8v5dr8 said:
IJN":1n8v5dr8 said:
demportdave":1n8v5dr8 said:

Oh dear, all I said was your were a miserable sod (with a smiley I would add :greensmile: ) and you were that day. I was laughing and joking with others as we won 2-0 but you weren't happy with that from memory, you said we had a bad 2nd half. :lol:

As it happens, I have fears about this season, too many changes for my liking, far too many BUT I don't go on and on and on about them like some of you do.

Don't you get it BG, it's not the fact that you guys are being accused of treachery, if we were all in a bar and we saw some miserable bugger saying 'We are crap' time and time again, people would stand up and say 'FFS, stop saying the same thing' or something similar.

I'd also point out that guys like you and UTL seem to get pleasure out of misery, that's not normal is it?

I have to highlight a section IJN says because I think its important and is how I feel currently about Argyle's situation.

Its no doubt a number of us share concerns. I'm not convinced so many players can gel so quickly, even if they are mostly of a reasonable standard. It would still take time. So we share a little "realism" as you put it.

Yet like IJN says, its the way you go on and on and on with your negative clap trap repeating the same anti-Argyle crap. Its constant dribble. The worst thing is you don't even realise I think what your doing. If you do, it makes you even more weirder to embroil yourself in doing this week after week.

Sep 6, 2006
IJN":3gaz3v0z said:
Balham_Green":3gaz3v0z said:
IJN":3gaz3v0z said:
demportdave":3gaz3v0z said:

That's where you get it wrong. We are not saying we are crap all the time, certainly not me, just trying to give some perspective to what seems a large majority who have a blind optimism. The reality is hopefully in between. This squad doesn't look good enough to win promotion to me and there ARE too many changes, but I doubt we will struggle either! I don't have the blind faith many do in DA but I sure hope I'm wrong.
No doubt that will be construed as another piece of outrageous negativity.